Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-23-2019, 04:05 PM   #1

Smile Slideout Side Wiper Seal

Just curious if anyone has replaced their slide out side wiper seal themselves...mine is ripped from the bottom up about 12" on the outside wall... I would like to replace the whole seal its a one piece deal... any help or recommendations would be much appreciated... Thanks
Tanker Yanker 43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2019, 06:07 PM   #2

I have glued tears with super glue.
hyperactive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2019, 07:18 AM   #3

Well I might just try that... I have some Titebond thick instant glue with some spray activator ... may work. I'll try it on a small 12" sample piece first... let you know how it works out... thanks for the suggestion.
Old 08-24-2019, 08:11 AM   #4

I used a loctite brand instant adhesive made for O rings and rubber it comes in a small tube. Just apply it the one side and sick the other side back together and it is instant !!! Make sure you have it aligned up correctly because it will not come back apart.
hyperactive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2019, 11:49 AM   #5

Well just realized this is going to be next to impossible to repair.... the wiper is torn away at its base from the main body of the seal... the whole seal will have to be removed ,repaired then re-installed... I think I'll be better off just ordering a new seal and doing it that way... at least I won't be wondering if my repair job will hold...waddya think???
Old 08-24-2019, 11:51 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanker Yanker 43 View Post
Well just realized this is going to be next to impossible to repair.... the wiper is torn away at its base from the main body of the seal... the whole seal will have to be removed ,repaired then re-installed... I think I'll be better off just ordering a new seal and doing it that way... at least I won't be wondering if my repair job will hold...waddya think???
Smart move!
2017 RAM 3500 DRW DIESEL/AISIN 4.10 AIR BAGS
B&W COMPANION TURN OVER BALL HITCH
Formerly from Sequim, WA
AKRUEBBE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2019, 02:41 PM   #7

Yeah...I guess great minds think alike... I'll post my results when I get it done , probably be a few weeks... Thanks for y'alls input.
Old 08-24-2019, 06:29 PM   #8

I am looking to replace my bedroom seal as well. Came from the factory with an excess of adhesive and damaged the seal the first time we opened the slide. As expected, the dealer couldn't (wouldn't) repair it, so we have lived with a faulty seal for many years now and need to get the seal replaced. Anybody ever find a repair facility capable of properly replacing slide seals, even better if located in Alberta Canada region? Any help would be hugely appreciated. Thanks everyone.
Bobnalong is offline   Reply With Quote