Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-19-2020, 06:24 PM   #21

I boondock exclusively.
I creamed the steps on my previous Rockwood HW-277 so often that I carried a sledge hammer to make them usable when I got to the site...and then lifted the camper.

Bought a new Jayco X-213, and bit the bullet and bought a Morryde Step Above to install. https://www.camperid.com/morryde/ste...RoCoTEQAvD_BwE
I replaced my brand new steps with these right away. I bought them and took them home in the bed of my pickup when I towed my new rig home from the dealer. They fold away inside the camper...no more sledge hammer. And they are rock solid.
It took me all of an hour to remove and replace. Super easy.

I have a beautiful brand new set of 2-steps with aluminum treads if anyone needs them.
jimmoore13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2020, 07:10 PM   #22

I already have the four aluminum steps. But if I was to replace would go with glowsteps. On the road stopping at rest areas would not want to put out the solid morryde steps, be afraid a truck pulling in would rip it off. Even now I only drop out two steps to keep it in tight.
2016 Pinnacle FBTS Traded
Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2023, 07:44 PM   #23
Site Team

I installed the 4 step Lippert Aluminum folding steps a few years back. Only problem I have is mostly there is less than 3 inches clearance from the bottom step to the ground. I have used boards to support the bottom but have been for some other better looking yet functional support. All that I have found require 6 inches clearance to mount, which I hardly ever have.

Has anyone found or invented something that could be used to perform this function? I am not interested in changing out the steps.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2023, 08:13 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by wfd44 View Post
Take advantage of the bad situation and upgrade to the MorRyde steps.

Depending on your needs IMHO, I personally would not consider the "mor ryde step above steps" an upgrade. I hate mine. Worst steps on any RV I have ever owned as far as useability. PITA to set, dirt inside your RV when folded and can't quickly access the inside of your rv, park too close to something and you aren't getting into your rv, they stick out too far in rest areas, off level campsite, you'll need blocks, potential of binding or bending of entry door. If you stay in one spot all the time you might like them, if you travel alot, the disadvantages become apparent. Only good thing I can say about them is that they are stable.
ARoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2023, 08:38 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARoamer View Post
Depending on your needs IMHO, I personally would not consider the "mor ryde step above steps" an upgrade. I hate mine. Worst steps on any RV I have ever owned as far as useability. PITA to set, dirt inside your RV when folded and can't quickly access the inside of your rv, park too close to something and you aren't getting into your rv, they stick out too far in rest areas, off level campsite, you'll need blocks, potential of binding or bending of entry door. If you stay in one spot all the time you might like them, if you travel alot, the disadvantages become apparent. Only good thing I can say about them is that they are stable.
X2. Your reasons are why I would not buy them. I carry a few different thick pieces of wood I put under my steps. Only use them if I am staying several days. At my camp I made wooden steps since I am there for months.
2016 Pinnacle FBTS Traded
Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2023, 10:42 AM   #26
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by norty1 View Post
I installed the 4 step Lippert Aluminum folding steps a few years back. Only problem I have is mostly there is less than 3 inches clearance from the bottom step to the ground. I have used boards to support the bottom but have been for some other better looking yet functional support. All that I have found require 6 inches clearance to mount, which I hardly ever have.

Has anyone found or invented something that could be used to perform this function? I am not interested in changing out the steps.
Thanks for the replies but I am not looking to replace them, just support the bottom step to prevent rocking the camper. Mine sit to close to the ground for any bolt on option I have seen.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote