Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-12-2011, 09:12 PM   #11

I'm of the same opinion, just got a 32bhds at the begining of summer and while the products used in the TT are nice, the quality in which they were installed lacks any sort of proffesional instalation!!!!!!

LarryG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 04:24 PM   #12

Sorry to hear that your having problems with your new Jayco. We bought ours almost two years ago. We have had some problems but the dealer has always done there best to fix all issues. I always e-mail the dealer a list to the dealer and print another list to give to the dealer.

We have given our Jayco the acid test as we have put 11,000 miles on our unit.
Good Luck with your repairs and stay on your dealer Call Jayco tech if the repairs don't get done.

Wayne

Http://yogi154.blogspot.com/
yogi154 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 08:09 PM   #13

I don't have any complaints about Jayco's response or my dealers, everything that I have brought to their attention has been handled 100%, I elected to repair the other items without them due to convenience. My dealer is a little over 1 hour away. Take the landing gear snap pins. It would have likely taken 3 hours to get repaired at the dealer, to do it myself was 5 minutes. The point of this was just the overall build quality, not the response of the dealer or Jayco which has been more than fair.
Streamline your A/C
nylyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 07:52 PM   #14

I too have had issues with trim pieces being loose and falling off and the fabric on the couch was stretched too tight and started to rip; Jayco has fixed these issues through our dealer, other than that no major issues.
Old 07-16-2011, 06:07 AM   #15

I think that at this point the trailer is certainly usable. I'm going to make a list, then bring to the dealer to get the remaining items addressed. As of this point it's a short list which is good.
Streamline your A/C
Old 08-18-2011, 09:45 AM   #16

DITTO!! our 2010 365 BHS has had major AC issues, leaking windows, fridge died, cabinets falling apart, O2 sensor flaking out, entertainment system failed twice now, mattress sags, i am worried about towing it back home 400 miles for fear something else will happen. time will tell. i am anxious to hear how the dealer responds.
BigDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 09:53 AM   #17

During our last trip, it was the first time we had no issues, so I hope that everything is good!
Streamline your A/C
Old 08-21-2011, 11:44 PM   #18

I'd convinced my folks to buy a Jayco, which they did. After two trips out they were so disappointed they traded up to an Evergreen RV. You want to talk top-quality, take a look at that brand!

For me, there's been issues with my unit, no question. Design seems fine, but the quality of the build is questionable - but you get what you pay for, I suppose.... and to be fair, I think many of the "average" RV's out there are built on the cheap - and I still think comparatively Jayco is somewhat above the rest. Now, that being said, if I could afford it I'd dump my unit quick for an Evergreen!

2010 JayFeather 23K
05 GMC Envoy XL
McMonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 11:52 PM   #19

Very disappointed the end of last week,,, after finding the layout model with features we liked, a 2012 Eagle superlite 314BDS with outdoor kitchen, thermal windows, glacier package, 15K AC, Power tongue jack ,,Air Bed..etc. MSRP over 36K that was just delivered to PA dealer lot from Jayco I believe 2weeks earlier I think I was told..We wanted to see in person. So, we took a 4 hr ride each way to see the trailer we were looking to buy, now have second thoughts. To start, first, I saw bunk room slide trim's interior wood stain was flaking and pealing off not big deal.. Then looking at the floor around the wraparound diner style table,, I saw some slight offset color or stain in the slide-out rug.. I went to examine the feature///extend the seat pull out ..and noticed the wood and finish was very brittle/....my fingers nearly went through it.. It had been damaged from water.. we looked under the seat cushion area....and all the wood area.. was GREEN with mold and more damage. Who would think something in this day and age would lack this much quality control. The salesman took it up with service manager...to point out this major flaw... I do not know what they are going to do... Floor might be rotted out as well? Replace the slide? I too, thought Jayco meant a Quality product... What steps are they taking, if any to prevent these problems. I certainly do not want to have to go through back and forth repairs when I purchase. I think this would have been obvious for a trained professional to see this issue. I will more than likely be going to the Hershey, PA show...and hope to see , and discuss what I observed with a Jayco factory Rep. Also will let them know how we wasted our time. (well at least we got to see the layout,,and the thermal window options,,,and trailer in person). Is there any guide// like a consumer's report for trailers ...long term ownership test...customer satisfaction ratings etc.??
MegaWonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 05:37 PM   #20

Hey Mega - first of all - welcome to the forum. I hate that you started out with such a bad experience. I know Jayco has problems here and there, just like any manufacturer, but that does not sound good. Having mold already in a 2012 is also surprising.

As far as a guide, there are magazines like Trailer Life - but I find these forums are the best to find out real world experience.

Good luck and I hope you find something that works for you - hopefully a Jayco.

2009 JayFlight Manual Library

Want to add a signature to your posts? --> Click Here
Terry is offline   Reply With Quote