Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-22-2024, 09:16 AM   #1

Slide Jaycommand issue

Good morning all, I have a real head scratcher. On a 2023 Jayco Eagle HT 24RE
the slide movement is intermittent. Sometimes it works normal and other times I get just a bump noise and the error symbol on the Jaycommand tablet. the manual buttons on the bottom of the tablet do the same thing. This happens with no rhyme or reason. the shore line is plugged into 50 amp service. I talked the dealer into sending me another slide motor and it did the same thing. I was thinking of a dead spot on the motor. Of course when I had it at the dealer they couldn't get it to do it. Sometimes if you keep pushing the button or tablet or reverse direction, it will move. I have checked connections at the node and motor. I am thinking a bad relay contact but can't find any unless its in the node. I get frustrated and end up open and closing it with a drill and socket on the back end of the motor.
d61mccarty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2024, 07:31 PM   #2

Are you in Motor lock? read in manual what Motor lock/lockout is.

In short, caused by being connected to truck or not clearing out Motor lock before operating slide first.

FYI...I disconnected the Brake input to the node on mine to avoid this type of issue.

May or may not be your issue.

2017 Ram Cummins 3500, 4x4, Dually Aisin, 3.73
B&W hitch
Learjet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2024, 10:43 AM   #3

I don't think that is it. When the slide fails to move its not connected to the truck and the 7 pin is disconnected. But I will try the prescribed procedure.

Thanks
Old 04-23-2024, 03:48 PM   #4

On mine you have to push the #1 light button which turns on all the inside lights to get it out of travel mode, (motor lock out) could be that simple. Or you're on the right trail and it's a node / relay issue.
bill777x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2024, 06:19 PM   #5

Well its not motor lock out.

I tried the motor lock out procedure. And still has the issue. I am still leaning towards a Jaycommand node problem. The power for the slide comes from the fuse panel goes into the node on slide power in and the out puts on two wires that go directly to the motor. I need to check if there is voltage on the node slide output.
Old 04-26-2024, 07:01 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by d61mccarty View Post
I tried the motor lock out procedure. And still has the issue. I am still leaning towards a Jaycommand node problem. The power for the slide comes from the fuse panel goes into the node on slide power in and the out puts on two wires that go directly to the motor. I need to check if there is voltage on the node slide output.
check wires in and out of node. I had a slide with the power wire not all the way in.

2017 Ram Cummins 3500, 4x4, Dually Aisin, 3.73
B&W hitch
Learjet is online now   Reply With Quote