Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-25-2019, 08:12 PM   #1

Stuck open BH slide

The bunkhouse slide in my 377RLBH has a problem. When I try to retract it one side is moving quicker than the other causing it to jam halfway closed. I'm hoping there is an adjustment I can make to get the slides working evenly again.

Trust me I'm gonna call the dealer and give them hell but I'd like to get it closed first

Thanks

Vic
Chopperdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2019, 08:17 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chopperdoc View Post
The bunkhouse slide in my 377RLBH has a problem. When I try to retract it one side is moving quicker than the other causing it to jam halfway closed. I'm hoping there is an adjustment I can make to get the slides working evenly again.

Trust me I'm gonna call the dealer and give them hell but I'd like to get it closed first

Thanks

Vic
Try opening it fully...then retract it 3 inches. Repeat about 6 times and then close completely to resink the motors. The motors are out of sink.
Old 01-25-2019, 09:31 PM   #3

I am one to say do as I say and not as I do for I am a big complainer but this is a common problem with the schwintek slides and need to be resinked. After you do it once you will know what and when and it will be 2nd nature. I would not give the dealer hell for it is not their fault!
Progressive EMS Hardwired
Beautiful Wife and Beautiful 11 YO Daughter
Standard Goldendoodle and Miniture Poodledoodle
Kahoneys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2019, 08:01 AM   #4

I agree with the responses here. I had a similar problem with the Schintek slides on my Pinnacle. I was ready to take it to the dealer when I got help on this forum on how to re-sync the motors. I later found the instructions in the manual. I agree it is not the dealer’s fault. There are so many things that cause two motors to get out of sync. The number one cause is user error of not keeping the button pressed while extending or retracting until the motor stops. This is what happened to me.
ETCrockett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2019, 09:55 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookemdanno View Post
Try opening it fully...then retract it 3 inches. Repeat about 6 times and then close completely to resink the motors. The motors are out of sink.
I had the same issue and do exactly what boomemdanno and it works.
csper29605 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2019, 10:53 AM   #6

If it happens again I would get under it while fully extended. Clean the rails as needed, lube and inspect for blockages, bent areas or other physical problems.

The motors are like everything else on RVs, just enough to get the job done when brand new. Adding blockages, lack of lube or other things to their work load is not a good idea.

On the inside, watch for other problems blocking it from closing such as throw rugs, carpeting in the works, woodwork along the path in the way. Any signs of rubbing are an indication of a problem that needs to be looked into.
200 Watts solar panels from Renogy

Prev. '14 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland, gas 3.6 V6
RogerR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2019, 11:33 AM   #7

Slide now working properly

Thanks to everyone that chimed in.

I called the dealer and spoke with the manager. He told me that every time the slide is fully extended the switch should be held until the motor stops whining. He said when the noise changes pitch the motors are realigned. I was definitely guilty of letting off the switch too soon. After a couple of extend/retract cycles the motors aligned and the slide operated properly.

Vic
Chopperdoc is offline   Reply With Quote