Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-07-2018, 01:49 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsayler View Post
We bot a 377RLBH from them at the end of last year and paid them to deliver it 4 hours away (we don't have a big enough tow vehicle).

They were unable to complete some of the clean up repairs prior to their promised delivery date but told us they would have a mobile tech come down and finish the work. But getting them out has proven difficult.

I am wondering if anyone else has had similar issues with them?

thanks

Van Sayler

We bought our Alante through Tampa RV. Yes, there has been a few minor warranty issues but I feel as if they have been pretty good. They have sent a mobile tech out to me which is much better than me having to go all the way over there. Most of the stuff has been fixed and what hasn't is because we are waiting on parts.
baslert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 05:14 PM   #22
GJB

Terrible service. They lied for 2 months about waiting for parts when in fact they never ordered them. I went to Jayco with a long list of complaints and Jayco let me go to a local dealer. I have to pay out of pocket but have never had a problem getting reimbursed.
Run away from this dealership as fast as you can, The low ball price is not worth the aggravation of dealing with these unscrupulous people.
GJB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 07:04 PM   #23

I have a similar story im going to post also please post reviews on google maps and yelp they have a ton of people asking questions
Quote:
Originally Posted by GJB View Post
Terrible service. They lied for 2 months about waiting for parts when in fact they never ordered them. I went to Jayco with a long list of complaints and Jayco let me go to a local dealer. I have to pay out of pocket but have never had a problem getting reimbursed.
Run away from this dealership as fast as you can, The low ball price is not worth the aggravation of dealing with these unscrupulous people.
2019 - Jayco - JayFeather SLX 174BH
enri1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 09:05 AM   #24

So, I've been experiencing the same issue with you. I bought in October. One part didn't work so they said they ordered it. The warranty person left and another one came in. They said it was ordered but it wasn't. Then another person came in and said the part came in. Anyway, the mechanic came out to do warranty work and said that the part never came in. I called the warranty person and they said it was never ordered. Finally, I think it has been ordered and I'm waiting for it to arrive. Honestly, I think the turnover has been an issue.
baslert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 07:29 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by baslert View Post
So, I've been experiencing the same issue with you. I bought in October. One part didn't work so they said they ordered it. The warranty person left and another one came in. They said it was ordered but it wasn't. Then another person came in and said the part came in. Anyway, the mechanic came out to do warranty work and said that the part never came in. I called the warranty person and they said it was never ordered. Finally, I think it has been ordered and I'm waiting for it to arrive. Honestly, I think the turnover has been an issue.
I think turnover in general is an issue in the industry, my previous Trailer was warrantee serviced in a shop in Key Largo called Holiday RV and their turn over was insane, after a week or so they would get new people in. This shop took 8 months to get my trailer out, I forgive 30 days of that since it was the hurricane that stopped everything but wow Jayco suggested I go to them again but they dont take warrantee repairs.
2019 - Jayco - JayFeather SLX 174BH
enri1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 08:46 AM   #26

Bought our motorhome at the show in Tampa this January from Tampa RV (RV one). Nice as could be in sales process, demo drive process and pick up PDI process.

Had a list of items needing service that were written up during PDI process. I live 5 hours away and stopped there last month while passing through to check on status of parts. While there we set an appointment for last week that was to knock out my issues. They made a big deal that due to construction I would need to be willing to travel back in a day or two to get it once repairs were done.

So, we do our Disney trip last week and I drive over to Tampa on the appointment drop off day and they look at me like I’m crazy and ask why I’m there. I indicate I set an appointment with them a month ago and they say no record of it. They ask who I set it with and I respond to the person I’m speaking to that it was with her and set in person. They were to call me if anything changed but otherwise show up for the appointment.

Next they indicate they only have two of my 10 or more parts in from jayco and the rest are on order. Then they say that about 5 more things on the list were marked pending tech review before they could order parts. One of the items they already temporarily fixed during PDI. As I’m complaining, they don’t show any empathy and ask what I want to do. I say, install the two parts you have while I wait and I’ll drive it home. Then I say cancel the rest of the stuff and I’ll contact jayco direct (which I plan to start working on this weekend)

Only when the repair tech got started about 2 hours later (nice guy by the way) did he volunteer that PDI repairs are completely separate than service/warranty stuff and that most of my list wouldn’t be submitted for warranty until service inspected now. So for 4 months I’ve thought parts were on order for a one trip fix it all and nothing has been in the works. It is odd that they did order 2 parts but none of the others.

Regardless if they would just communicate things better it wouldn’t have been a big deal to me as our issues were mostly cosmetic. Just aggravating. I probably won’t be back for service though due to distance.
txbonds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 11:33 AM   #27
GJB

Deal directly with Jayco. They are totally aware about how lame RV One is. Find a local shop you are comfortable with and insist your work be done there and have Jayco reimburse you.
A 2 year warranty is worthless if you can't get things fixed that should never have left the factory or dealership.
Old 05-24-2018, 11:47 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by GJB View Post
Deal directly with Jayco. They are totally aware about how lame RV One is. Find a local shop you are comfortable with and insist your work be done there and have Jayco reimburse you.
A 2 year warranty is worthless if you can't get things fixed that should never have left the factory or dealership.
I will. Already had to do that on our rear AC that was dead on arrival. Just need time to gather pictures and info to submit my written claim/request to them for warranty parts. So far, jayco direct has been great to deal with.
txbonds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 04:34 PM   #29
GJB

My experience dealing with Jayco directly has been great. My only complaint is the quality of the product coming off the line.
When making a purchase this big that you have dreamed about for years, it's easy to overlook things until they break. Some of these problems should never happen. A little quality control would go a long way instead of "ship it and we'll fix it IF the customer complains".
Old 05-25-2018, 06:30 AM   #30

Nothing good to say about TampRVONe. I bought my new unit through the RVOne webiste. Was delivered, prep(ed), issues handled but took FOREVER.

Now that all post delivery issues are finished, I have cut any ties with this dealer and I only go through CampingWorld of Bartow to handle any of my repair issues.