Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 12-19-2017, 10:12 AM   #1

Support and Service

What are your opinions on Jayco warranty support and service? I know all RVs will have problems and I expect them to. However, when I drop close to 100k on something, I'd like to feel comfortable the warranty and company will fix what needs to be fixed.
I am intrigued by the "2-year warranty". My current FR product required extended warranty and thank god. GD is known for backing their products. In fact, the VP of Marketing monitors the owner's forum and hands out his cell number.
I am interested in hearing from current owners of the Pinnacle and Northpoint line as those are the two lines I am considering. TIA
JeffNJenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 10:21 AM   #2

Your warranty service from JAYCO will only be as good as your dealer. With our 2015 PINNACLE we had 2 a/c, heat-pump units replaced with one done at FT WILDERNESS and JAYCO covered it 100%. Our other issues were also covered expeditiously. One problem the dealer even sent their mobile tech out and JAYCO covered it all.

There are many posts where, when the customer followed up with JAYCO, they found out the dealer never ordered parts, but blamed JAYCO for the delay.
Old 12-19-2017, 10:25 AM   #3

I don't own a Pinnacle or Northpoint, but since you're asking about the Jayco warranty the model really doesn't (shouldn't) matter.

If you read posts here, you'll find it's the DEALER that truly makes the difference in warranty support and service:
Some dealers are great regardless of where you buy your trailer.
Some dealers are great IF you buy from them.
And, unfortunately, there are some dealers are poor regardless of where you buy your unit.
Full timing: Some will think you're crazy, some will be envious, just enjoy the freedom!
oldmanAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 10:29 AM   #4

What they ^^^^ said pretty much sums it up! BTW, I love my North Point
Old 12-19-2017, 10:43 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanAZ View Post
I don't own a Pinnacle or Northpoint, but since you're asking about the Jayco warranty the model really doesn't (shouldn't) matter.

If you read posts here, you'll find it's the DEALER that truly makes the difference in warranty support and service:
Some dealers are great regardless of where you buy your trailer.
Some dealers are great IF you buy from them.
And, unfortunately, there are some dealers are poor regardless of where you buy your unit.
Thanks for the reply. Having dealt with FR. I can say without a doubt it's not always the dealer. If you can even get someone on the phone or to return a call. FR has been a joke. Our current dealer is okay, if we stay on them. But in the cases where the owner needs to speak to the OEM, good luck. I am looking for service that matches my investment.
JeffNJenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 12:40 PM   #6

We had great service during our two year warranty, but we were fortunate to have a really good dealer. From what I’ve read on this forum that’s they key to being a happy camper. Odds are you’ll have some issues but your dealer should be a help, not a hindrance in resolving them.

2014 Greyhawk 31FK
2007 Honda Shadow Sabre 1100cc
NC Roamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 06:30 PM   #7

I just ended my 2 year warranty on my Pinnacle. Overall, I was fairly pleased with Jayco in the numerous things that happened with mine. I won't revisit them all here. You can check my other posts. I do agree with others - my purchase dealer was my big complaint. But don't think you must use the dealer where you purchased to do any warranty work. I used two other dealers for some of the work plus one body shop 4 hours away recommended by Jayco.
Old 12-19-2017, 09:00 PM   #8

Please keep in mind that Jayco was purchased by Thor Industries in mid 2016. Since that time many new owners of Jayco products have voiced dissatisfaction with their ability to obtain satisfactory warranty repairs.

Many on this site who've voiced their opinions on the great warranty repairs have units that were purchased far previous to Thor's takeover. When Jayco was a privately held company they had a stellar reputation, the reason I ordered a 2018.

My personal experience with Jayco and warranty repairs has been a very frustrating experience, one that took 4 full months to correct and ended only after attorneys became involved.

As for dealerships, there are definitely bad and good ones, but the dealership shouldn't have to foot the bill for poor quality workmanship or components.
Old 12-20-2017, 08:06 AM   #9

I purchased my 2016 Pinnacle in January 2017. So it was built by Jayco but the warranty is being executed by Thor. I have not had a single warranty claim denied or not covered by Jayco. The CW where I bought my unit started out kinda rocky in the Service department, but with new management they have really turned their performance around. I agree with the others a good dealer makes all the difference in the world. I also believe part of having good experiences also belongs to us as the RV owners. We have to remember this is not a car or a piece of electronics that we take in for same day service. This is a house on wheels. Repairs do take time and it is not possible for dealers to stock all the parts that could possible break for every unit they sale. If we make an attempt to manage our expectations, we can avoid a lot of undo stress. Research your local dealers like you do your RV and remember Jayco will authorize repairs from other repair shops and not just the original dealer. Just make sure you talk to the repair shop and Jayco first before taking your RV to someone other than your Jayco dealer.
RVing all my life......1st Jayco
ETCrockett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 11:57 AM   #10

We have a 2016 Pinnacle and the only major problem so far was the residential refrigerator. It was repaired countless times for over a year and would work great for a month or so and then start warming up again. I made the mistake of contacting Frigidaire instead of Jayco. After a year I did contact Jayco and refrigerator was replaced immediately..........
So far the new one has worked flawlessly.

The dealer we bought from I will never go back to for anything.

Jayco does stand behind their products and I believe you will be happy with the products.
jasum is offline   Reply With Quote