Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-27-2019, 12:37 PM   #1

swapping out table for dinette

with out having seen an installed dinette in the trailer, what is actually holding it in place in the slide?

we are looking a a new 5th, actually new old stock sitting at a dealer. they want it gone and we like everything except the free standing table. Im thinking about sourcing a dinette and doing a swap but wanted to see if anything would catch me off guard.. I am assuming its simply a few brackets into either the floor or wall just to help steady the booth.

anyone have done a swap on their own and run into anything out of the expected range?

were hoping to get back to the dealership this weekend and have a look around at some other models and see if i can figure it out.

maybe we can get them to swap it for us as part of the deal, but in case that doesnt work ill do it myself.
Old 11-27-2019, 12:40 PM   #2

It is screwed to the floor of the slide. Mine had 4 screws. I kept mine but flipped it so it's long ways instead of sticking out into the walkway.
Old 11-27-2019, 12:43 PM   #3

Work out a deal with the dealer to install a booth. They can source all the correct needed items from Jayco in the correct colors.
They are secured to the floor and wall.

Earl
Line-X premium
Mopar wheel to wheel steps
Mopar_Earl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2019, 01:50 PM   #4

Not sure which model your looking at but we tried to change out the dinette for a booth and it would not fit, it would hit the island when the slide was closed. FYI

CURT FACTORY ball with the Andersen hitch
Ringneks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2019, 07:03 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justlkn View Post
It is screwed to the floor of the slide. Mine had 4 screws. I kept mine but flipped it so it's long ways instead of sticking out into the walkway.
Did you turn the table sideways? We have been debating this as we seldom use the table to eat at. It’s more of a place to use as a work station. Do you by chance have a pic?

Cheers.
Old 11-27-2019, 07:27 PM   #6

I have a dinette booth that anyone can have free. Come get it....
Old 11-27-2019, 07:52 PM   #7

We preferred the table so that you can move chairs further back from the table. As I get older and bigger it gets harder and harder to get into the booth. We had to have the dealer special order 2 more chairs so that we can have a set of 4 but so glad we have the table.
Progressive EMS Hardwired
Beautiful Wife and Beautiful 11 YO Daughter
Standard Goldendoodle and Miniture Poodledoodle
Kahoneys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2019, 08:03 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by OCBray View Post
Did you turn the table sideways? We have been debating this as we seldom use the table to eat at. It’s more of a place to use as a work station. Do you by chance have a pic?

Cheers.
We did turn it sideways. Works great now and out of the walkway. Here are a few pics. Disregard the orange table cloth. We were in between Halloween and Christmas lol
Attached Thumbnails
85A8F16B-46D9-4BF2-BABC-398F694C742D.jpg   CE0D3169-8A9E-4D11-BFC3-451DFC6AFBE9.jpg  
Justlkn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2019, 12:30 AM   #9

were looking at a 347bhok, with 2 kids at 4 and 9 a booth will better suit our needs. were going back to the dealership this weekend so we'll see if we can get a booth put in as part of the deal. I am also kinda hoping to get the 2 recliners swapped out for a couch. well see how persuasive my wife can be.
Old 11-28-2019, 08:26 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justlkn View Post
We did turn it sideways. Works great now and out of the walkway. Here are a few pics. Disregard the orange table cloth. We were in between Halloween and Christmas lol
TY this looks like the configuration we were thinking. Thanks again for the pics.

Cheers and happy holidays.
Old 12-13-2019, 01:15 PM   #11

the wife has been taking to the dealer and it looks like if we go with the trailer they will be willing to do the swap for us. they say its a $1500 cost they will eat. she also mentioned she wants a warm bay to do an extensive PDI on all systems (since its winter up here)

"oh,we've already done a pdi everything works great"

she will have us camping in their parking lot if she gets her way. I am so glad she has this ability, i am not a people person....
Old 12-13-2019, 01:58 PM   #12

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by biohazard View Post
the wife has been taking to the dealer and it looks like if we go with the trailer they will be willing to do the swap for us. they say its a $1500 cost they will eat. she also mentioned she wants a warm bay to do an extensive PDI on all systems (since its winter up here)

"oh,we've already done a pdi everything works great"

she will have us camping in their parking lot if she gets her way. I am so glad she has this ability, i am not a people person....

I WAS a "people person", then people ruined it!

2021 Coachmen Freelander 29KB
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
NSA Ready Brute Elite II tow bar
Springhook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2019, 09:45 AM   #13

Do not let them talk you out of a full day self PDI. Do not sign any paperwork until you perform your own self PDI. Tell them you will need power and water connections. Will save you a lot of hassle later as you WILL find things wrong. Especially look for cosmetic issues as those won't be covered once you sign off. Also floor noises are almost impossible to get covered after you sign off. They typically fix items as you find them. If not, do not sign off until the items are repaired or fully documented that they will repair it.

Earl
Line-X premium
Mopar wheel to wheel steps
Mopar_Earl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2020, 04:08 PM   #14

I know it has been a while...but do you still have the booth dinette? If so could you post some pics? Thank you...
Honeysuckle Campers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2020, 04:10 PM   #15

Booth Dinette

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverman View Post
I have a dinette booth that anyone can have free. Come get it....
I know it has been a while...but do you still have the booth dinette? If so could you post some pics? Thank you...
Honeysuckle Campers is offline   Reply With Quote