Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-05-2020, 07:47 AM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkymntsno View Post
I have not tried it but I thought I read somewhere on this forum that you can leave the Sanicon connected but not turned on and it will still drain the grey tanks via gravity.
From the SaniCon Turbo 700 Operator's Manual

"NOTICE Gray water bypass is possible if the discharge plumbing does not flow upward."

Basically by-pass is downhill only. Page 4 of the attached.

Sanicon Owner's Manual.pdf
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk TOAD
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2020, 02:38 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkymntsno View Post
I have not tried it but I thought I read somewhere on this forum that you can leave the Sanicon connected but not turned on and it will still drain the grey tanks via gravity.
Yes you can. I leave the kitchen grey tank open all the time because we have a dishwasher that we use every day. There is still a few gallons at the most that you need to pump out but for the most part it gravity drains very well.
2017 RAM 3500 DRW DIESEL/AISIN 4.10 AIR BAGS
B&W COMPANION TURN OVER BALL HITCH
Formerly from Sequim, WA
AKRUEBBE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2020, 05:27 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKRUEBBE View Post
Yes you can. I leave the kitchen grey tank open all the time because we have a dishwasher that we use every day. There is still a few gallons at the most that you need to pump out but for the most part it gravity drains very well.
Thought so.
rkymntsno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2020, 07:37 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsmatx View Post
When we are staying someplace for a few days, I hook up the slinky and leave the grey valve open and let it just drain freely while we're stopped. This way we can take long showers and not worry about overflow on grey. I keep black closed until it seems to be getting full or, if its not too full, just keep it closed until we arrive at the next destination, then drain it. The theory being that driving with some water/stuff in the black tank keeps it free flowing.

About the Sanicon, I would like to use it but am wondering if I can leave it connected to the sewer with the gray valve open and let it drain continuously like it do with the slinky. Does Sanicon work that way? Or, does it only allow flow of water when it is turned on?

Thanks.
On our Sanicon, the outlet hose goes up into the storage box. This creates a trap, so no water flows without the pump running. I want to reroute the outlet hose to eliminate the trap, but haven't figured it out yet. So the answer is no- at least the way ours is, you can't drain the grey without the pump on.
Old 09-06-2020, 08:33 AM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cincinnati Kid View Post
On our Sanicon, the outlet hose goes up into the storage box. This creates a trap, so no water flows without the pump running. I want to reroute the outlet hose to eliminate the trap, but haven't figured it out yet. So the answer is no- at least the way ours is, you can't drain the grey without the pump on.
Naturally will not get a gravity drain with the hose in the storage box. Fluids will drain without the pump on. I think it acts like a syphon.
2017 RAM 3500 DRW DIESEL/AISIN 4.10 AIR BAGS
B&W COMPANION TURN OVER BALL HITCH
Formerly from Sequim, WA
AKRUEBBE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021, 02:00 PM   #46

Newbie here with basic question: What are your options to hook into sewer system? I am looking at parking near a home with older sewer system/septic field.
Mountaineer1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021, 09:30 PM   #47

Your black tank chemical needs to be septic system compliant in order to not ruin what breaks down the sewage in the home system. When I need to, I open a cleanout in my sewer line next to the trailer and attach the regular hose just as if in an RV Park since I'm on city sewage.
Whatsupchuck is offline   Reply With Quote