Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 12-01-2023, 06:27 AM   #1

Shower leak...

2021 Jayco North Point 382 FLRB

This summer, we found water in the rear basement under the shower as it stores our charcoal and other stuff. Our camper is not lived in full time. So we showered outside now it's too cold, obviously. I started my investigation during Thanksgiving. It appeared that the water was also behind a service panel on the griddle side. The small cover was damp.With everything being dry, I had the girlfriend shower no leaks. I showered, and the dampness showed up underneath the rear basement the next day. It was under the temporary plastic tray, which was strange. Given my weight at 270, I think the drain is the cause. Don't want to tear up my shower, and I need to look in the washer closet. I found another service panel. Could be a leaking drain in the shower pan or something else.
Gordaskipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2023, 08:51 AM   #2
Site Team

I had a small crack in my shower after many years of use. It was close to the drain hole where someone either stepped on it wrong or dropped something.

I drilled a small hole to stop it from running and repaired in from bottom and top with clear epoxy. We used it for a 2 month trip this fall and it did not leak anymore.

Hope you can access it from underneath the shower pan.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2023, 09:48 AM   #3

I don't think I can
Old 12-03-2023, 06:25 AM   #4

It was a cold water leak that was discovered from removing the panels inside the utility closet. It leaked enough for water to get behind the fridge and run to the rear basement. After removing the panels I could see under the shower pan bone dry.