Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-10-2017, 11:57 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdreinv View Post
High better check the tag on that mattress! Our 16 RSTS Eagle was suppose to have a Denver Pillow top by Lippert.Instead we got some garbage by a company Michiana.In warranty now for replacement!Happy Trails
Does the 2nd photo show "tape/denver lol"? If so how fitting.

We also have a 16 321RSTS and didn't have any complaints about the Denver mattress last year. Well last fall be got a new home mattress, camped this weekend, and both of us were complaining how the RV mattress now sucks!
estesbubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 09:53 PM   #22

We put a 3" Novaform gel matteres topper over our mattress. We found it at Costco and we did the same in our last trailer. We sleep like babies on that thing.
MadJoker TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 07:25 AM   #23

First thing I did was replace the OEM mattress with a sleep number r5. No regrets at all, love it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
sean.harp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 07:35 AM   #24

Quote:
High better check the tag on that mattress! Our 16 RSTS Eagle was suppose to have a Denver Pillow top by Lippert.Instead we got some garbage by a company Michiana.In warranty now for replacement!Happy Trails
I would try to get a credit rather than a replacement because they'll just replace it with another piece of crap. We bought a Brentwood Home 11" memory gel mattress and never looked back. We like it so much that we bought one for the house as our everyday sleeper! They are available from Amazon or directly from Brentwood Home.

https://www.brentwoodhome.com/pages/...vxfhoCL_zw_wcB
Old 04-11-2017, 08:23 PM   #25

We just bought a 2017 Jayco Eagle 321RSTS this week and we haven't taken it on her maiden voyage yet. However, after reading this thread and just laying on the mattress to test it out, we went to the Art Van clearance center on Friday and bought a new queen mattress for $287 and it fits like a charm and is sooo comfortable. My poor husband wouldn't do well sleeping on a "board-like" mattress or on one that potentially will get indentations right off the bat. Bring on our first camping weekend of the season!!
Ryansmom07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 08:52 PM   #26

Just got our 27bhs. Spent two nights on the "Simmons residential mattress." Our body imprints are permanently in it so deep that they are obvious even when the bed is made with mattress pad, sheets, blanket and cimforter.
Anyone have advice? Should we contact jayco or buy a new mattress? Definitely don't want another mattress like it. Need a mattress to sleep on quickly. How do we contact them? Can't find anywhere to send them my comments.
Definitely disappointed.
Mgard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 08:06 AM   #27

Simmons Mattress

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mgard View Post
Just got our 27bhs. Spent two nights on the "Simmons residential mattress." Our body imprints are permanently in it so deep that they are obvious even when the bed is made with mattress pad, sheets, blanket and cimforter.
Anyone have advice? Should we contact jayco or buy a new mattress? Definitely don't want another mattress like it. Need a mattress to sleep on quickly. How do we contact them? Can't find anywhere to send them my comments.
Definitely disappointed.
Its a factory problem, in our 16 Eagle we were suppose to have a Denver Pillow top by Lippert at 619.00 retail. Anyways took some pics of the stickers on the mattress.Some company Michianna made them.If that mattress cost 80 bucks I would have been surprised.Local dealer in Phoenix filed warranty claim with Jayco.The real mattress is on order.That's what worked for us,good luck!
Attached Thumbnails
DTOP7.jpg  
bdreinv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 10:08 AM   #28

Quote:
Its a factory problem, in our 16 Eagle we were suppose to have a Denver Pillow top by Lippert at 619.00 retail. Anyways took some pics of the stickers on the mattress.Some company Michianna made them.If that mattress cost 80 bucks I would have been surprised.Local dealer in Phoenix filed warranty claim with Jayco.The real mattress is on order.That's what worked for us,good luck!

Yes.. the price of these crappy mattresses on the Lippert website is a joke. You can get a way better mattress for less money almost anywhere. There's a huge variety of memory gel mattresses in a box available online. Anyone of which is way better than the "Denver" piece of junk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-23-2017, 10:28 PM   #29

MGARD--Talk to your dealer. We showed the mattress sag on our Jayco HT 28.5 RSTS to our dealer and he contacted Jayco. He took pictures of a straight-edge on the mattress to show the sag. We can either have a replacement or get a credit towards our buying a new mattress. No point in taking the replacement--it's the same Simmons residential hard-as-rock mattress.
irmapeltier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 02:37 AM   #30

Send a message via AIM to jaycojay Send a message via MSN to jaycojay
doesn't matter what mattress you use, if you don't support the bed underneath, you will end up with same problem. Just re-did mine ( read my post ), the mattress is night and day now .... not saying it's a superior mattress, but the thin plywood / no support is the major issue.
Old 06-06-2017, 12:19 PM   #31

We are having the same problem with our "upgrade" Simmons mattress. I weigh 210 lbs and my wife weighs(don't tell her I said this) 120 lbs and both sides of the mattress sags after only 12 nights on it and we have a 4" topper on it. Our dealer says we are the 4th owner of a 2017 Jayco that has this problem. Jayco denied our claim because there was not a sunk in place over 1 1/2 inches. The trailer was at the dealer for a week before they checked it. They advised me to call Jayco customer service. Has anyone call them? What number would I use?
Hsparkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 05:24 PM   #32

everyone keeps saying check the plywood I did I took the mattress off and sleep on the plywood it better the crappy Simmons mattress
cook66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017, 01:51 PM   #33

I got rid of mattress and sleep on the plywood platform much more comfortable then the mattress
cook66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017, 02:24 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hsparkman View Post
because there was not a sunk in place over 1 1/2 inches.
We just bought two residential mattresses (one for the home, one for the RV) and this is very common.
pconroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 09:56 AM   #35

We are having the same problem. 2017 28.5 rsts. Noticeable sag and only slept in 5 days so far. Would love to get a credit and put towards a memory foam mattress. We had one in our previous TT and loved it!
Old 07-01-2017, 06:12 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by videoguy View Post
We are having the same problem. 2017 28.5 rsts. Noticeable sag and only slept in 5 days so far. Would love to get a credit and put towards a memory foam mattress. We had one in our previous TT and loved it!

We had the same problem with this model. Take the RV to your dealer, get him to take pictures of the sagging mattress to send to Jayco, and ask for a credit. We got $200. Cdn. and purchased another mattress.
irmapeltier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017, 06:21 PM   #37

Somebody mentioned checking the tag on mattress so i did on my 16 eagle and found that it's a michiana but also has the denver tag across top corner of mattress. Look at pics. Leaves me a bit confused but gonna check my invoice.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0975.jpg   IMG_0976.jpg  
Campinfor6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2017, 04:43 PM   #38

Sagging on the mattress

My husband and I have camped for 3 weekend. The sagging of this mattress is horrible. What can be done? We bought a new kayo camper.
dmlavigne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2017, 04:51 PM   #39

If I bought a new camper (kayo or Jayco), I'd complain to the dealership. In some cases, Jayco has given owners cash to offset the cost of buying a new mattress.

In my case, after my complaints the dealer reinforced the bed platform to stop the sagging (but we still needed a mattress topper on the mattress to make the bed sleepable).
Full timing: Some will think you're crazy, some will be envious, just enjoy the freedom!
oldmanAZ is offline   Reply With Quote