Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-09-2016, 05:30 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtw View Post
I would think you would still have the same flex when unit isn't level.

What do you guys recommend if any to lube the worm drive slides
I don't think so jtw... As long as the unit is sitting on its axles the frame behind the axels is cantilevered just like it was at the factory whether the trailer is sloping from one side to the other or front to back. Once the ground control rear jacks lift then there is pressure on the frame that is overhanging the axels.
I know I can hear my trailer creak and groan when the back jacks lift.
And the farther back the jacks are the more the frame would flex
2017 F-350 Platinum CC SRW
klassic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2016, 05:55 PM   #22

I am gonna call Jayco. Mine does just like klassic's. When u auto level u can hear and if u look close u can see a small amount of flex. The Lippert under floor I would not think it would matter but the Schwintec it has to be the same as Jayco set it up. And that is the question I have seen on just about every site. All the canned answers r level first. Look in the Jayco book it says the same and also do not hold the button once slide stops. Now u r suppose to hold for five seconds or until u hear the motors sync. So spin the wheel and see it stops level or before level.
Rock
2016 Pinnacle FBTS Traded
Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2016, 08:41 PM   #23

I agree Rock & Klassic I also intend to call Jayco and get a definitive answer about the auto leveling after extending slides.I have 2 of the sch winter slides and one of the Lippert geared pipe slides.I have not had my unit out of the driveway yet,but before I do I would like to get Jayco's take onthis.
My driveway is level side to side but front to back is approx 4 in out,back end lower sure does creak and groan for me too
Lanced is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 04:11 AM   #24

I'm interested to hear what Jayco tells you, and hopefully it's the same thing we got through the dealer. We get the creaking and groaning too, but IIRC it doesn't matter whether the slides are opened or closed.

The problem we had was with the Schwintec on the big (kitchen) slide. The BR, also Schwintec, hasn't had any issues, nor has the curb side slide with the under-mount motor.
robkelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 07:20 AM   #25

I wonder too if the 6 point vs the 4 point makes a difference.
I've had no issues, but I've never been really out of level. Plus if I am I put boards under the low side first to get close.
They say the middle jacks of the 6 point don't do any lifting, they are just for stabilizing, but I can see the pressure they are still putting on the frame. So maybe after the back jacks have lifted the frame a little, then the middle jacks bring any flex back in check.

Your 4 point back jacks seems it could be flexing the frame all the way to the front.
2017 F-350 Platinum CC SRW
klassic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2016, 08:10 AM   #26

I called Jayco and here is the answer. We recommend to level first. But if it works better on your unit to open slides first than do that. Made it a point to say about ever dealer unit has open slides and no leveling
Rock
2016 Pinnacle FBTS Traded
Rock is offline   Reply With Quote