Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-24-2020, 04:30 PM   #1

Still confused and frustrated...2019 pinnacle 32RLTS..tvs

In the wet bay is where I connect my dish tailgater...works fine on LR tv...in the BR is a SAT port...and a CABLE port...the same in storage area under camper...and the same in outside TV area..I tried hooking up my dish receiver to the bedroom tv..hooked up HDMI from receiver to tv...ran coaxle cable from SAT port in BR to receiver...hooked up tailgater through outside port... didn’t work...I hooked tailgater straight to receiver through the front door... it worked...why do the connections for SAT only work in LR...
cdjenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2020, 06:49 PM   #2

I have been told that the signal from your antenna will not pass through most cable splitters which is how jayco is getting a sat. connection at each location from the one input in your wet bay. Here is what i did . I use a 211k reciever which has coax connections in and out so I connected cable from sat in in LR to reciever also antenna in to reciever ant. in . then I put a short wire and a splitter on sat. to TV one side of splitter goes to LR TV the other side of splitter is a little more involved . If you remove 2 screws holdind antenna booster in the cabinent and pull it out you will find 3 coax wires connected to the rear of booster 1 is antenna in, 1 is cable in, and 1 is TV2 out which feeds your over the air antenna signal to bed room and outside TVs theese are clearly marked . Unscrew TV2 out from booster and connect this to the cable comming from the new splitter this will require drilling a hole alongside the booster for wire to pass through. this will send the same signal you have at LR TV to all the other TVs . whatever satelite channel you are viewing on LR TV will be on all TVs when reciever is off each TV will work as normal with ota. channels. IF your reciever does not have coax out to TV I have been told you can buy a hdmi to coax converter which I would think would solve this problem . Like you I was confused and don't know why jayco doesn't include a wire diagram explaining their intent when they built this thing. If you remove the panels in your storage bay that would expose the back of the wet bay you will find the coax splitters that jayco used to feed sat signal to bedroom and outside TVs. when using coax to feed sat to TV use channel 3 to view sat channels .
Haul n it all is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2020, 07:09 PM   #3

Get one of these, or something like it, it will help.
Attached Thumbnails
Screenshot_20200524-210229.jpg  

Andy, Sherrie, Dixie, and Daisy
2020 Jayco 336FBOK Modern Farmhouse
2020 Chevy Silverado 2500 SRW Duramax 10 speed GM/ Allison
CURT Q20 on R20 Slider
AndyO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2020, 07:52 PM   #4

Thanks...I’m still confused..why don’t they just make the fifth wheels with easy satellite set up��without all of this extra frustration...JAYCO are you listening
cdjenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2020, 08:07 PM   #5

Well, that is the $64,000 question. Lol. It is frustrating and you could have two "identical" units side by side and there is no certainty that they would both be wired or plumbed the same. That goes for most all manufacturers though.

Andy, Sherrie, Dixie, and Daisy
2020 Jayco 336FBOK Modern Farmhouse
2020 Chevy Silverado 2500 SRW Duramax 10 speed GM/ Allison
CURT Q20 on R20 Slider
AndyO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2020, 04:06 PM   #6

On my Eagle I have 2 connectors outside the rv, one for sat and one for cable. That is why I have 2 sat and 2 rec. one for the front and one for the br. I also run a separate cable through the slideout for the br tv.
2012 Dodge 3500
US Govt survey shows three out of four people make up 75% of the total population
rthibodaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2020, 07:22 PM   #7

I have the tailgater with two output for both of my tv's the one in my bedroom work fine but the one in my living area didn't. I call the Dish Network CS and the lady said that their system doesn't like splitter so after fighting this for years.

So this is what I did, I put my own sat directly connection for the tv in my living area.
Attached Thumbnails
DSCN3421.JPG   DSCN3422.JPG   DSCN3423.JPG   DSCN3426.JPG   DSCN3429.JPG  

DSCN3435.JPG   DSCN3439.JPG   DSCN3442.JPG   DSCN3443.JPG   DSCN3444.JPG  

Big1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2020, 07:22 PM   #8

A few more and these are from the inside behind my tv to outside sat connection.
Attached Thumbnails
DSCN3455.JPG   DSCN3458.JPG  
Big1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2020, 08:32 PM   #9

I got so frustrated trying to get mine to work, I ripped all the cable out of my camper and ran all new and SEPARATE satellite and cable wires with high quality F Connectors. It made such a difference in both my CATV and Satellite reception I kick myself for struggling for so long. The routing from the factory was insane.

BTW the tool recommended by Andy is indispensable.

2022 33RBTS
Progressive Industries EMS - Hardwired
Equalizer 4 Point WDH
2021 Ford F350 7.3
Air Lift Rear Bags w/ On Board Compressor (Pending)
2016 28BHBE - (Traded and Missed already)
Marcm157 is offline   Reply With Quote