Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-16-2022, 09:33 AM   #1

Shower Door Off Track

I have 2016 Pinnacle with the 3 panel shower doors. The middle panel has dropped off the rail it is supposed to be sliding on. I can’t lift panel high enough to put the wheel back in the track. Do I need to remove or loosen the top frame piece to get this panel back in the track? Is there something else I should do?

RVing all my life......1st Jayco
ETCrockett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2022, 09:57 AM   #2
Lost in the Woods

Quote:
Originally Posted by ETCrockett View Post
I have 2016 Pinnacle with the 3 panel shower doors. The middle panel has dropped off the rail it is supposed to be sliding on. I can’t lift panel high enough to put the wheel back in the track. Do I need to remove or loosen the top frame piece to get this panel back in the track? Is there something else I should do?

Take the stop(s) out, (#2 square recess), roll the door out until the off track roller is outside the channel, guide it back into the channel and replace the stop(s).
Onyrlef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2022, 10:01 AM   #3

Quote:

Looks to me like you do. Also looks like a 2-person job. Tried to embed the video but haven't quite figured out how to do that yet.

Edit: Guess I did,
2019 Jayco Jayflight 28RLS (New York)
The latest government survey finds that 3 out of 4 people account for 75% of the total population.
JB13502 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2022, 12:03 PM   #4

Thanks for the video!! It pretty much confirms that I have to remove the top bar to put the middle panel back on its track.
Old 06-16-2022, 12:39 PM   #5
Lost in the Woods

Quote:
Thanks for the video!! It pretty much confirms that I have to remove the top bar to put the middle panel back on its track.
Sorry, I'd just assumed you had the curved track. Before taking the top track off make sure you can't take the wheel off the door, insert it back into the track and reattach to the door. those wheels are ordinarily adjustable too.
Onyrlef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2022, 04:59 PM   #6

Talking

Quote:

You have to take the screws out of the top rail to be able to put the roller back on.
Use blue lock tite so it doesn’t come off again.

It’s a real PITA to do by yourself.

2016 Pinnacle 36 KPTS
2016 F350 Lariat CC LB dually 6.7
jasum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2022, 09:11 PM   #7

I had the screw come out of the wheel. Instead of pulling the track off I did this. Drilled a hole thru the upper track. Put screw in thru hole with lock tite. The end doors I backed out the screws and applied locktite. I am sure one day I will be taking it all apart. And that will be a two person job.
2016 Pinnacle FBTS Traded
Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2022, 07:30 PM   #8

I thought I would give an update on how we fixed the middle panel on a sliding shower door in a Pinnacle. I’m sure this would apply to any floor plan that has a residential shower with the three panel doors. The middle door had slide out of track and bent the spring clip that is supposed to stop that from happening. Nearest I can tell, I didn’t get the latch on tight before traveling. Some where along the way I’m sure someone cut me off and I had to jam on the brakes! That sent two panels sliding forward with such force the middle just blew right past the spring clip. I’m lucky it didn’t break the panels. Anyway, with the of younger man with steadier hands, we were able to slide the wheel on the middle panel back in the channel and with needle nose pliers put the spring clip back in place. Lesson learned!! When fastening the door clamp in place on travel day, press down until you hear it click!

Old 06-29-2022, 06:50 AM   #9

Thanks for the update, ET. It sounds like you were able to do this without removing the doors?
2019 Jayco Jayflight 28RLS (New York)
The latest government survey finds that 3 out of 4 people account for 75% of the total population.
JB13502 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2022, 04:50 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB13502 View Post
Thanks for the update, ET. It sounds like you were able to do this without removing the doors?
Yes that is correct. We did not have to remove the header to put the door back on the track.