Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-05-2021, 02:27 PM   #1

Solved - kitchen slide (slimrack)

2020 Jayco Pinnacle 32RLTS
Problem: Extended kitchen slide - all good
Tried to retract - slide only worked with motor 2 (forward motor). Stopped. Extended slide to make even and tried to retract again, nogo - stopped. Pushed in on rear slide and kept trying to retract but could only go about 4 inches at a time (push rear then retract with motor 2). Called Lippert, unconnected controller (one without reset button - 697096 - power connector and motor connectors to reset. was getting 1 green and 4 red flashes - bad motor) other controller works great for bedroom (has the rest button which resets both controllers). Tried to extend after connecting all connectors and power to controller. Slide now works with both motors (I know - weird), but only starting and stopping every 4 inches. Long story short - MOTOR 1 (P/N 364262) determined to be at fault after testing continuity on all wires in harness - excellent)
REMOVED motor 1 (rear slide motor) for P/N identity. Took motor and controller home for pics to Lippert. Removed heat shrink from end of motor and was going to perform an encoder test. Inspected wires and small connector to encoder on end of motor. Removed small 4 wire connector to encoder on end of motor and discovered a broken pin in the male connector and the pin was still in the female connector side. See ALL pics attached. LOOK VERY CLOSELY.
NEW MOTOR ON THE WAY FROM LIPPERT. To prevent this from happening again I will remove heat shrink to reduce stress on wires and connector and re-tape with electrical tape. I will need to do this on motor 2 as well before it fails. Yes, motor is under warranty, but I will still need to modify. Possible recall situation. Motor was not getting or sending any HALL signals to from encoder to controller thus causing the motor to trip out (stop) to prevent a motor burnup.
Earliest service for warranty would be October - NOT WAITING. Lippert will send motor and I will install for a happy summer. ENJOY!
Attached Thumbnails
MotorEncoderPins.jpg   MotorEncoderConnector.jpg   Slide8Motor6.jpg   Slide1.jpg  
Edutron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2021, 11:56 AM   #2

Update: Lippert has sent a new motor. The cap (end of motor) is removed easily by 3 plastic snaps (2 inch heat shrink removed). If you look at the PC board connector, all I have to do is solder a small wire on the far left pin and splice it to the red wire bypassing the severed pin. Now I have a spare slide motor and these babies are expensive since they have the encoder.
Attached Thumbnails
Connector3.jpg   Connector5.jpg  
Edutron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2021, 12:57 PM   #3

Thank you!

Thank you, I think this is what may have happened to us too! It’s either a bad motor or pinch in the harness. I’m not comfortable enough taking everything apart so we’re waiting on the mobile RV Repair to come.
SueAndDenM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2021, 01:16 PM   #4

Manufacturers should make the motors with replaceable hall sensors as the motors are usually fine but will not work when the sensor fails.
Old 09-14-2021, 02:58 PM   #5

Oh man...

Does the small bedroom slide use the same motors on the 32rlts??

I'm just dreading having any slide issues. Those are a pricey motor!
Amazon- Lippert Components - 364262 in-Wall Slide-Out Motor with Brake - 42mm Price: $430.46. A bit cheaper on e-bay!
TS3 Hitch
Ms says I'm full of useless knowledge and other stuff...
ARoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2021, 03:23 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARoamer View Post
Does the small bedroom slide use the same motors on the 32rlts??

I'm just dreading having any slide issues. Those are a pricey motor!
Amazon- Lippert Components - 364262 in-Wall Slide-Out Motor with Brake - 42mm Price: $430.46. A bit cheaper on e-bay!
It looks like the bedroom has the Swintech slide system. Cheaper motors and work well on small slides.
Attached Thumbnails
B4BD625C-A2A9-43D2-8FC9-7ECC52A33850.jpg  
Old 09-14-2021, 04:11 PM   #7

Slide system

I believe the pics are of a different year model. My 2020 Jayco Pinnacle 32RLTS has narrow gear racks on the exterior of both kitchen and bedroom slide which made me wonder about similar gear motors for both.
TS3 Hitch
Ms says I'm full of useless knowledge and other stuff...
Old 02-23-2024, 11:48 AM   #8

I am in the exact same situation. I have a 2020 Jayco Pinnacle 37MDQS. It's the big slide with refrigerator and such. Only motor 1 is bad. I checked voltage on all pins from harness to ensure it wasn't a wire pinch situation. I just ordered a new motor from Amazon and paid $100 for it. My extended warranty deductible is $200 so it was better for me. My question for you is, what steps did you take to remove the motor? I am being told there is a screw in the very top. If so, what type of bit do I need? Any tricks to getting it out and putting new in? Thank you! -Andy
andyd211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2024, 11:24 AM   #9

Kitchen slide

I removed the outside trim along slide. There are 2 motors one on front and one at rear. At top rail. Only loosen screw a few turns to release motor. Pry up motor out of rail. My question for you is, are you sure which motor is bad and there is a controller in side cabinet ceiling, that controls both motors. To synchronize the motors. I called LIPPERT to make sure I replaced the correct part. Ended up my controller was the problem. Now I have a spare motor. Hope this helps. Of course nearly all my screws broke off on weather strip. I replaced with SS screws.
Buckeye fiver.
buckeyefiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2024, 11:52 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeyefiver View Post
I. Of course nearly all my screws broke off on weather strip. I replaced with SS screws.
Buckeye fiver.
Nearly all of those screws were broken on both ends our kitchen slide, only the sealer was holding most of the heads in place. Warranty replaced. They also hold the slimrack frame in place. Not sure if it's a over torque issue, or cheap or undersized screws.