Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-02-2022, 07:09 AM   #1

Slide adjustment

Thinking of purchasing a 2019 jayco eagle. Pretty nice except the dining room slide drops 1/2 an inch when extended and leaves a space between it and the wiper. All other slides fit tight.
Picture attached.
Attached Thumbnails
Resized_Resized_20220630_144013(1).jpg  
Sblwilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2022, 10:25 AM   #2

I assume this slide has a rack and pinion system. There are ways to adjust them, but you will need to evaluate more than just the gap at the top sweep. If the slide functions normally and sounds fine when extending and retracting, you probably have a relatively minor adjustment process to perform. It's just not easy for anyone to assess by the sweep alone. It looks like this unit has been outside with the slide extended for a long time...there is good chance debris and water have gotten in where it shouldn't have, so look for problems related to that.
2020 Eagle HT 30.5 CKTS Modern Farmhouse (16" wheels, spring shackles set on lower hole of frame, SumoSprings TSS-107-40, standard kingpin, B&W Companion slider, TST-507 TPMS, Progressive Industries hardwired 50A EMS HW-50C)
2019 F250 SRW SuperCab 4X4 SB 6.2 (10,000# GVW) 3.73 Axle 18" wheels
Nature Ist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2022, 10:32 AM   #3
Site Team

There should be another sweep on the inside. Is it also gapped? If it's not leaking I would do some research before you start trying to adjust it. Every adjustment affects other places and can get worse. Just be careful before starting.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2022, 01:34 PM   #4

Agree with Norty1, but if you are curious here is a great video by Lippert.

I used this video successfully to adjust my slide when the one side went in snug at the top, but the other end left a small gap at the top. Prob took me an hour and a half taking pics as I go - not to make a sh1t show of the project.

Watch it a few times before touching anything. I also had this on my laptop outside while do this project so I could refer to at any time.

Old 07-07-2022, 02:25 PM   #5

When I had to adjust mine, I referred to the Lippert video citgodan linked. Of course, the one thing it doesn't cover is the concern you have over the top seal not seating. A quick assumption is that you can correct that with the vertical adjustment if you find there is much more than the 1/4" difference. If there isn't, you'll need to look further at the unit to see if there is another issue - such as rotten floor where the outer arm supports attach, though that is not very likely.
In my case, I had too little room at the top, it was so high that the seal was being pinched by the screws on the horizontal flange (which are covered by roof tape) and wearing the seal and the roof tape. I was able to lower it enough to get clearance, though the dimensions in the Lippert video did not really correspond with my clearance problem. I suspect the Lippert video assumes the slide room is manufactured to the exact correct dimensions, which may not always be the case.
These things are always a bit tricky. Take your time to evaluate as much as you can before you make a move to purchase this unit. Ask the owner a lot of questions and look at everything you can. It looks to me like it is not a big problem, but I am not able to see the big picture.
2020 Eagle HT 30.5 CKTS Modern Farmhouse (16" wheels, spring shackles set on lower hole of frame, SumoSprings TSS-107-40, standard kingpin, B&W Companion slider, TST-507 TPMS, Progressive Industries hardwired 50A EMS HW-50C)
2019 F250 SRW SuperCab 4X4 SB 6.2 (10,000# GVW) 3.73 Axle 18" wheels
Nature Ist is offline   Reply With Quote