Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-08-2022, 09:26 AM   #1

Slides

We are on a road trip to Nashville and it’s the first time out with our new 317RLOK. So far we have discovered. That unless we put the landing gear down a bit we can’t put slides out. As we are just stopping at Walmarts on the way. This is annoying. And no we don’t leave our slides out at places like Walmart. Just sometimes need to grab stuff that I can’t get to.
DebGot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2022, 10:19 AM   #2

Most likely the manufacturer recommends that the camper be level before putting the slides out.
Old 05-09-2022, 08:11 AM   #3

It’s a built in safety feature so that you can’t accidentally open the slides while moving. If you unplug from your tow vehicle things will work normally after the first moving of your jacks. So unfortunately you will have to activate your jacks at each stop to tell the camper you are not moving. On ours, If I was boondocking for more than one night and not unhooking, and didn’t unplug the truck, I could activate the jacks for moving the slides, but then later when I wanted to start the generator I would have to go outside to the leveling panel and just bump the jacks and then could use the start feature for the generator. Confused, I learned from Jayco about this safety feature and if I unplugged the truck, once I touched the jacks panel, then everything would work until I plugged the truck back in. I had to unplug the truck, because even using the trucks remote to lock it would flash all the park lights and that would reset the safety feature so all was disabled until I would go back outside to the Jack panel and bump any Jack to reset the system. Was a real pain until I got it figured out. Confusing, I know but once you get onto how it works it’s easy to get along with.
Randyman69357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2022, 09:34 AM   #4

Thanks. That’s great information. You are right bit of a pain but I guess necessaryv
DebGot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2022, 11:25 AM   #5

I can understand the reasoning of not moving in a motorhome but not likely anyone would be in a 5th wheel moving and putting out the slide. Some motorhome, the slides will not work if the emergency brake is not on or the key is in the ignition. They want the jacks down in the 5th wheel to support the frame so the slide out is kept square and works properly.
Old 05-10-2022, 07:24 AM   #6

On our Pinnacle we have the BMPRO remote system that can be operated from your phone as well as the control panel. They didn’t want you to accidentally be able to move the slides or the landing gear or start the generator while in transit. That is why it senses the tow vehicle connection and disables all those features until you physically use the leveling Jack control panel to let the system know you have stopped and want those features to work again.
Randyman69357 is offline   Reply With Quote