Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-08-2020, 10:41 AM   #1

Slow drain on 2019 fbts36 grey 1

I have observed that our new Pinnacle (3 months old) grey 1 tank drains much slower than grey 2. To the tune of up to 10 minutes to drain and no rush of water when the plunger is pulled. All other drains empty as expected. We’ve only been camping in it for 3 weeks. Wouldn’t seem long enough for hair to clog up the works. Any suggestions appreciated.
Prybar-in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2020, 10:47 AM   #2

Our Eagle is the same way.
The kitchen sink tank has a 1-11/2 inch drain The other tanks are all 3 inch I believe.
That's why I was told it drains so slow by our dealer service

RoadrunnerII

TV 2016 F250 Crew Sterling Gray SB 6.7 PS airlift ultimate Air bags
2017 Eagle 321RSTS
Pullrite autoslider
RoadrunnerII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2020, 10:47 AM   #3

Get up on the roof and make sure the vent is not plugged. In the past the cut-out / plug for the vent has just been dropped down into the vent. Try a camera. Use your warranty
Jeffur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2020, 10:48 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prybar-in View Post
I have observed that our new Pinnacle (3 months old) grey 1 tank drains much slower than grey 2. To the tune of up to 10 minutes to drain and no rush of water when the plunger is pulled. All other drains empty as expected. We’ve only been camping in it for 3 weeks. Wouldn’t seem long enough for hair to clog up the works. Any suggestions appreciated.
Our grey #1 which is the bathroom tank drains slowly also. There must be several bends in that pipe.......that's all I can figure. Tank #2, the kitchen tank, drains twice as fast.
2017 RAM 3500 DRW DIESEL/AISIN 4.10 AIR BAGS
B&W COMPANION TURN OVER BALL HITCH
Formerly from Sequim, WA
AKRUEBBE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2020, 09:16 PM   #5

Mine does that on gray one. That valve was replaced and looking at valve (basement wall removed) the cable is installed in valve where it does not fully open it. U have to cut the bottom to get to gray two valve. Where ur plumbing goes up thru the bottom my valve is between that and the frame rail. I would just live with it as is. If u ever have to cut thru bottom do not cut a square, cut three sides and pull it down. Way easier to reclose and seal. Had a leak where pipe goes into gray two tank.
Rock
2016 Pinnacle FBTS Traded
Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2020, 09:29 PM   #6

Our grey 1 tank is for our shower and vanity sink. I opened the valve(s) and used a leaf blower from the outlet side blowing back into the tank. I had the wife on the leaf blower while I was on the roof to make sure the vent was flowing. I could out that the vent on the roof is for both my grey 1 tank and my black tank. The black tank never had any issues flowing, so it was not the vent. I also made sure my valve gate for my grey was opening fully. Blowing air back into the tank seemed to help. Maybe something was in there restricting it, I dont know but it seems better now.
Old 01-09-2020, 10:00 PM   #7

My last trailer had a slow grey tank, which I suffered with for over a year before I figured it out. It would take 30 minutes to drain 15 gallons of water. Turns out when they drilled the hole in the tank for the plumbing they left the cutout in the tank, which found its way into the discharge pipe. So instead of 1 1/2 inch pipe it was reduced to about 3/4 of an inch. Ended up putting a long piece of wire into the pipe and finally snagged it and pulled it out...with about 10 gallons of rapidly gushing water. Problem solved.
Route 66 Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote