Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Closed Thread

Old 08-10-2022, 06:42 PM   #1

Angry So frustrated!

We bought a brand new 2018 Eagle HT. The fifth wheel has spent more time in the shop than we have been able to use it. The toilet has leaked since our first camping trip. It is currently in the shop for the fourth time to get that repaired. The fifth wheel went in for repairs in May and we have not seen it since. We have missed a whole summer of camping because Jayco AUTHORIZED dealer can't seem to pull it together. Jayco should do a better job of vetting their AUTHORIZED facilities. Here is the kicker, while the fifth wheel was at the repair facility, our warranty expired. Jayco is refusing to make the repairs under warranty because it has expired. WHT!? It was at the shop BEFORE the warranty expired. Not our issue that they didn't contact Jayco until after the warranty expired. I think in the two years we have owned the trailer, we have been able to use it maybe a full 30 days. And yet, we continue to make payments on the piece of crap, insure and register it. We will never recommend a Jayco mostly because they don't stand by their products.
Old 08-10-2022, 06:47 PM   #2

Even a $ 1.3 million dollar Prevost diesel bus RV has problems. If you own a any type RV you must be a handyman when it comes to repairs,,or you will Never get to use it…..
Old 08-10-2022, 06:54 PM   #3

This is not our first RV. We have owned trailers/fifth wheels for over 30 years. This is the first one we bought new and figured we could at least get the repairs done under warranty before we had to start making them ourselves. We already made repairs ourselves because we didn't want to take it back to the shop.

Agreed. Being an RV owner requires you to be handyman/repair person. We have made a lot of RV repairs and rebuilds in our lifetime.
Old 08-10-2022, 06:59 PM   #4

Sounds like you need a whole new dealer. Sounds like your current one is total crap
Old 08-10-2022, 07:02 PM   #5

This is dealer #2. The warranty is expired so I am sure we will be making repairs ourselves. At least we know they will get done in a timely manner. We will also continue to look for a more responsive one. Thanks.
Old 08-10-2022, 07:27 PM   #6

As adsfhjq you definitely have a dealer(s) issue. If they didn't document the issues and send them to JAYCO prior to the warranty expiring how does JAYCO know there was a problem?
Old 08-11-2022, 07:12 AM   #7

Is the toilet leak the only thing presently holding it up at the dealer? If so go pick it up and fix the toilet yourself, it is probably an easy repair. Why can't the dealer fix it properly? Is it the dealer you purchased the RV from?

I feel for you in your frustration, it sounds like you have had way more than your share of issues with the camper. That is ridiculous. I hope you get this sorted out, if not I would sell the RV and move on.
Old 08-11-2022, 07:24 AM   #8

I know it's under warranty, I get it. But sometimes, it's more efficient and quicker to fix small stuff yourself that you're able to do, rather than to run it into the shop. Unless of course it's something you can't do or costs a fortune. Unless it's structural or major electrical, I do it myself. It has saved my summer's more than once. Jayco is not the blame for the warranty issue, the shop it's sitting at is. It's their job to write it up and submit warranty approval in a timely manner. It seems the problem lies with the shop, not Jayco.
W/Air Lift air bags (front & rear)
Equal-I-Zer™ WDH & B&W Companion
Old 08-11-2022, 07:49 AM   #9

Sorry to hear this that's got to be infuriating. Unfortunately we've always been in a mostly unfair world but lately it's gotten much worse is many areas. Customer service I believe is leading the pack.

I'm not a big fan of insurance because it's a gamble and I'm not much of a gambling man. But your RV sounds like a good candidate for an extended warranty policy. I had a quote from Good Sam for about $580/year for our 2021 Jay Flight 33RBTS. I'm sure yours would be more but probably not too much. The one thing that almost made me pull the trigger with Good Sam is I can use whatever repair service I want (even a mobile service) and it doesn't affect coverage.
2016 Ram 2500 CC SWB 6.4 Hemi 3:73
2021 Jay Flight 33RBTS- +/- 10,500 lbs. on travel day
Hughes Power Watchdog Bluetooth surge protector
Old 08-11-2022, 08:03 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry713 View Post
Sorry to hear this that's got to be infuriating. Unfortunately we've always been in a mostly unfair world but lately it's gotten much worse is many areas. Customer service I believe is leading the pack.

I'm not a big fan of insurance because it's a gamble and I'm not much of a gambling man. But your RV sounds like a good candidate for an extended warranty policy. I had a quote from Good Sam for about $580/year for our 2021 Jay Flight 33RBTS. I'm sure yours would be more but probably not too much. The one thing that almost made me pull the trigger with Good Sam is I can use whatever repair service I want (even a mobile service) and it doesn't affect coverage.
I second this recommendation. We paid $2700 for a five year American Guardian extended warranty with $100 deductible. I've already used it twice, once for a slide motor replacement and a blown tire (no deductible). Just depends if you think you'll hang onto it a while.
Old 08-11-2022, 08:05 AM   #11

In the San Francisco Bay Area they have consumer people on the TV Chanel’s to intervene on your behalf to settle a dispute on your behalf. The dealer and manufacture don’t like the bad press worth a shot. This might be a good story for a tv reporter to expose these problems with the quality in the RV industry. They will probably blame it on Covid. Good luck
2018 Lexus GX 460
Echo Brake Controller
Old 08-11-2022, 09:31 AM   #12

my experience with RV Warranty repair proved to be a fruitless endeavor. The RV Dealer service centers know that brining an RV to their dealership for warranty repairs is not an easy and cheap task to the RV owner. They will do minimal if anything, send you on your way banking you will not return because of cost and hassles. They also will let an RV sit on their lots for weeks hoping the owners will throw the towel in and retrieve their RV.. Just read among the various forums out there.. This game is their biggest trick in the book.. And unlike new car protections the RV industry has few laws to protect the consumers. I cant count how many disputes i've had with my dealership, but i can tell you they don't like it when you write to Consumer Affairs about their practice.. Do not hesitate to go online to Consumer Affairs and log your complaints with them, this will get a little bit of traction on getting your dealerships attention
Old 08-11-2022, 01:30 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirkelli View Post
my experience with RV Warranty repair proved to be a fruitless endeavor. The RV Dealer service centers know that brining an RV to their dealership for warranty repairs is not an easy and cheap task to the RV owner. They will do minimal if anything, send you on your way banking you will not return because of cost and hassles. They also will let an RV sit on their lots for weeks hoping the owners will throw the towel in and retrieve their RV.. Just read among the various forums out there.. This game is their biggest trick in the book.. And unlike new car protections the RV industry has few laws to protect the consumers. I cant count how many disputes i've had with my dealership, but i can tell you they don't like it when you write to Consumer Affairs about their practice.. Do not hesitate to go online to Consumer Affairs and log your complaints with them, this will get a little bit of traction on getting your dealerships attention
I hear ya that's why I don't use RV dealers for repairs unless it's my only option. Mobile RV techs have a better reputation for making proper repairs primarily because many of them rely on word of mouth and are independently owned/operated. Also with a mobile RV service you don't have to take the RV anywhere and you don't have to go months with the RV sitting at the dealership. Wait times are almost always less for repairs than a dealer unless necessary parts are backordered.
2016 Ram 2500 CC SWB 6.4 Hemi 3:73
2021 Jay Flight 33RBTS- +/- 10,500 lbs. on travel day
Hughes Power Watchdog Bluetooth surge protector
Closed Thread