Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-14-2020, 12:23 PM   #1

Spring Hanger broken

So a couple weeks ago I notice the left side gap between the tires was near zero, almost touching.

I crawled under our 2019 Jayco Talon 313T to find the left - rear spring hanger broken off the frame.

Looking at the weld or what was actually there was all I need to see to come to the conclusion this thing broke due to a poor weld for the factory..

All of this really didn’t help my situation , Sunday afternoon 260 miles from home on a beach with no tools ...

My question is who makes the Taylon frames for Jayco ?

I have looked but can not find out ..

Btw — the trailer is fixed and at home .

Thanks
Rob
dewey6482 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2020, 05:01 PM   #2

Purely an assumption on my part, but I am under the impression Lippert makes the trailer frames for Jayco. There must be a sticker or stamp somewhere on the frame, though I must admit I have not seen any on my HT fiver.
I'd love to know if your hanger had more than one hole for the springs to allow for height adjustability. My HT does, and the springs have to be set in the lower holes if you have the 16" wheel/tire option. I noticed my front and rear hangers had no weld or bracing to reinforce the bracket. I saw that the Lippert Correct Track axle alignment aftermarket kit comes with a metal insert to bolt in the upper, unused hole. Obvidously, this was designed to act as a stiffener to avoid exactly what you experienced. I added my own similar metal spacer, but wonder if welding a brace would be a better idea. I noticed the center equalizer frame bracket does have a welded brace.
What does your replacement hanger have for bracing?
2020 Eagle HT 30.5 CKTS Modern Farmhouse (16" wheels, spring shackles set on lower hole of frame, SumoSprings TSS-107-40, standard kingpin, B&W Companion slider, TST-507 TPMS, Progressive Industries hardwired 50A EMS HW-50C)
2019 F250 SRW SuperCab 4X4 SB 6.2 (10,000# GVW) 3.73 Axle 18" wheels
Nature Ist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2020, 10:15 AM   #3

This is why I plan on getting a couple of these soon..

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B007HRXZT2...v_ov_lig_dp_it
Andersen Ultimate w/Andersen Bed Shaft
SeventyGTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2020, 11:30 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nature Ist View Post
Purely an assumption on my part, but I am under the impression Lippert makes the trailer frames for Jayco.
Yep. There have been posts with KEYSTONE and GRAND DESIGN having that problem too.