Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 12-16-2020, 08:40 AM   #1
TJE

Staples coming up from floor of new Pinnacle

Hey there. We have a new 32 RTLS And after our first long trip we have several staples pushing up through the floor. I thought Jayco bragged about using screws. Has anyone else seen this issue. We have an appointment with the dealer but we are full time and don’t know how they will fix this or how long it might take. Any advice is appreciated
TJE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2020, 04:53 PM   #2

I know I have seen a post on this issue in the past but could not find it by searching. If it is linoleum and the staple runs with the "grain" I belive a slit was cut with a sharp knife above the staple, make the repair (remove the staple and install a screw??) and then glue the linoleum to the substrate. That's what I recall. Maybe someone else will chime in on this. If I find the post I will provide the link.
Demco 18K Autoslide Hitch and Timbrens
2019 Ford F350 SB 6.7L Diesel (Gone)
Radar57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2020, 05:05 PM   #3

See the link below. It is talking about a bolt head but the repair I referenced is discussed. Someone else may still add their thoughts.

https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f...7-a-72636.html
Demco 18K Autoslide Hitch and Timbrens
2019 Ford F350 SB 6.7L Diesel (Gone)
Radar57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2020, 05:38 PM   #4
TJE

Thank you for the reply. I spoke to the dealership today and the want to rip the floor up. Fix the staples and then glue the floor back and trim out with quarter round. There must be a better way this rig has only been out on one trip. Clearly a manufacturing defect
TJE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2020, 05:57 PM   #5

You don't want that lino glued. The old school way many years ago was to glue it down, now they just staple the edge and it shrinks tight. If the dealer removes the lino and glues it back down you will have trouble down the road. A few years ago a new buyer posted the same problem here and the dealer wanted to do the same repair. He was lucky and saw the problem before signing any papers, after several calls to Jayco they agreed to build him a new unit and the dealer would send the damaged unit back to the factory.
Sundancer330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2020, 10:16 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJE View Post
Hey there. We have a new 32 RTLS And after our first long trip we have several staples pushing up through the floor. I thought Jayco bragged about using screws. Has anyone else seen this issue. We have an appointment with the dealer but we are full time and don’t know how they will fix this or how long it might take. Any advice is appreciated
Do they look like the ones in the attached pic? Those are the only ones I have and they are at the very end of the kitchen island. The pic makes them look a lot bigger than they are. If I wanted to, I could pull them up with some pliers and then fill the very tiny hole with something compatible in color. How many do you have showing?
Attached Thumbnails
Staples.jpg  
2017 RAM 3500 DRW DIESEL/AISIN 4.10 AIR BAGS
B&W COMPANION TURN OVER BALL HITCH
Formerly from Sequim, WA
AKRUEBBE is offline   Reply With Quote