Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum
 


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 07-21-2018, 11:22 AM   #1
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 98
Slide type in the new 2019 Pinnacle?

So I still have at least a month and a half until my trailer is built. So almost every night I go thru what my wife calls 'trailer porn' Looking at trailers and trailer related sites. So last nights research was on slide out systems.

So last night I saw a video on the different types of slide system used on fifth wheels. I have on order a 2019 Jayco Pinnacle 36KPTS. BUT I can't find out what system is on this model. I see cable, Hydraulic, electric. rack and pinion. Schwintek, power gear slide out. slimrack. So what does my new 36KPTS actually come with?
So can anyone with this 5th wheel please inform me on what comes on it?
Thanks!
priv8pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 03:12 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
robkelly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Duxbury
Posts: 7,113
Don't know whether or not they changed anything for 2019 model year, but our 2018 has three different systems:

Bedroom - Schwintek
Kitchen - Slimrack
Living - not sure the correct name for it, but it's the traditional system mounted under the slide.

If it makes you feel any better, we have never had a problem with a Schwintek slide - our last 5er, which had a similar layout to the KPTS, also had them, including on the kitchen slide.
__________________
Rob & Kelly, Bella & Brady (Miniature Schnauzers)
2022 Eagle HT 28.5RSTS
2017 RAM 3500 SRW CTD/AISIN CC LB
robkelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2019, 05:38 PM   #3
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Santa Clarita
Posts: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by priv8pilot View Post
So I still have at least a month and a half until my trailer is built. So almost every night I go thru what my wife calls 'trailer porn' Looking at trailers and trailer related sites. So last nights research was on slide out systems.

So last night I saw a video on the different types of slide system used on fifth wheels. I have on order a 2019 Jayco Pinnacle 36KPTS. BUT I can't find out what system is on this model. I see cable, Hydraulic, electric. rack and pinion. Schwintek, power gear slide out. slimrack. So what does my new 36KPTS actually come with?
So can anyone with this 5th wheel please inform me on what comes on it?
Thanks!
I have been reading the posts on here regarding slide issues, looking to buy either a Seismic or Momentum (Grand design) toy hauler soon. I searched “Power Gear SlimRack system” on this forum and your post from last year came up. Talking to the sales rep at the Seismic dealer she informed me the Power Gear SlimRack system is what they use on the Seismics living room slide.
Wanted to know if you’ve had any problems with your large slideout and if you found out if this is the system on your rig.
Any other info on the overall build of your rig would be great... any other issues with the automatic, electric leveling system, cre suspension, happy with overall quality? Support or lack of support from Jayco regarding warranty work etc.

Thank you
Jsummit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2019, 09:00 PM   #4
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: North Pole
Posts: 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jsummit View Post
I have been reading the posts on here regarding slide issues, looking to buy either a Seismic or Momentum (Grand design) toy hauler soon. I searched “Power Gear SlimRack system” on this forum and your post from last year came up. Talking to the sales rep at the Seismic dealer she informed me the Power Gear SlimRack system is what they use on the Seismics living room slide.
Wanted to know if you’ve had any problems with your large slideout and if you found out if this is the system on your rig.
Any other info on the overall build of your rig would be great... any other issues with the automatic, electric leveling system, cre suspension, happy with overall quality? Support or lack of support from Jayco regarding warranty work etc.

Thank you
We looked at many different toy haulers before we decided to go back to a traditional fifth wheel. We had purchased a Venom by KZ RV which we loved (it was stolen!). We were not impressed with the quality of the Seismics or the layouts. We did like the Momentums but couldn't really find what we wanted. The Venom had spoiled us for sure. The Venom used the Schwintek system on all 4 slides and we never had an issue with them, even on the big living/kitchen slide.
artoo93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2019, 06:46 AM   #5
Senior Member
 
blujay40's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Michigan
Posts: 940
Quote:
Originally Posted by robkelly View Post

Bedroom - Schwintek
Kitchen - Slimrack
Living - not sure the correct name for it, but it's the traditional system mounted under the slide.
Just watched a video from Haylett RV ( https://youtu.be/YKiVUrYuiYg?t=1661) that shows the same setup for the 2019. Now with that being said, Jayco always has the option of making changes at any time, even in the middle of a model year so maybe a call to Jayco would be the best way to confirm.
__________________
2018 GMC Sierra 3500HD Denali 4WD LB SRW 6.6L Duramax
2017 Jayco Eagle 330RSTS
blujay40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Jayco, Inc. or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:54 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2002-2016 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.