Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-16-2020, 09:05 PM   #1

Slider having a hard time

Hey friends, is me again....
Yeah, my fifth wheel is a 2020mEagle 319MLOK
I'm having a hard time opening my slider #3 (Kitchen/entertainer center)
It's working so hard to open the slider, that I thing that the motor is going to quick. Is this normal? It's going 1/2 way and stop. I try again and it completed the job. Also, it needs an adjustment. I have a gap between the wall and the slider. Is this something easy to adjust?
I called the dealer, and they gave me an appointment 2 weeks from now :-(
Hman0109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2020, 10:18 PM   #2

Have you checked for binding while someone opens it?
Old 02-17-2020, 05:45 AM   #3

2 weeks is pretty good ! I know that doesn’t help you with your problem, but you’ll find dealership service is nothing at all like a car dealer’s.

On the sidelines taking it all in.

Jopopsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2020, 06:50 AM   #4

You should be plugged into a power source or using your generator before opening or closing the slides. Is that the case or are you just running the slides off your battery?
Route 66 Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2020, 06:52 AM   #5
Site Team

If its out of adjustment it could be binding.
Crabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2020, 07:33 AM   #6

I had a similar problem with my 336 FBOK. I put some rubber seal conditioner and protector on the rubber seals (both slides of the seal) and it slides much easier now. The slide was getting hung up and would actually stop half way through going in.

Karl
2020 Eagle 336 FBOK
2020 GMC 3500 AT4 Duramax
Ocean View, DE
Kkjayco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2020, 10:23 AM   #7

I did it both ways. It is the same!
Old 02-28-2020, 10:02 AM   #8

I just had mine in the shop - had issues with bedroom slide. I couldn't get it to sync following the instructions. Turns out a motor was burned out. Replaced under warranty.
Old 02-28-2020, 06:44 PM   #9

Back from the dealer

Well, according to the tech who worked on my Eagle, they replaced the slide controller. But, yes but.....when I was testing the slider in front of him, the slider seems to be working hard. He said, that is because Zayco and Lippert decided to use a small motor that rotates slow to save amps. Really?
Also, he said that this slider (kitchen/pantry/entertaining center), since it's the heavier, you can't opened it 1/2 way. Again, really? You are supposed to press the bottom all the way until the slider is all the way open or close and hold the bottom down until the slider adjust all the way. During my test, the slider made adjustments at the end of the circle like he said.
At this point, I'm going to check it out during my next camping trip or play with it at the storage place.
Any comments are welcome.
Thanks
H-Man
Old 02-29-2020, 10:12 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hman0109 View Post
Well, according to the tech who worked on my Eagle, they replaced the slide controller. But, yes but.....when I was testing the slider in front of him, the slider seems to be working hard. He said, that is because Zayco and Lippert decided to use a small motor that rotates slow to save amps. Really?
Also, he said that this slider (kitchen/pantry/entertaining center), since it's the heavier, you can't opened it 1/2 way. Again, really? You are supposed to press the bottom all the way until the slider is all the way open or close and hold the bottom down until the slider adjust all the way. During my test, the slider made adjustments at the end of the circle like he said.
At this point, I'm going to check it out during my next camping trip or play with it at the storage place.
Any comments are welcome.
Thanks
H-Man
Is it a Slim-rack or Schwintech? Slim-rack doesn't have a sync feature on them.
2017 RAM 3500 DRW DIESEL/AISIN 4.10 AIR BAGS
B&W COMPANION TURN OVER BALL HITCH
Formerly from Sequim, WA
AKRUEBBE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2020, 10:09 AM   #11

Schwintech!
Old 03-01-2020, 11:02 AM   #12

My wife has a 28.5 HT Eagle and on our dining side slider the hole in the trailer wall that the slider goes in and out of is out of square. The slide goes out from the bottom and binds at the top. I put it out 1 foot or so and push out on the top slide fascia to get the slide perpendicular. One push and the slide works like it should. It'd be a major job to correct and simple to give it a push. I would imagine JAYCO made more than one wall with this issue.
bstuck69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2020, 01:14 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hman0109 View Post
Hey friends, is me again....
Yeah, my fifth wheel is a 2020mEagle 319MLOK
I'm having a hard time opening my slider #3 (Kitchen/entertainer center)
It's working so hard to open the slider, that I thing that the motor is going to quick. Is this normal? It's going 1/2 way and stop. I try again and it completed the job. Also, it needs an adjustment. I have a gap between the wall and the slider. Is this something easy to adjust?
I called the dealer, and they gave me an appointment 2 weeks from now :-(

Same rig. Kitchen slide failed to open on our very first trip out. It didn’t sound great during the PDI but I fell for the “it’s just because it’s new” line. Assuming you’ve checked for anything physically stopping the slide, construction debris under the rollers etc. and your slide is moving straight and not crooked....try this. I fixed mine by finding the controller in the basement. Try running the slide in and out manually. If it completes travel in both directions successfully, locate the stall control adjustment (you may have to poke through a sticker or take the top off of the controller) and increase the force very gradually and see if you can make it go all the way in on it’s own (no manual override).
Be careful, increase it too much and you can cause damage. I adjusted mine just enough to make it complete it’s travel. After running it in and out several times I was able to turn the stall force adjustment back down. Again...only works if your slide is moving evenly. Don’t attempt this on a crooked slide.
icr21801 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2020, 01:31 PM   #14

Slider having a hard time

We have a class c and instructions is do not run slider part way, always all out and all in then hold button for 3 to 5 seconds so motors stay in sink. Also one that i have forgotten on occasion is unit must be totally level...
cherv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2020, 01:58 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherv View Post
We have a class c and instructions is do not run slider part way, always all out and all in then hold button for 3 to 5 seconds so motors stay in sink. Also one that i have forgotten on occasion is unit must be totally level...
Yes, according to the tech, you can not stop the slider 1/2 way because Schwintech system needs to adjust (count the turns). ??? Everything is controlled by the "controller" which is like a "brain". I guess it becomes too complicated these days.
Old 03-04-2020, 02:01 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by icr21801 View Post
Same rig. Kitchen slide failed to open on our very first trip out. It didn’t sound great during the PDI but I fell for the “it’s just because it’s new” line. Assuming you’ve checked for anything physically stopping the slide, construction debris under the rollers etc. and your slide is moving straight and not crooked....try this. I fixed mine by finding the controller in the basement. Try running the slide in and out manually. If it completes travel in both directions successfully, locate the stall control adjustment (you may have to poke through a sticker or take the top off of the controller) and increase the force very gradually and see if you can make it go all the way in on it’s own (no manual override).
Be careful, increase it too much and you can cause damage. I adjusted mine just enough to make it complete it’s travel. After running it in and out several times I was able to turn the stall force adjustment back down. Again...only works if your slide is moving evenly. Don’t attempt this on a crooked slide.
When you say: Run the slide in and out manually; how did you do that?
Old 03-04-2020, 03:39 PM   #17

I have a 2019 319MLOK with the same problem. The bedroom slide quit working when the unit was only 6 months old and the dealer replaced the wiring harness. Because the kitchen slide is so large my guess is the Schwintek motors are undersized and the slightest difference between motors causes the slide to malfunction. Based on the size of the motor wiring, I'm guessing #18 gauge or smaller, it confirms the motors draw very little current which would confirm the limited capacity of the motors. Resynching the motors and swapping the controller did not help the problem. Waiting on getting mine back to the dealer but very curious to see what your problem ends up being. Jayco should have used the same slide type as the dinette side of the RV and we wouldn't be having these problems.
GSparks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2020, 04:27 PM   #18

Oh Noooooo! I told the technician the same thing. Why Jayco didn't use the same system that the one from the dinette? Please keep me posted. Thanks
Old 03-04-2020, 09:11 PM   #19

Slides

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSparks View Post
I have a 2019 319MLOK with the same problem. The bedroom slide quit working when the unit was only 6 months old and the dealer replaced the wiring harness. Because the kitchen slide is so large my guess is the Schwintek motors are undersized and the slightest difference between motors causes the slide to malfunction. Based on the size of the motor wiring, I'm guessing #18 gauge or smaller, it confirms the motors draw very little current which would confirm the limited capacity of the motors. Resynching the motors and swapping the controller did not help the problem. Waiting on getting mine back to the dealer but very curious to see what your problem ends up being. Jayco should have used the same slide type as the dinette side of the RV and we wouldn't be having these problems.
Have identical RV and you need to extend and retract any slide plugged into shore power. Try it it works. Why do I know this??
JimM86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2020, 10:05 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimM86 View Post
Have identical RV and you need to extend and retract any slide plugged into shore power. Try it it works. Why do I know this??
This is completely untrue. Most of our camping is in the complete absence of AC power, ever.
madmaxmutt is offline   Reply With Quote