Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum
 


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 07-09-2021, 02:11 PM   #1
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2020
Location: laprairie
Posts: 50
shwintek slide out system

hi everyone, we owned a 2018 jayco 30.5 mlok, and that unit has two slide out , one in the boot dinette ,with the underneath rail system, and the second, for the bedroom wardrobe wich is operate with the shwintek rail system . as far we didn't have any issues with both. we just want to see if some of our folks who have the same trailer and shwintek slide out system, have any issues, with that system. thank for any information helping.
__________________
pierre charron / Christine Poulin



2018 jayco ht eagle 30.5 mlok
chevrolet Silverado 3500 gas dually wheel 2011
pc35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2021, 06:15 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: Hamilton
Posts: 303
Lots of posts on this and other forums about the Schwintech system. Also several videos on the components and recommended maintenance. A SEARCH is your friend. Use the search at the top. To answer your question, YES some people have had problems with the system. Many have not.
__________________
Dave and Ivy

2020 North Point 315RLTS
Ram 3500/Aisin CC, SB, SRW, Superglide
Firestone Ride-Rite Air bags, TST507 TPMS
DrSmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2021, 06:50 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
Radar57's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: Avon
Posts: 331
In seems that most that have had problems with the Schwintek slide system are ones installed on the large kitchen slide. That is a very large and heavy slide. Jayco used that on units pre-2018 model year. In 2018 they went to the Slim rack which is similar but I think is a lot more forgiving with manufacturing tolerances and installation. That's not to say you will not have issues with the Schwintek on the smaller slides. We have both and, knock on wood, have not had any problems yet. With the Schwintek slide make sure you hold the button 5 or more seconds after the slide stops to aide in keeping the motors synchronized.
__________________
Keith and Lisa Ward
2019 Pinnacle 36FBTS
2021 Ford F350 XLT CC LB DRW 6.7L Diesel
Demco 18K Autoslide Hitch
2019 Ford F350 SB 6.7L Diesel (Gone)
Radar57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2021, 07:44 PM   #4
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: Bondurant
Posts: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radar57 View Post
In seems that most that have had problems with the Schwintek slide system are ones installed on the large kitchen slide. That is a very large and heavy slide. Jayco used that on units pre-2018 model year. In 2018 they went to the Slim rack which is similar but I think is a lot more forgiving with manufacturing tolerances and installation. That's not to say you will not have issues with the Schwintek on the smaller slides. We have both and, knock on wood, have not had any problems yet. With the Schwintek slide make sure you hold the button 5 or more seconds after the slide stops to aide in keeping the motors synchronized.
Actually we have a 2019 model with the schwintek on both the bedroom slide and the kitchen slide. Worked on the kitchen slide a few hours yesterday, discovered the motor was never fully seated in the mount causing it to come completely out after a while. did a number on the motor housing but it still runs and was able to get the slide in at the campground.
mikensue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2021, 05:51 AM   #5
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: smithville, ont.
Posts: 2,475
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikensue View Post
Actually we have a 2019 model with the schwintek on both the bedroom slide and the kitchen slide. Worked on the kitchen slide a few hours yesterday, discovered the motor was never fully seated in the mount causing it to come completely out after a while. did a number on the motor housing but it still runs and was able to get the slide in at the campground.
If it was never seated in the mount then the screw that stops it from coming out of the mount was never installed correctly , or has fallen out.
__________________
2016 North Point 341RLTS
520watts of solar. Morningstar MPPT
4 6volt 235ah Surrette batteries
2017 F-350 Platinum CC SRW
klassic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2021, 08:07 AM   #6
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2021
Location: INGERSOLL
Posts: 6
kitchen slide

Quote:
Originally Posted by klassic View Post
If it was never seated in the mount then the screw that stops it from coming out of the mount was never installed correctly , or has fallen out.
where did you find the kitchen slide controller
woody1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2021, 08:20 AM   #7
Senior Member
 
Rock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Mexico Beach
Posts: 1,669
The screw holds the motor to the column. Two years ago on highway coming home the rear of my kitchen slide came out. The shaft came down enough to disengage from motor. Dealer called Jayco who told them to make a metal L bracket and insert it in bottom of column to push up on the drive shaft. It is just held in place by a screw. My warranty company would not pay since it was not a failed part. Years ago another RV company recalled for the same issue and the fix was a shim kit. I asked LCI about it and they have it to correct a manufactures defect. The kit they sell is a nylon block that goes up in from bottom of column and a screw holds it in place.
Like Klassic said screw loose or came out. If motor screw was tight in column than the shaft is sliding down just enough to disengage.

Rock
__________________
2016 Pinnacle 36 FBTS, washer/drier, Onan 5500, G tires, dual Payne windows.
2019 Ram 3500 Laramie 4x4 LB, DRW, HO Motor 4:10 Air Suspension, 12” Info Center.
Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2021, 09:05 AM   #8
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: smithville, ont.
Posts: 2,475
Quote:
Originally Posted by woody1 View Post
where did you find the kitchen slide controller
It should be screwed to the ceiling of the basement storage. Or on the ceiling behind the wall.
They are in all different locations with different models.
Having things easy to find and fix isn’t high on Jayco priority list.
__________________
2016 North Point 341RLTS
520watts of solar. Morningstar MPPT
4 6volt 235ah Surrette batteries
2017 F-350 Platinum CC SRW
klassic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2021, 08:08 PM   #9
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: Bondurant
Posts: 57
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by klassic View Post
If it was never seated in the mount then the screw that stops it from coming out of the mount was never installed correctly , or has fallen out.
That is correct, and after looking at the other side I discovered the same thing. It just had not worked its way out yet....must have been a shortage of small screws the day unit was made....
mikensue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2021, 08:50 PM   #10
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: smithville, ont.
Posts: 2,475
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikensue View Post
That is correct, and after looking at the other side I discovered the same thing. It just had not worked its way out yet....must have been a shortage of small screws the day unit was made....
The first time my kitchen slide was replaced, the dealer must have been out of proper screws too. After I picked it up I tried the slide in my driveway and saw the motor spin..
Destroyed the wire, and the top of the motor.
The screw was just an every day wood screw that was too short and not the right thread.
__________________
2016 North Point 341RLTS
520watts of solar. Morningstar MPPT
4 6volt 235ah Surrette batteries
2017 F-350 Platinum CC SRW
klassic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2021, 12:05 PM   #11
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2021
Location: INGERSOLL
Posts: 6
Shwintek slideout

on my Jayco 5th wheel I have 5 slide outs 2 in the upper living room 2 in the back bedroom and the kitchen slide so there should be 5 slide controls one for each slide I found 3 in the .basement ceiling. unable to find the bedroom slide controllers. the slide not working is the kitchen slide. is it possible that one of the3 in the basement is for the kitchen is there a way to find out as they are not marked
woody1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2021, 12:16 PM   #12
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: smithville, ont.
Posts: 2,475
Unplug the power to each one individually, then try a slide until you find it.
I’m sure the back bed slide controllers are back there as they can’t run the motor wires all the way to the front.
__________________
2016 North Point 341RLTS
520watts of solar. Morningstar MPPT
4 6volt 235ah Surrette batteries
2017 F-350 Platinum CC SRW
klassic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2021, 12:28 PM   #13
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2020
Location: Firestone
Posts: 2
No title

Quote:
Originally Posted by woody1 View Post
on my Jayco 5th wheel I have 5 slide outs 2 in the upper living room 2 in the back bedroom and the kitchen slide so there should be 5 slide controls one for each slide I found 3 in the .basement ceiling. unable to find the bedroom slide controllers. the slide not working is the kitchen slide. is it possible that one of the3 in the basement is for the kitchen is there a way to find out as they are not marked
I found my bedroom controller under the bathroom sink?? I have a 2020 Pinnacle 38flwd
wwgilstrap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2021, 12:50 PM   #14
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Big bear
Posts: 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by klassic View Post
Unplug the power to each one individually, then try a slide until you find it.
I’m sure the back bed slide controllers are back there as they can’t run the motor wires all the way to the front.
They did in ours the motor up front compartment, and the slider relay (controller) is back under the master bed. Unreal, then they ran wire under coach, up thru side frame, under drawer in dinette, then split between motor and switch on other side of coach. No wiring schematic that Jayco has shows how our coach is wired. The Vp said, our installers went rogue and put things where they wanted to. The VP I spoke with said it happens more than you think. Jayco sent me every wiring diagram they had for class c’s, class A’s, TT, 5th wheels, etc. and none match up. Don’t even get me started on the wiring behind the tv. We ended up running our own 8 amp cord between tv’s in order to watch the tv on the inverter in the bedroom and to use our satellite dish, another of our fixes. Jayco and our dealer had no idea how it was wired or hooked up. Luckily, our sons does wiring in
elevators, and he was able to figure out what these installers did and remedied their work. They need to hire installers that know the difference between auto crimps and connectors and house connectors that don’t have to withstand vibrations. There wiring gets a zero on a 1-10 scale.
Retired mountain folk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2021, 03:22 PM   #15
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2021
Location: Lake Oswego
Posts: 5
Drive shaft seems to high or block seems too low

Curious if anyone knows how to fix this issue. My slide stopped working so I pulled the motor out, and found out it was unable to seat in the screw holes.

It seems that the shaft has raised up OR the block has dropped down just enough so I can't get the motor to seat properly.



Any recommendations on how to fix it?
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_1195.jpg  
papacarp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2021, 07:08 AM   #16
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2021
Location: INGERSOLL
Posts: 6
Need to put bigger screw in this happen to others
woody1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2021, 08:40 AM   #17
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: smithville, ont.
Posts: 2,475
Papacarp, check out this video maybe you can diagnose what’s wrong
And the previous video he refers to is of him repairing a motor and how he got it to seat correctly.

https://youtu.be/lQPIrVaSOlk
__________________
2016 North Point 341RLTS
520watts of solar. Morningstar MPPT
4 6volt 235ah Surrette batteries
2017 F-350 Platinum CC SRW
klassic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2021, 01:50 PM   #18
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2021
Location: Lake Oswego
Posts: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by klassic View Post
Papacarp, check out this video maybe you can diagnose what’s wrong
And the previous video he refers to is of him repairing a motor and how he got it to seat correctly.

https://youtu.be/lQPIrVaSOlk
Thank you. Yea, I've been all over this guys videos and they are very helpful - I also have a call into him as I'll be in Port Angeles in a few weeks where he is based.

Based on what I've learned it seems that the gibs have broken. I probably need to take the whole thing apart and get some new rivets in the gibs.
papacarp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2021, 03:15 PM   #19
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2021
Location: Morehead City
Posts: 167
Quote:
Originally Posted by papacarp View Post
Curious if anyone knows how to fix this issue. My slide stopped working so I pulled the motor out, and found out it was unable to seat in the screw holes.

It seems that the shaft has raised up OR the block has dropped down just enough so I can't get the motor to seat properly.



Any recommendations on how to fix it?
When I replaced a motor on my swintech, had my son push down on the motor as I bumped the slide switch to get it seated.
Parrott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2021, 04:53 PM   #20
Senior Member
 
Rock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Mexico Beach
Posts: 1,669
Keep us informed on what u find. I would think if gib broke it would drop lower. U want to call LCI and send them that picture. After u get it fixed make sure u pray to the schwintek gods everytime u hit the button.
Rock
__________________
2016 Pinnacle 36 FBTS, washer/drier, Onan 5500, G tires, dual Payne windows.
2019 Ram 3500 Laramie 4x4 LB, DRW, HO Motor 4:10 Air Suspension, 12” Info Center.
Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Jayco, Inc. or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:45 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2002-2016 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.