Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-20-2018, 11:49 AM   #21

Just counted I got six. Three in the first 1/3 and the other three spaced out further back. Did not measure but are 5-6 in width. If u have a bunch more rollers u will probably not have a problem. With that said if the floor bottom starts wearing or indenting in than I would install pads.
Rock
2016 Pinnacle FBTS Traded
Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 12:00 PM   #22

I would be curious if Jayco has ever recalled anything! From what we can see there is no government agency to confront them. We the poor old grunts just have to grin and bear it.
bdreinv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 12:03 PM   #23

Did you have to jack up the slide a bit to get the pad in place?
Old 09-14-2018, 08:43 PM   #24

Just going through the same issues,in for a second repair,I would not buy a Jayco or any brand with the Swintec in wall slide system.
Lanced is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2018, 05:38 AM   #25
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanced View Post
Just going through the same issues,in for a second repair,I would not buy a Jayco or any brand with the Swintec in wall slide system.
They are used throughout the industry and have served me well. I don't care for the way mfg's put them on heavy slides either. The Schwintek is an example of equipment that is complicated for the regular person to work on or understand. It's hard to find a rv tech who is more than a little knowledgeable on them in my experience
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2018, 09:01 AM   #26

I have had good luck with a Schwintek slide. But, it is the bedroom one and only has the closet space in it. That little slide only moves about a foot and has four rails on it.

I think the issues with them come from having too much load on them.
Maggie, Old English Sheepdog
vcbice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2018, 09:05 AM   #27
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdreinv View Post
I would be curious if Jayco has ever recalled anything! From what we can see there is no government agency to confront them. We the poor old grunts just have to grin and bear it.
https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f39/
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 11:49 AM   #28

Well, my 2016 had bent outriggers from pretty much day one. Fixed under warranty.
Schwintek system was replaced about 6 months later. Was working fine, and one day while pulling the slide in, it skipped in the track and messed everything up really good on one side.
Earlier this year, I had warranty check out the floor in front of the big slide as i has a noticeable downward slope. Was told it was in spec per Jayco.
Now, 3 months out of warranty, the Schwintek mechanism skipped in the track on the refrigerator side and messed up the tracks, again....

Called Jayco, and response was pretty much "that's too bad, but your warranty is up".

Lucky for us, due to this under-engineered slide solution, I bought the extended warranty. 1st time ever.....

Now that I am not limited to Jayco for service, I found a person who actually seems knowledgeable about they system. We both agree the slide is not square in the body hole, and thus the issues.

He said he thinks he can get it fixed right this time.

He also said, if it acts up again, to get it fixed under warranty, and trade it for one without the Schwintec.....which would suck. We really love this floorplan, and had hopes of keeping this RV for many years....I even finally splurged for the metal carport building to park it under......

Guess we will see....
Old 09-17-2018, 04:10 PM   #29

I hear you going through a similar issue with my swinger kitchen slide now out of warranty.Had it fixed once by dealer then got ext. warranty,just did the same thing 2 weeks ago.I got a similar responce from Jayco,a technition e mailed me that there was no record of a repair under warranty(yes I know) and they couldn’t do anything about it even though after the first,out of warranty repair the dealer said it was out of square,didn’t matter it was out of warranty
Lanced is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 10:21 AM   #30

I must be lucky 3 years, after Lippert informed me never open slide or close partially no problems.Tech support was able to walk me through in sync process.Also having solar we never have to worry about low batteries. Thanks
Old 09-20-2018, 11:12 AM   #31

Well, to update, the mobile guy is going to get us fixed up again, hopefully squared up and it will be a permanent fix...

My out of pocket is near $200. Extended doesn't cover part shipping, $50 deductible, $15 of the mobile fee, and tax.....

Still, could be worse. Whole repair is quoted near $1100....