Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-31-2015, 06:24 PM   #1
jtw

Tank configuration

I have a 345BHTS does anyone know how the gray and black tanks are configured? I think my outside kitchen sink is plumbed to the kitchen/ft.bathroom gray tank. Not sure why they don't plumb it to the rear gray tank that tie's into the rear 1/2 bath. I can't believe Jayco couldn't Y the rear gray tank to the rear black tank, the two discharge caps are right next to each other. Really disappointed with some of the stupid things I've come across in the month I have had the camper.
Old 05-31-2015, 07:19 PM   #2

Send JAYCO your vin number. They will probably send you a diagram.
arkhillbilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 05:26 AM   #3

I have a similar layout in your unit having 2 bathrooms and the ODK. On my unit the rear bath grey and ODK sink are in the same tank. Kitchen has it's own grey tank and front shower, sink are on their own as well as black.

To confirm I simply opened one grey at a time and had someone turn on the sinks one at time while hooked up at a CG. I did this on empty tanks.

My last unit had one cleanout pipe for all the tanks which was nice. Having 2 is double the work and parts to carry. Perhaps there is something in the way of the pipe for a proper connection of the 2 tanks.

2014 375 BHFS Eagle Premier
2014 Ram 3500 Longhorn DRW CC
6.7 CTD, Aisin, 4.10's
Yamaha EF3000iSEB
3'senough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 01:38 PM   #4

The outdoor kitchen and back bathroom sink share a gray that is located at the very rear of the unit. The other two Gray tanks both empty out the main port at the front of the trailer as well as the front bathroom black. I figured all this out the hard way......
bfurry78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 01:40 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3'senough View Post
I have a similar layout in your unit having 2 bathrooms and the ODK. On my unit the rear bath grey and ODK sink are in the same tank. Kitchen has it's own grey tank and front shower, sink are on their own as well as black.

To confirm I simply opened one grey at a time and had someone turn on the sinks one at time while hooked up at a CG. I did this on empty tanks.

My last unit had one cleanout pipe for all the tanks which was nice. Having 2 is double the work and parts to carry. Perhaps there is something in the way of the pipe for a proper connection of the 2 tanks.
The 345 actually has three different outlets.....Its a real pain in figuring out how to dump.....
bfurry78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 02:22 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfurry78 View Post
The 345 actually has three different outlets.....Its a real pain in figuring out how to dump.....
Wow! That is overkill. There has to be a way to mod that into a y.

2014 375 BHFS Eagle Premier
2014 Ram 3500 Longhorn DRW CC
6.7 CTD, Aisin, 4.10's
Yamaha EF3000iSEB
3'senough is offline   Reply With Quote