Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-19-2020, 06:05 PM   #1

Strongly Considering a NP 377RLBH

Currently own a very nice and well-built 5er. But having a space for DW to do her sewing is causing us to consider this unit.
And this would allow for more Grandkid time as we like to include them annually.

Seems like a solid unit; but I have seen several posts about the front frame needing major repair. That is scaring me away from this thought. Feedback please.
TouringRetirees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2020, 07:11 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by TouringRetirees View Post
Currently own a very nice and well-built 5er. But having a space for DW to do her sewing is causing us to consider this unit.
And this would allow for more Grandkid time as we like to include them annually.

Seems like a solid unit; but I have seen several posts about the front frame needing major repair. That is scaring me away from this thought. Feedback please.

I wouldn’t say the frame needed major repair. I have had ours since 2016 and believe I was among the first handful of owners on the forum of the floor plan. We’ve had the sidewall crack, which was repaired by adding additional bracing to the wall and an outrigger in the propane compartment. But, others with different models/makes have had the crack as well so it’s not isolated to the 377.

Early models really required vigilant attention to 2 items imho...the kitchen slide and the electric leveling system. Having very healthy batteries helped mitigate some of the problem but still I had problems with each. Slide problem was due to a failed bearing block and leveling issue was eventually found to be a bad jack (worm screw stripped causing excessive strain and requiring full 12.5v). Eventually the screw failed. Once I replaced it, the system has worked beautifully ever since, even on less voltage.

Newer models may not face the same issues since Jayco switched to the slim rack instead of schwintek and switched to hydraulic leveling. We have loved our unit and continue to love it. However, I have done all my own repairs (and mods) except for the slide out and side wall crack so my rig hasn’t spent a lot of time at the shop. If you’re willing and able to fix the little issues that pop up, you’ll probably be fine. But that’s the same advice for pretty much all brands. Good luck

Magnolia Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2020, 07:33 PM   #3

I have a lightly used one for sale that has been to factory for sidewall repair and upgraded suspension. You can view it in the Jayco classifieds.
Old 03-25-2020, 12:17 PM   #4

We LOVE our 377! We aren't full timers but use it a lot with our 3 kids. We have 16k miles on our 2018 and over 100 nights in it. From South Dakota to Florida we've been all over in our rig. We have had to fix some items but they have been minor - loose trim, door adjustment, etc. We are also scheduled to have the small sidewall crack fixed at the factory this summer. The layout, storage, creature comforts, etc have been fantastic for us!

As with any RV, it helps to be handy!
Slurugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 12:47 PM   #5

We too enjoy our 2018. It has been to the factory twice for the sidewall repair and I understand what's been learned over all of them is now in the normal build process. Hopefully stops this moving forward. Since the last repair in December 2019 we have not had any issues with the crack returning. We use ours a lot. While not full timers we are close to it.

We have not had any issues with slides or the ground control system. In the extra room we opted to remove the folding bunk and I added some shelf space at the end of the island (there are some posts about that). The layout has been great!
2018 North Point 377RLBH, Roadmaster Comfort Ride, Dexter E-Z Flex Suspension, Flexair 21k Pinbox, Victron MultiPlus II 2x120v 12v, power distribution, solar controller, smart shunt, 1000w of solar panels, 4 Lifepo4 200ah batteries
2017 Ford F350 Lariat CC DRW LB 6.7, Air Lift 7500XL with Air Lift dual channel wireless
bill3kirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 11:26 AM   #6

We purchased a 2016 NP 377RLBH in April of 2017. It was used once by the previous owner. We lived in it FT from April 2016 - Nov 2019. We really love this camper. Living FT and putting more than 15,000 mile on it - we had no significant issues. I am faithful with the PM on it, added CRE3000 and wet bolt kit and fixed a few very minor issues. Just opened it in prep for our first trip and it looks and works like new - Hope that helps
Summitstev is offline   Reply With Quote