Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-08-2020, 10:57 AM   #1

Exclamation Tank sensors not reading on BMPRO JAYCOMMAND panel

Anyone have a solution to resolving an issue on tank sensors not reading ? Have a 2020 Northpoint with the JAYCOMMAND touch panel. Fresh water tank shows triangle warning sign and reading empty, which it is empty, and grey and black tank sensors will not read any level. Checked fuses, have done a firmware update on the system. Wondering if it’s a wire issue under the belly of unit ? Any suggestions ?
bshivers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2020, 10:42 PM   #2

I had a similar problem, but the fix was simple. It was plugged into the wrong port on the module. Behind the JAYCOMMAND controller is the module where all the inputs/outputs route. It’s the same module for all RVs that use the BM Pro JAYCOMMAND. My temperature sensor that controlled the A/C was plugged into the A/C 2 slot when it should have been plugged into the A/C 1 slot (my RV only has one A/C). My outside temperature sensor wasn’t reading either. After looking at their wiring connection, I figured I’d just cut theirs off and do my own splice, and it worked.

Hopefully your fix is as “easy” as mine was.

Question for you: is your JAYCOMMAND still powered even when you remove the key from the battery disconnect switch?
DBC130JPilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2020, 10:46 PM   #3

Oh BTW, you can’t see the module. You have to access it. Mine was easy because it was right behind the JAYCOMMAND controller (attached) behind a panel in a storage compartment. You can see what the module looks like on the BM Pro website
DBC130JPilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2020, 07:42 AM   #4

I had a discussion with the electrical engineer at Jayco for our unit and yes the BMPRO is powered with the disconnect off! He explained that the optional tire pressure sensors needed to be displayed in the tow vehicle. I stated that they would be killing batteries and when you are towing you are plugged in so the unit would be normally powered up. Dumb dumb... Mine has been rewired not to do that. Producing a battery killing function for a optional item, when everyone will be storing, their RV is beyond reason. IMO
Mike Owens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2022, 08:53 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by bshivers View Post
Anyone have a solution to resolving an issue on tank sensors not reading ? Have a 2020 Northpoint with the JAYCOMMAND touch panel. Fresh water tank shows triangle warning sign and reading empty, which it is empty, and grey and black tank sensors will not read any level. Checked fuses, have done a firmware update on the system. Wondering if it’s a wire issue under the belly of unit ? Any suggestions ?
Did you ever get this resolved? If so... how? Just had a tech replace the Jaycommand board and now all the tanks always read empty
Smabernethy is offline   Reply With Quote