Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-29-2020, 05:36 PM   #1

Shower Drain Repair

Evening all - hope everyone and your families are well.

late last fall we had a heater issue in our NP 377.....short story made long, the repair for that broke the drain of our shower (basically sheared the pipe off at the underside of the shower).

So I need to work on getting that fixed now. My issue is that the rig is one state away, so I cant just go look at the parts I need. Does anyone happen to know if box stores carry the necessary pieces (assuming it's common household stuff). I know the piping is black (ABS I believe?). is it really just a common drain piece feeding down to the piping? Does anyone know the size off hand?

Thought I'd check here first just to see if anyone has experience with this.

Thanks in advance!
Old 03-29-2020, 08:19 PM   #2
Lost in the Woods

I just went through something similar. My shower drain cracked on our last trip last year, and flooded the bath and rear area. The shower tailpiece cracked at the joint to the trap.

Primary reason, crappy Jayco quality. They cut out a huge section of plywood that supports the shower pan, which allows it to flex like hell. That flexing caused the pipe to break.

I cut out the existing ABS trap, and installed a new trap and tailpiece to the shower drain. It was standard Home Depot sink tailpiece parts and standard 1-1/2" ABS trap.

I would take a close look at the plywood shower pan support to make sure they didn't cut a big section out of yours too. Check to see how much flex there is in the drain section of the shower floor.

Here's the new parts I put in.
Attached Thumbnails
DrainDone2.jpg  
RetiredOne is offline   Reply With Quote