Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-19-2020, 02:15 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSmart View Post
I find that we almost always add between 1 to 3 pads under our leveling feet to avoid an out of stroke error. There is a lot of clearance when the legs are up so they have a long way to drop before contact. Has anyone lowered the legs by dropping down 1 or 2 bolt holes where they mount?

We use 4 of the yellow plastic pads on each leveler. Has worked great for the last 2 yrs. Have some extras if needed but have never had to.
Poppyof5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2020, 02:44 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsc1979 View Post
I have one already. They are pretty heavy and have a bunch of bracing molded in. I think they would be pretty tough to collapse if used as intended. It’s not hollow like a bucket is
Thanks, are they stackable, then?
BigDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2020, 02:47 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDreamer View Post
Thanks, are they stackable, then?
Yes, they stack. There are pics of them stacked on their website. They don’t stack almost flush like a bucket though because the bracing takes up space.
jsc1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2020, 05:29 PM   #24

We have the Andersen red buckets too and they work well. We had an out of stroke error at our current site but the site is way off level.

A bonus we did not count on is that it really speeds up arrival and set-up. No more counting out lego blocks. snap them on to the jack pads with the magnets and hit "Autolevel" Because the jacks normally travel just a couple of inches, the process runs faster. I have to think that they are saving wear on the jacks.

The folks at ChangingLanes.com said that they crushed nine of them before giving up, but their rig is a heavy three-axle toy hauler. Each block is rated for 6,000 lbs.

We bought the set of six that came with the boot scraper for free and it actually works well at dirt sites.

One thing they did NOT solve was the shaking of the rig when the washer is in spin cycle but the other benefits outweigh that.

Angus
2019 F350 DRW Lariat CC Long Bed Diesel "Sheila"
3 Chihuahuas and 4 cats
We don't camp, we don't glamp, we LIVE.
Joan617 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2020, 05:41 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomson View Post
Since I am cripple I can't do the pins. I can drop 10 x 10 x 8 blocks and have never over extended.
Wood blocks are the way I do it also. I even use some 1 by stock on top of the block to get even closer to the pad. Wood is cheap, and there is another advantage of blocking; less extension of the ram is also less wear on the motor and brushes.
t18skyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2020, 08:56 PM   #26

They Work Great

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsc1979 View Post
I was thinking about ordering these. Kind of spendy but are nice. I have some of their levelers and tire jack.

https://andersenhitches.com/Products...ack-block.aspx

They also seem to help the stability of my 5th wheel.
BMW143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2020, 06:08 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by t18skyguy View Post
Wood blocks are the way I do it also. I even use some 1 by stock on top of the block to get even closer to the pad. Wood is cheap, and there is another advantage of blocking; less extension of the ram is also less wear on the motor and brushes.

Agreed on the wood blocks. I bought a 6x6 and cut approx 15" lengths, use under the rear and middle levelers. Never stroke out any more - plus the added length helps stabilize when there's a rut or it is really wet. And they will NOT give in to the weight or bend / crack over time.
Old 10-11-2020, 09:38 AM   #28

I put on snap pads, they are a permanent addition to the bottom of the jacks. When I get to a site, I pull the pins and put the jacks down and then press auto level and I am done. No blocks to carry, put in place or take back up when I leave. Plus they protect my driveway without having to put anything down. They are expensive but make set up and tear down easier.