Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-31-2020, 04:50 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big1 View Post
I wish I have the Sanicon system, I think that mines is setup and wire and it have the spot on were the door would go but I don't have that, I think that I will have to check in that more.
They do make a portable one that hooks on at the same spot as the stincy slinky. You just have to run electric to it and use a hose. The dealer did this for me.

Larry Wagner
Stewartstown PA
2019 Jayco Pinnacle 36SSWS (Louise)
2019 Chevelet Silverado 3500 Dully Duramax Engine (Allison Transmission) (Thelma)
pawags45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2020, 05:40 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkymntsno View Post
How big of a piece did you install and where did you install it on the Sanicon hose?
I haven’t made the mod yet. When I do I am also going to add a ball valve so I can keep water out of the hose after the gate valves are closed.

The plan is to remove the Sanicon hose, add the ball valve and the add about 3 inches of clear tube. My wet bay is large enough for the mod.

This is going to be my retirement mod in Oct or Nov.
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2020, 06:14 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by EA37TS View Post
I haven’t made the mod yet. When I do I am also going to add a ball valve so I can keep water out of the hose after the gate valves are closed.

The plan is to remove the Sanicon hose, add the ball valve and the add about 3 inches of clear tube. My wet bay is large enough for the mod.

LOL, I was wondering where you were gonna connect that. That's the only thing wrong with Sanicon that I can see, no clear portion of hose. Don't you have a gate valve right before the macerator?
rkymntsno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2020, 07:27 PM   #24

Quote:
LOL, I was wondering where you were gonna connect that. That's the only thing wrong with Sanicon that I can see, no clear portion of hose. Don't you have a gate valve right before the macerator?
Yes, but when the gate valve is closed some water remains in the hose and in the macerator itself. The ball valve will keep that water in the macerator and not in the hose.

I will verify this again during my next outing in a couple of weeks.
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2020, 06:41 AM   #25

Quote:
Yes, but when the gate valve is closed some water remains in the hose and in the macerator itself. The ball valve will keep that water in the macerator and not in the hose.

I will verify this again during my next outing in a couple of weeks.
10-4, please update after you do.
Old 09-02-2020, 12:45 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mopar_Earl View Post
How do you flush your black tank without the hose? With mine, I have to fill till full and dump fast several times to get all the solids out. Wouldn't be able to do that with a macerater. I would think solids would get left behind.

Earl
I use my black tank flush and fill the black tank about 1/2 full three times, and use the Sanicon pump to pull the water/waste out. So far so good and seems like a clean tank when done.
Old 09-02-2020, 12:53 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mopar_Earl View Post
Yep, I know how they work. But how do you know the flushing is getting the solids out when you're not able to fast dump the water? My tank won't empty the solids with the flusher only. I have to fill the tank completely with the flusher then dump. I need to do this 4 or more times to get everything out. With the macerater, you can't empty fast. So are there solids being left behind?

Earl
Whether it's the Sanicon or a separate after market macerator, it creates a suction to push through the hose as opposed to relying on gravity.
Old 09-02-2020, 01:03 PM   #28

Well, without a “clear” connector like another guy posted about, guess there’s no way to know 100% for sure. Our Sanicon dumps very quickly, then I close the black tank, run the flush until about 2/3’s full, then dump. I do this three times, and with all the water we keep in the black tank (we know water is our friend), hoping this is doing the trick. I’m going to look into adding a clear section, as described above, too.
Old 09-02-2020, 02:47 PM   #29

I carry a 50' 3/4" hose in our trailer for the macerator and it's come in handy a few times. Make sure it's a 3/4" with large ID fittings. We lived in our 27' TT while our house in Chino Valley AZ was being built. After we got into the house then we bought a 41' 5th wheel. You should be fine assuming it's just two of you.
RoninAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2020, 03:12 PM   #30

What if it breaks?

I agree with TRAPPER 2020 on simpler is better. Not being able to use it much yet, the stinky slinky has been faithful for the years I've been able to use the rigs.

It's so easy to just store the hose in case of a failure.
Whatsupchuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2020, 04:10 PM   #31

Quote:
Whether it's the Sanicon or a separate after market macerator, it creates a suction to push through the hose as opposed to relying on gravity.
Yep. I know exactly how they work. I didn't ask how they work. Lol

Earl
Mopar_Earl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2020, 05:58 PM   #32

Sanicon

I use mine all the time!!! The best, no mess at all. I pumped my tank 50' easily right thru a toilet into a septic system!
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2020, 04:04 PM   #33

Does Sanicon make a clear fitting to connect hose to sewer?
Old 09-03-2020, 04:16 PM   #34

Not to my knowledge...,but that doesn't mean they don't.
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2020, 04:36 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by twdenman View Post
Does Sanicon make a clear fitting to connect hose to sewer?
No, but if enough users contacted them to do so, I bet they would take it under consideration. All they would need to do is replace the grey part or the very end with a clear one.
2017 RAM 3500 DRW DIESEL/AISIN 4.10 AIR BAGS
B&W COMPANION TURN OVER BALL HITCH
Formerly from Sequim, WA
AKRUEBBE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2020, 06:15 PM   #36

Gate Valve

Quote:

I put in a gate valve on my Sanicon on our Seneca. Works great. There are one or two threads out there about the methods and parts for the valve. If you can't find it let me know. Gate Valve at Home Depot and a couple parts off the internet. Worth doing. Once you have dumped and cleaned out closing the valve keeps any seepage from being in the line. Two years no problems with my Sanicon.
Gunfighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2020, 06:03 PM   #37

Both

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventyGTX View Post
We sold our home and will be living in our FW for several months while our new home in Az is being built. Our Eagle HT came with a San-Con Turbo, but I have yet to use it, mainly because it will not reach our septic cleanout. So just used the slinky with an extension. Any advice is appreciated.
Don't have the San-Con but I do have a mascerator and I use it and the stinky slinky both. The slinky is handy when I just need a short length and it dumps quicker. Sometimes (I know it's shocking) but I run into a campsite where the stuff needs to flow up hill! Slinky don't work so well, then I use the poop pump. Also when camping in the sticks, I have a tank in the back of the truck I can pump stuff into and haul it away without breaking camp.
Old 09-04-2020, 08:03 PM   #38

Question about Sanicon use

When we are staying someplace for a few days, I hook up the slinky and leave the grey valve open and let it just drain freely while we're stopped. This way we can take long showers and not worry about overflow on grey. I keep black closed until it seems to be getting full or, if its not too full, just keep it closed until we arrive at the next destination, then drain it. The theory being that driving with some water/stuff in the black tank keeps it free flowing.

About the Sanicon, I would like to use it but am wondering if I can leave it connected to the sewer with the gray valve open and let it drain continuously like it do with the slinky. Does Sanicon work that way? Or, does it only allow flow of water when it is turned on?

Thanks.

2017 Ford Focus TOAD, BlueOx towbar
tsmatx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2020, 08:52 PM   #39

Clear section? An EASY and cheap solution!

Looking for a simple, easy, and cheap see-through section for your Sani-Con setup? Here's one that meets all of those criteria. Just remove the filter element, screw it to your Sani-Con's hose fitting, add a 3/4" hose and you're in business. It costs a whole $9.00 but it's well worth it. Its large diameter doesn't inhibit the flow either, plus it's rated for a pressure of 12 bar (that's 174 PSI for those non-metric thinkers out there) so no worries about it bursting. Here's the link to the part:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07JC72BJV..._dCUuFbEP52YXZ

Where I park our 2018 Pinnacle 36 KPTS is about 250/300' from the sewer standpipe but it's downhill all the way from the trailer. Everything is either uphill or downhill here in the Ozarks, nothing is ever flat. I run from the trailer to a "custom made" cap on the standpipe using 3 sections of 3/4" hose X 100' long and, thanks to gravity and siphoning action, have excellent flow at the outlet end once the Sani-Con gets things started (it runs continuously throughout the dump). We have water and electric installed at the parking spot.

After we returned from wintering in AZ my 86 y.o. MIL moved from her senior housing apartment into the trailer to get away from the coronavirus (we live w...a...y out in the boonies!) for 5 months. She felt quite safe here but it would not have been possible without the Sani-Con. When setup on our winter site I use the slinky. It stays permanently attached with the gray tank supporting the W/D always open; the other gray tank stays closed and is used for rinsing following a black tank dump. Works great! I tried leaving the Sani-Con hooked up while my MIL was in residence but that meant leaving the Sani-Con's door ajar. Nesting birds LOVED it! So the door got shut and the Sani-Con got dragged out and hooked up with every dump. Not too convenient but it worked. Anyway, I have no preference between Sani-Con VS slinky as it depends on the circumstances. Each has it's use, pluses and minuses. Just go with what works best at the time.

Weezer (a retired RV suspension engineer - thank goodness!)
Wife (Lisa) and 3 great dogs!!!
2018 Ford F350 Lariat dually diesel with all options and air overloads
Ford (Reese) puck mounted 18k hitch
2018 Jayco Pinnacle 36KPTS - loaded with options
weezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2020, 07:27 AM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsmatx View Post
When we are staying someplace for a few days, I hook up the slinky and leave the grey valve open and let it just drain freely while we're stopped. This way we can take long showers and not worry about overflow on grey. I keep black closed until it seems to be getting full or, if its not too full, just keep it closed until we arrive at the next destination, then drain it. The theory being that driving with some water/stuff in the black tank keeps it free flowing.

About the Sanicon, I would like to use it but am wondering if I can leave it connected to the sewer with the gray valve open and let it drain continuously like it do with the slinky. Does Sanicon work that way? Or, does it only allow flow of water when it is turned on?

Thanks.
I have not tried it but I thought I read somewhere on this forum that you can leave the Sanicon connected but not turned on and it will still drain the grey tanks via gravity.