Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-23-2012, 07:25 PM   #11
Site Team

Schwintek in wall slide system

Is this: the video? If so it does have a light indicator to point you in the right direction.

Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try:Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
"It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled." - Mark Twain
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 09:26 AM   #12

I looked at the light indicator and it flashed red eight times. Talked to the tech yesterday and he had no idea what I was talking about. Hasn't worked on this type of slide system yet. Supposed to call me back yesterday after I sent the video to them, but no call. Will try to reach them today. If they don't have the capability to fix this, maybe the RV place closer to home can do it, although don't know if they can work on this system either.

jal0710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 08:27 PM   #13

Our new (on order, due April 27) 321RLTS has the same Shwinteck Slide System on the bedroom, so your problem peeked my interest and I spent a few minutes looking for info on how they work. I found out that it is made by Lippert and there is a site with the manual that might help out. It's called "Inwell Owners Manual" and the www is lancecamper.com. Fill yer boots!
4" Magnaflow, Banks Air Intake
Firestone Ride Rite Air Springs
DMRGMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 10:13 PM   #14

DMRGMC, thanks for the link. It's only a four page manual, but one of the things it says, is to unplug the motors and the slide should be able to be pushed in. Will try that tomorrow and see what happens.
Old 03-25-2012, 03:20 PM   #15

We finally got our slide to go back in. We tried unplugging the motors at the control box, but still couldn't get the slide to move. Then we tried working the motors out following the instructions in a video and nothing would move. So DW was standing on a ladder with a flashlight and said, "the motor is right here and not as far back as we thought". Well, we just pulled back the rubber protection and you could see the square base of the motor. Jiggled the slide a bit to free up the motor and we were able to push it in, only had to climb up one more time to get the motors up again. Got it in, sawed a couple of 2X4s for a lock inside and, someday, we will be going to the dealer or somewhere to get this thing synchronized so we can use it again. When we took the screw out that held the motor in, nothing would move like shown in the video because it was all caulked in and very solid, but the rubber was able to be pulled out so you see inside just enough. DMRGMC, hope this doesn't happen to you, but if so, it can be taken care of with enough tenacity by the DW, if not you.
Old 03-25-2012, 04:37 PM   #16

jal0710 it's good that you worked it out. It doesn't always go as they show on you tube, specially when they are using a model (or reasonable facsimile) without a gasket and weatherstrip in the way and poor lighting, teetering on the ladder.
After the initial panic dissipates and logic prevails, you can savor the accomplishment. Then, next challenge please!

4" Magnaflow, Banks Air Intake
Firestone Ride Rite Air Springs
DMRGMC is offline   Reply With Quote