Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-04-2020, 07:08 PM   #1

Spray ports the same?

I just picked up a 2020 Eagle HT 30.5 MLOK, and did not receive a hose for the spray ports so went to camping world and bought one but it works at the outside shower plug in at the water connection but not at the port beside the outside kitchen, what I need to know is the the port beside the outside kitchen bad and need replace because it doesn't plug in I am pretty sure it should be same and have a defective port. Any ideas? Thanks
paulH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2020, 08:14 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulH View Post
I just picked up a 2020 Eagle HT 30.5 MLOK, and did not receive a hose for the spray ports so went to camping world and bought one but it works at the outside shower plug in at the water connection but not at the port beside the outside kitchen, what I need to know is the the port beside the outside kitchen bad and need replace because it doesn't plug in I am pretty sure it should be same and have a defective port. Any ideas? Thanks
I have a spray port on the passenger side of my FW and it takes all of my strength to get the hose to snap into it. Try a little lubricant on the hose end. That will help getting it to snap in.
2017 RAM 3500 DRW DIESEL/AISIN 4.10 AIR BAGS
B&W COMPANION TURN OVER BALL HITCH
Formerly from Sequim, WA
AKRUEBBE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2020, 12:44 PM   #3

Outside shower is usually not under water pressure when you plug in. The port by the beside the kitchen is under pressure all the time unless you turn off water pump or shut off city water and turn on a faucet to release line pressure. That pressure makes it hard to connect.
Old 05-05-2020, 12:57 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaycoMLOK View Post
Outside shower is usually not under water pressure when you plug in. The port by the beside the kitchen is under pressure all the time unless you turn off water pump or shut off city water and turn on a faucet to release line pressure. That pressure makes it hard to connect.
Thanks for that info........I should have known it was the water pressure making it a "strong man" event. Will shut the water down next time I try to hook it up!
2017 RAM 3500 DRW DIESEL/AISIN 4.10 AIR BAGS
B&W COMPANION TURN OVER BALL HITCH
Formerly from Sequim, WA
AKRUEBBE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2020, 09:21 PM   #5

Fix it yourself

They are the same and I had the same problem. I couldn’t get it to engage. It didn’t make sense to me. I thought the shower must be different. Went out and read the manufacturer’s number off the door side port. Ordered a hose that would fit. It showed up and was the same as the shower hose. So I grabbed a Phillips screwdriver and pushed it in. WOW low and behold it was just stuck. Now I have 2 hoses because I thought the fittings were different. They are not, it was really stuck. Give it a constant even amount of pressure until it unfreezes. You’ll know it.

Gone Fishing!
SIGPIC
Nathan S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2020, 05:26 AM   #6

quick connect

Had same issue on my 2019 Eagle HT. Had other warranty issues and had service department take care of it. I think it just needed adjustment because of sloppy install but both quick connect ports are same size.
54camping is offline   Reply With Quote