Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-12-2018, 09:43 AM   #1

Suspension question

Hi, I have a 2018 eaglr HT rsts fifth wheel . It has the Morride 3000 equalizers and the lippert correct track kit ( needed to raise the 5th so it would tow level) . Is there any maintenance to do on anything like oilling the bushings ? Does anyone know is the new rigs come with the never fail bushings?
hyperactive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2018, 02:47 PM   #2

You are going to need to climb under it and see if there is any grease fittings..............
jasum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2018, 03:39 PM   #3

Never heard of OE using neverfail bushings. Some higher end units offer wet bolts suspension as optional or standard. Most manufacturers just use dry bolts and plastic bushings.
Nothing you can do to the OE plastic bushings but replace them or upgrade them.

Earl
Line-X premium
Mopar wheel to wheel steps
Mopar_Earl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2018, 05:07 PM   #4

No grease fittings, I think I will replace them at the end of the year, it is new. What do you think is better the never where out ones or the greasable ones?
hyperactive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2018, 05:31 PM   #5

MORryde wet bolts / greasable.

Someone posted not long ago about the never fail lippert bushings failing like any other. I’m sticking to wet bolts and bushings.
2015 Jayco Jay Flight 28BHBE (#8)
BigJohnD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2018, 09:00 AM   #6

We have the same trailer as you and picked it up in July 2017. Ours has the 16-inch tires and after picking it up I moved the shackle hangers to the longest setting to get a little lift at the trailer rear. We then pulled it from MN to CO on its first trip and put on roughly 3,000 - 3,500 miles. I checked the bushings after returning home. The factory uses plastic bushings that have no built-in way to lubricate. After removing the shackles I found the rear axle bushing were totally wore out already. The front axle bushings were better but showed some wear. I installed the Correct Track and replaced the all the plastic bushing with bronze bushings. I lubricated them well with grease before putting it all back together. I also welded in three cross-members to help minimize movement.

We pulled it to Texas to escape the MN winter. Upon returning I disassembled the shackle bolts to inspect the bushings. All bushings were good so I re-greased them and reassembled everything. I noticed a couple of the Correct Track bolts splines weren't holding well to the adjustable octagons which allowed the bolts to twist a little. I didn't like the posibility of the twisting wearing the octagons so tack welded the bolt heads to each of them.

We are heading to Colorado again this year so will inspect again upon return. If there is bushing wear I am going to try the Never Fail bushings.
Old 05-13-2018, 09:06 AM   #7

My previous trailer I did wet bolts with neverfail bushings that I kept greased. I traded it so I don't know how well they were holding up.

Earl
Line-X premium
Mopar wheel to wheel steps
Mopar_Earl is offline   Reply With Quote