Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-03-2017, 11:13 AM   #1

Slide upgrades

Been reading a 30 page thread on a class a forum that has been long running. Seems factory has been upgrading failed schwintec units with double upper tracks and 500 to 1 motors and steel drive shaft. What I have read is that there has not been a failure of any replaced or upgraded slides.

I have looked at forums that talk about the new track driven and there are some failures. Did Jayco do any upgrades on the 2017- 2018 models with schwintec?
I know it was mentioned here about a new Northpoint with that new flex rack (cannot remember the name) is that now on all 2018 big slides?
Rock
Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 11:27 AM   #2

I have a 2017 Eagle 293RKDS that came off the line 03/10/17. What can I look for to see if they are putting in the revised items? You'd think they would but you know how that goes. Lol

Earl
Mopar_Earl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 12:07 PM   #3

Earl
If u have a schwintec it will be hard to tell unless u have two upper tracks.
On mine I cannot see the motor or shaft but I do know mine is 300 to 1 with alumn shaft. I got mine begining Nov 2015. It was late 2015 when the steel shaft and 500 to 1 motors came out.

Than the double upper track was added to support more weight on big slides.

U would have to call Jayco or pull back a top seal and see if u can read motor part number. U might be able to lift outside seal and use a pencil magnet if u can see the vertical shaft. The mounts to the Rv wall are steel so might be hard to tell.

I thought my slide was slow my neighbors class c takes forever with the high tq 500 motors
Rock
Old 05-03-2017, 01:08 PM   #4

My 2016 goes under the knife on 05/08 to have the Schwintec kitchen slide fixed.
The track on the front side of the slide is chewed up and the motor pops awful when trying to move the slide. Luck would have it, the mechanism failed in my driveway, not out camping. I have to try to get the slide in this evening to deliver to the dealer Friday. My unit was built 03/16.

Hope they can get it fixed. They think when the supports under the slide failed it may have put stress on the assembly that is now showing up,. Will be interesting to see what they do to fix it.
Old 05-03-2017, 01:13 PM   #5

My schwintec is a bed slide. It has single track in on the bottom and a single track on the upper. My main slide is old school electric.

Earl
Old 05-03-2017, 04:40 PM   #6

Earl
Ya ur bedroom is like mine and will never be a problem cause is so lite. My curb side is electric underside but my big ass kitchen slide is just like ur bedroom. Just talked with factory and they still use the older schwintec and are just starting to use the new flex track on some.
Rock
2016 Pinnacle FBTS Traded
Old 05-03-2017, 06:47 PM   #7

I like my bed slide better than my old school electric main slide. The main slide, man does it struggle and slow. Miss my hydros. My first electric slide trailer.

Earl