Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-19-2016, 06:03 AM   #1

slide out not centered

Anyone know if I can loosen the bolts under the slide and simply push it to center it in the opening, or will that throw the motors off?
My small living room slide (REQS) flattens the one side seal while moving in or out while the other side sweep doesn't even touch so it won't sweep the rain off while coming in.
Spanky1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2016, 06:14 AM   #2

I would not mess with it on my own. If under warranty then I would have the dealer do it.

2014 375 BHFS Eagle Premier
2014 Ram 3500 Longhorn DRW CC
6.7 CTD, Aisin, 4.10's
Yamaha EF3000iSEB
3'senough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2016, 08:10 AM   #3

Be careful doing it without first reviewing the videos provided by the slide manufacturer. Depending upon which manufacturer, they will likely have a tutorial on how to do this correctly. You just have to know who made it and what model it is. Trace down each component in your system, and perform the task they way they prescribe. But as 3'senough said, if it's under warranty, I'd have the dealer mess with it.
Old 07-19-2016, 09:09 AM   #4
Site Team

Be careful! Good advice. I have one slide that is tighter on one side than the other when closed. I attribute it to why the top rubber seal slips back about 12 inches every road trip. I have always just pulled it back in place and have had no luck securing it. My idea is to loosen that side a little, not move it sideways at all.
I am leery of messing with something that has no other problems and causing something else.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2016, 10:06 AM   #5
BCK

Adjusting your slides side-to-side is actually pretty easy. Extend it about half way to the balance point, loosen 4 nuts, push it over to center, tighten the nuts and you are done. I have the big slide on mine and it took longer to get the sockets and tape measure out than to actually do the adjustment.

There are other posts on here about slide adjustment and also about window seals coming off that deal with slide adjustments. Youtube has some helpful info as well.
BCK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2016, 06:53 PM   #6

You don't say what mechanism you have. But if it's Schwintec, they're supposed to be "self adjusting". If it's Lippert, there is a procedure for adjusting. A Google search will lead you to both.

2013 F-350 CC SB 2WD 6.7PS
2013 Eagle Premier 351 RLTS
-SOLD- 2012 X23B
-SOLD- 2003 Ford Expedition 5.4, Bilstein shocks
RedHorse1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2016, 04:51 AM   #7

Have you determined if the slide is off center while its closed as well as opened?
There will be two different procedures if 1-its centered closed and not centered when opened and 2-not centered when either closed or opened. They are both very simple adjustments. If you are having trouble with the slide after viewing the youtube or Lippert videos, PM me and I'll try to help.
Mule: 2016 RAM Mega Cab Dually, 4X4, Demco HiJacker 21K Autoslide on RAM Puck, Laramie, 6.7, Aisin, 4:10's, 51 Gallon Titan fuel tank, Superhitch 30K lb receiver, Jack Rabbit bed cover.
Wagon: 2015 Pinnacle 38FLSA, Sailun G's, Center Point Air Suspension, 572 Watts Solar w/4 T-145s, Solid Step, 1 ton mini split HVAC, Back up cam.
Tote: Custom built swivel wheel tote (one torsion axle w/dual tires) with a Rampage lift.
Drifter1959 is offline   Reply With Quote