Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 12-02-2023, 01:02 PM   #1

Solar panel outlet question

We own a 2021 Jayco HT fifth wheel. I recently discovered a solar connection (labeled) outlet on the outside panel were all of the utilities are connected. This outlet is a live 12 volt outlet. Does anyone know if this can be used for other things like running my macerator pump? I don't know if there are electronics inside the trailer that make this unique to a solar panel of if it is simply a hot line that can be used for anything. If you know the answer to this question please comment. If you are simply speculating, then your opinion won't really be helpful. Thanks!
lsugarbaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2023, 05:43 PM   #2

Just trying to be helpful here, but unfortunately without actually looking at it and seeing how it's assembled at the factory, all you will get is speculation! Our 2020 pinnacle has the solar on the side, SAE type plug in it's wet bay, but it was not connected at the factory, just loose wires hanging behind a service panel. No solar controller is included, usually a solar side panel has it's own controller. Look for a label similar to the one I posted, it will tell you the auto reset breaker amp rating. The label may be behind a close out panel. Likely it's 20A, which is what most of the 2 pin SAE connectors are rated at. Absolutely no reason why you can't run accessories off of it as long as it's connected properly, you verify the polarity, and the desired load is within your 5er's auto reset breaker's capacity.
Attached Thumbnails
Front Compartment Wiring Diagram.jpg  
TS3 Hitch
Ms says I'm full of useless knowledge and other stuff...
ARoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2023, 04:00 PM   #3

Thank you for the advice! That is pretty much where I am at. My main concern is that it may be wired into the control panel in such a way that it would be incompatible for other uses. My next step will be to dive into the panel and figure out where the wire is connected.
lsugarbaker is offline   Reply With Quote