Jayco RV Owners Forum
 


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 03-07-2016, 01:23 PM   #21
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Howard city, MI
Posts: 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by tularockstar View Post
Looking at your second picture it looks like your a bit nose-low. Which, is good in a way. I'm assuming you'll try to level your rig with pin box and hitch adjustments? I wished ours was more nose low than nose high. Nonetheless, we love our 29.5 and looking forward spend more nights camping! Congratulations!
Actually in the second picture the back tires of the truck are sitting in a hole like a storm drain dip. The whole setup is surprisingly level.
__________________

__________________
Jason
------------
2016 Eagle HT 29.5bhds
2003 Silverado 1500hd, 6.0, 4x4
Camping_J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 03:28 PM   #22
Senior Member
 
tularockstar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Queen Creek
Posts: 347
Very nice to have your set up leveled. For those of us with the 3/4 ton trucks, it seems being nose high will be the norm. It's time for a sub frame.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camping_J View Post
Actually in the second picture the back tires of the truck are sitting in a hole like a storm drain dip. The whole setup is surprisingly level.
__________________

__________________
U.S. Air Force (1979 to 1994)
2016 Jayco 29.5BHDS
2015 Ram 2500 (6.7L Cummins Diesel)
Queen Creek, Arizona
tularockstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2016, 05:48 AM   #23
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Howard city, MI
Posts: 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aero_Dave View Post
Looks great. We will be heading out to get our new 29.5 soon as well. Just wondering, did you get the 16" wheel upgrade on your's and what is your bed-rail height? Just hoping my TV will not cause the camper to be nose-high.

Thanks,
Dave...
So last night I took some measurements of my TV and FW both sitting on level ground. I opened my tailgate and from the ground to the top of the tailgate is 36 inches, my hitch from the bed to the top of the hitch is 16 inches. So all together my hitch plate is 52 inches off the ground. the bed rails are at 57 inches off the ground. Next I went to the FW and measured from the ground to the kingpin and it is at about 49 inches which is good because when I hook up the truck squats about 2 inches or so. This makes the whole set up level enough for me not to worry about it.
Attached Thumbnails
2016-03-07 18.23.09.jpg  
__________________
Jason
------------
2016 Eagle HT 29.5bhds
2003 Silverado 1500hd, 6.0, 4x4
Camping_J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2016, 09:56 AM   #24
Senior Member
 
Aero_Dave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Boston
Posts: 294
Interesting, so I was now wondering. If us 3/4 Ton truck guys sit too high (about 4-5") would the Anderson Ultimate #3221 hitch work? It's the same model as the #3220, but sits 4" lower.

Dave...
__________________
2013 Ram 2500, 6.7 CTD, CCLB 4x4 in True Blue.
B&W Turnover Ball, Andersen Ultimate Hitch (v2)

2016 Eagle HT 29.5 BHDS Picked-up 4/1/16
2007 Rockwood ROO 21SS - SOLD
Aero_Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2016, 11:54 PM   #25
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Neosho
Posts: 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camping_J View Post
So last night I took some measurements of my TV and FW both sitting on level ground. I opened my tailgate and from the ground to the top of the tailgate is 36 inches, my hitch from the bed to the top of the hitch is 16 inches. So all together my hitch plate is 52 inches off the ground. the bed rails are at 57 inches off the ground. Next I went to the FW and measured from the ground to the kingpin and it is at about 49 inches which is good because when I hook up the truck squats about 2 inches or so. This makes the whole set up level enough for me not to worry about it.
Q: Are the spring shackles on the FW in the upper or lower hole on the bracket? We have an Eagle 28.5 BHXB on order and will be towing with a 4x4 3/4 ton. We requested the springs be in the lower hole, along with the 16" upgrade in hopes of getting it level. Thanks
Krusegroup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2016, 12:19 AM   #26
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 103
Nice! Congrats!
jackofall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2016, 06:11 AM   #27
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Howard city, MI
Posts: 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krusegroup View Post
Q: Are the spring shackles on the FW in the upper or lower hole on the bracket? We have an Eagle 28.5 BHXB on order and will be towing with a 4x4 3/4 ton. We requested the springs be in the lower hole, along with the 16" upgrade in hopes of getting it level. Thanks
The spring shackles are in the upper hole right now.
__________________
Jason
------------
2016 Eagle HT 29.5bhds
2003 Silverado 1500hd, 6.0, 4x4
Camping_J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2016, 06:27 AM   #28
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Neosho
Posts: 56
Thanks! That should help us by being in the 2" lower bracket hole.
Krusegroup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 08:12 PM   #29
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Canton
Posts: 37
Looks great, ours is at the dealer waiting to be picked up. Has anyone ordered an awning shade? What is the height of the awning extended? Feels like spring here already, can't wait to pick up and break her in.
FoxRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 09:06 PM   #30
Member
 
Onefastdaddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Meadow Vista
Posts: 68
Congrats, you're going to love it. We are very happy with ours
__________________

Onefastdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Virginia State Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:03 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2002-2016 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.