Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-24-2015, 07:00 AM   #1

stabalizer Jack Problem

I have a friend who just bought a new 2015 Jayco Eagle 27.5 RLTS. He just picked it up and brought it home and one of the rear stabilizer jacks would not go down. I'm not sure what he has on the back of his unit but the jacks on my 2014 RETS work in tandem. If one goes up or down, the other does also. I can't tell by his explanation what is going on yet. Does anyone on this forum have the same unit and can tell me what kind of stabilizer jacks this unit has. I think probably a bolt or something has fallen out or come lose on the drive home. He is trying to prevent driving all the way back to the dealer if it is something simple he can fix. It is raining pretty good here so I can't go out and get under mine at this point. Thanks for any help. I'm trying to get him registered on this forum so he can check things out.

Joe Hinson
2010 Jayco Quest G2(SOLD)
2014 Jayco Eagle 33.5RETS
2007 Ram 2500 5.9L Cummins(SOLD)
2015 Ram 2500 6.7L Cummins 4WD
:)
namusmc65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 07:06 AM   #2

Well ours has the electric stabilizers and one leg goes all the way down and makes contact before the other one begins to move then once it is down they both tension
Old 02-24-2015, 07:11 AM   #3

The front and rear stabilizers both do the same thing ... I don't know why but it doesn't bother me ... Maybe it's so your only dealing with one pad at a time but one side always comes down first before the other ever begins to move
Old 02-24-2015, 07:49 AM   #4

Interesting. I had not run across that before. Thanks for your responses. I just got off the phone with him this morning, since he lives outside Tampa and I am in South Georgia. Had him wiggle the stabilizer while his wife pushed the extend button and both came down at the same time. He is going to oil everything real good while he is working the stabilizer up and down a few times. Seems like it had just gotten stuck probably from sitting on the lot for awhile. Booth his front and rear stabilizers go up and down at the same time as do mine. Never came across any that went one at a time.

Joe Hinson
2010 Jayco Quest G2(SOLD)
2014 Jayco Eagle 33.5RETS
2007 Ram 2500 5.9L Cummins(SOLD)
2015 Ram 2500 6.7L Cummins 4WD
:)
namusmc65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 08:02 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paintinfool3 View Post
Well ours has the electric stabilizers and one leg goes all the way down and makes contact before the other one begins to move then once it is down they both tension
Yep, same with mine, and it is in the Starcraft line of trailers...

2011 Dodge Ram 2500 Cummins
2012 Starcraft Autumn Ridge 297 BHS
Flyrotor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 09:01 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paintinfool3 View Post
I wonder if that's something new. Mine come down in tandem.
TCNashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 09:10 AM   #7

Ours come down together, at least that's the way they worked the only time I have used them. I also asked the dealer when I picked it up and he said that they both work together.
But, When I got ours home, I noticed that the switch was installed kind of crooked, so I set about to fix it. In the process, I found that the wire going to the motor had been pinched between the jack assembly and the frame. They obviously use impact wrenches to tighten that down, as the wire was mashed completely flat. Don't know why it didn't short out, but it probably would have eventually. He might check that also when he checks the mechanism. Still don't understand how you coud bolt that up and not see that wire in there.
2015 F250 Super duty 6.2L full trailering pkg.
Loris, South Carolina.
rryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 09:37 AM   #8

My electric rear stabilizer jacks extend at the same time. However, when one contacts the surface before the other one, it stops until the other one contacts the surface then they both start working again. It was explained to me this was the way they are supposed to work. I assume so that one jack reaching the surface first does not have to try to lift the FW by itself, possible causing a problem.
2013 Polaris Sportsman 550 EXP
2008 Polaris Sportsman 700 X2
jal0710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 09:48 AM   #9

………...However, when one contacts the surface before the other one, it stops until the other one contacts the surface then they both start working again.
=======
That seems to me to be the only way they could work and be effective. My manual say that they are to be used only to "stabilize" the unit and not to lift it or put a lot of weight on them. Guess that will work if you're fairly level first. Our last TT had manual jacks that you could actually use to level the unit.
2015 F250 Super duty 6.2L full trailering pkg.
Loris, South Carolina.
rryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 10:00 AM   #10

The rear Stabilizer mine works the same. One drops faster than the other till contact then the slow one speeds up till contact then the load equally. As I understand it it's so they load equally on uneven ground. I I still put blocks under the pads to spread the load and lessen the amount of extension required.
.......Roof Satellite Dish, Vent Covers, Bedroom Vent Fan,
.......Rear Reciever, 12V DC Outlets (6), 320W Solar & Controller,
.......4 Lifeline AGM Batteries (600 Ah @ 12V),
.......Stereo Upgraded, Interior Speaker Upgrade, Amp
Imnaha.Mansion is offline   Reply With Quote