Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-03-2021, 07:44 PM   #1

Solar Help

Hello, new to solar and not sure what to expect. Our new 2022 28.5 RSTS came with solar installed and the dealer installed a standard deep cycle battery. We had the trailer for a couple weeks and the solar seemed to be keeping the battery charged. I replaced the wet cell battery with a battle born 100 ah battery, when I installed the battery it was showing 13.3 volts. Had to leave town for a couple weeks and checked the new battery to see how it was holding up... down to 10.8 volts! In the bmpro panel I set the solar controller to 100 ah and lithium battery, I also set the converter to lithium. The battery disconnect was off and it was mostly sunny those 2 weeks. I have yet to find where the solar controller is installed, any help with that would be appreciated also... the manual says it has status lights on it that will tell me what it's doing. Sorry for the long post! Hope to get this figured out with your help, don't want to wait weeks for the dealer to look at it. Thank you!
Atcla is offline   Reply With Quote