Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-24-2020, 08:25 AM   #1

Slide out trouble

2014 28.5 rear kitchen . Main slide goes out fine - but I have to push from outside to get to go in , my wife holds button in . I also cannot find a way access the manual over ride . No cut out in sealed underbelly. Thanks
LOON17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2020, 08:47 AM   #2

Is it a swinteck system. Will have bars on the end panels. If it is there is no manual override per se. You will have a controller in basement. You can read the override instructions right on the box... Press button 6 times hold on 7th til lights change. Basically cranks up the current to the 2 electric motors.
Is the slide going in and out straight? May need to resync motors. Look on youtube for resync procedure under swinteck.
Make sure you lube the motor shafts with a light lubricant. Again youtube. Lube the rollers under the slide as well. They are in behind the rubber sweeps. If the slide binds at all they get out of sync. I also put silicone conditioner on the rubber seals. Makes them slippery too!

YMMV

RoadrunnerII

TV 2016 F250 Crew Sterling Gray SB 6.7 PS airlift ultimate Air bags
2017 Eagle 321RSTS
Pullrite autoslider
RoadrunnerII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2020, 08:54 AM   #3

Are you plugged into shore power? Could be a low battery since it takes more current to bring the slide in.
Old 05-24-2020, 05:49 PM   #4

No it’s not the swintech. But thank you for your detailed reply . I am plugged into shore power .
Old 05-24-2020, 06:37 PM   #5

Ok
Is it a flush floor as in it drops down when fully extended? Rails/tubes under slide right? Access under trailer should be on side opposite the slide. It may just need lube. I would pull the rubber seal under the slide back when slide is extended lube the rollers.
To lube the tubes/rails You can add an access by cutting a door in the coroplast cut 3 sides hinge to the front of trailer. Seal it back up with gorilla tape. Spray some lube on both rails and run it in and out a few times. Both the outside end at frame and inside end. Do a visual on the motor assembly while looking in there. Make sure there is nothing binding the rail assembly.

RoadrunnerII

2017 Eagle 321RSTS
Pullrite autoslider
Old 05-24-2020, 08:15 PM   #6

Thanks I appreciate your help . I will give your instructions a try . It’s such a blessing to have people helping people . I will do my best to pay it forward . ��
Old 05-25-2020, 05:36 AM   #7

No problem! That's what these forums are for! Everyone helping everyone! I had to lube the rails on ours not for binding but squealing everytime open or closing. Two cans of lube to wash all the grit out of the tubes. Now the only noise is the motor and the rubber sweeps. I made up rubber seals for around the tubes to keep the road grit out.

RoadrunnerII

2017 Eagle 321RSTS
Pullrite autoslider