Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-27-2020, 03:19 PM   #1

Stinky Slinky vs Sani-Con for Full Timing?

We sold our home and will be living in our FW for several months while our new home in Az is being built. Our Eagle HT came with a San-Con Turbo, but I have yet to use it, mainly because it will not reach our septic cleanout. So just used the slinky with an extension. Any advice is appreciated.
Andersen Ultimate w/Andersen Bed Shaft
SeventyGTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2020, 04:09 PM   #2

You have a 21' hose on the Sanicon and you can attach a garden hose to that for extra length to the dump. The Sanicon is like a garbage disposal and macerates everything so it flows thru small hoses easily. I believe you can easily add a 50' hose to Sanicon and also pump waste uphill.
I love mine and have been using it for 3 years. As you know, keep your black tank valve closed until it's full and then turn on the Sanicon with black tank open first. Then close black valve and open grey tanks and flush out the lines with Sanicon on. Works great and it's not at all messy.

Happy RVing,
Jeff
Best friend wife, Di, and dog Cooper. RETIRED
havnfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2020, 07:32 AM   #3

Sanicon system for sure!! I don't even own a stinky slinky!!
2017 RAM 3500 DRW DIESEL/AISIN 4.10 AIR BAGS
B&W COMPANION TURN OVER BALL HITCH
Formerly from Sequim, WA
AKRUEBBE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2020, 08:16 AM   #4

Sanicon for sure. Once you use it you won't go back to the stinky slinky. I have yet to try out my 3/4" hose attached to the Sanicon to dump at home at the sewer cleanout but will probably this winter when I winterize.
rkymntsno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2020, 11:49 AM   #5

I wish I have the Sanicon system, I think that mines is setup and wire and it have the spot on were the door would go but I don't have that, I think that I will have to check in that more.
Big1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2020, 01:21 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big1 View Post
I wish I have the Sanicon system, I think that mines is setup and wire and it have the spot on were the door would go but I don't have that, I think that I will have to check in that more.
I think it would be worth checking out how much they would charge to install it. Should be prewired for the switch at the door. If nothing else you could go with a macerator you could use yourself.
Old 08-30-2020, 07:03 AM   #7

Simple no fail hose for me. Faster, simpler never fails. Use bleach n spray bottle to spray down hose each time it is out. Have known others that had macerater break and they did not enjoy cleaning out unit. No need to pump up hill for me so why would I change? Safe travels

Enjoy the journey
Trapper2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2020, 08:09 AM   #8

I’ve used a Sewer Solution for the past 8-9 yrs. Works like a Sanicon but has no moving parts, instead uses a water jet to break up solids. I carry 3 x 10’ sections of its sewer hose but usually only need to use 1 and like Sanicon will pump uphill.
It’s proven very dependable.
Aside from the slinky that came in my first starter kit (used once) I’ve never owned a slinky.

2013 F-350 CC SB 2WD 6.7PS
2013 Eagle Premier 351 RLTS
-SOLD- 2012 X23B
-SOLD- 2003 Ford Expedition 5.4, Bilstein shocks
RedHorse1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2020, 08:14 AM   #9

Slinky dumps faster but Sanicon dumps further. I added 3 addition 1 1/2 inch turbo hoses. One is connected 2 if needed such as at the house.
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2020, 08:36 AM   #10

How do you flush your black tank without the hose? With mine, I have to fill till full and dump fast several times to get all the solids out. Wouldn't be able to do that with a macerater. I would think solids would get left behind.

Earl
Line-X premium
Mopar wheel to wheel steps
Mopar_Earl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2020, 08:41 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventyGTX View Post
We sold our home and will be living in our FW for several months while our new home in Az is being built. Our Eagle HT came with a San-Con Turbo, but I have yet to use it, mainly because it will not reach our septic cleanout. So just used the slinky with an extension. Any advice is appreciated.
I have one, and you can make an adapter and reduce to a large garden hose and pump it up to 150 ft, I use it all the time its, awesome love that dam thing
Puddle Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2020, 08:44 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkymntsno View Post
Sanicon for sure. Once you use it you won't go back to the stinky slinky. I have yet to try out my 3/4" hose attached to the Sanicon to dump at home at the sewer cleanout but will probably this winter when I winterize.

3/4 inch works like a champ! pumps up to 150 feet no problems, use that set up when visiting a friends house
Old 08-30-2020, 09:11 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mopar_Earl View Post
How do you flush your black tank without the hose? With mine, I have to fill till full and dump fast several times to get all the solids out. Wouldn't be able to do that with a macerater. I would think solids would get left behind.

Earl
Macerator grinds the solids to small pieces so they pass through a 3/4 inch hose. 5/8 inch hose can get clogged.

When using the Sanicon turbo macerator you can see the Sanicon hose expand as it is pumping to the septic system.
Old 08-30-2020, 10:33 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by EA37TS View Post
Macerator grinds the solids to small pieces so they pass through a 3/4 inch hose. 5/8 inch hose can get clogged.

When using the Sanicon turbo macerator you can see the Sanicon hose expand as it is pumping to the septic system.
Yep, I know how they work. But how do you know the flushing is getting the solids out when you're not able to fast dump the water? My tank won't empty the solids with the flusher only. I have to fill the tank completely with the flusher then dump. I need to do this 4 or more times to get everything out. With the macerater, you can't empty fast. So are there solids being left behind?

Earl
Mopar_Earl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2020, 10:41 AM   #15

I dont have any problem with mine, I also install a piece of clear flex tube so I can see what is coming out, all of my tanks empty faster than the gravity method, I also add some stuff to help break down the solids in the black tank--been using it now for 3 yrs, no issues at all--- works for me--
Old 08-30-2020, 11:13 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mopar_Earl View Post
Yep, I know how they work. But how do you know the flushing is getting the solids out when you're not able to fast dump the water? My tank won't empty the solids with the flusher only. I have to fill the tank completely with the flusher then dump. I need to do this 4 or more times to get everything out. With the macerater, you can't empty fast. So are there solids being left behind?

Earl
I do the same with the black tank flush and Sanicon. Fill 4 or 5 times and drain.

I want to add a clear section for observation but haven’t done that yet.
Old 08-30-2020, 08:37 PM   #17

Quote:
I think it would be worth checking out how much they would charge to install it. Should be prewired for the switch at the door. If nothing else you could go with a macerator you could use yourself.

Yeah, we are getting ready to go on a 3000+ miles trip Tuesday morning and I was out to our fiver yesterday with my wife and I did look their and everything is their, the wires sticker and everything now I have to check it out more.

The only thing that I have to worry about is to find out were or how to install the storage for the holes.
Big1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2020, 06:50 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puddle Pirate View Post
I dont have any problem with mine, I also install a piece of clear flex tube so I can see what is coming out, all of my tanks empty faster than the gravity method, I also add some stuff to help break down the solids in the black tank--been using it now for 3 yrs, no issues at all--- works for me--
Where did you install the clear flex tube on the Sanicon hose? Also, where did you get the tube?
Old 08-31-2020, 06:59 AM   #19

Quote:
Where did you install the clear flex tube on the Sanicon hose? Also, where did you get the tube?
https://www.amazon.com/Diameter-Clea.../dp/B07TSV3KJV
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk TOAD
Old 08-31-2020, 07:04 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by EA37TS View Post
How big of a piece did you install and where did you install it on the Sanicon hose?