Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum
 


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 12-28-2019, 08:08 AM   #41
Senior Member
 
Quantum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: ON
Posts: 757
I installed the safety struts by Mount-n-Lock on my bumper. I carry 2 bikes on a bike rack using this method. 10,000km and going strong.

https://mount-n-lock.com/safetystrut...bumper-failure
__________________
2015 Jayco WhiteHawk 28BHKS Summit Edition
2019 Ford F-150, 4x4, 3.5L Ecoboost, Max Tow
Quantum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2019, 07:14 AM   #42
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: Nashville
Posts: 419
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quantum View Post
I installed the safety struts by Mount-n-Lock on my bumper. I carry 2 bikes on a bike rack using this method. 10,000km and going strong.

https://mount-n-lock.com/safetystrut...bumper-failure
Bumper mounted bike rack? Pictures or link to similar, please.

Also, what is the total weight of the bicycles you carry?

Larry
crockettlarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2020, 01:13 PM   #43
Senior Member
 
Mikayles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: H.B.
Posts: 203
Just an update...our 2020 eagle fifth wheel reciever is rated for 350Ilbs tongue weight and 3500 Ilbs towing. Also has a 4 way pin connector wired in. We use the E-bike specific Overdrive rack.
Mikayles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2020, 01:38 PM   #44
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: Colorado Springs
Posts: 1,012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikayles View Post
Just an update...our 2020 eagle fifth wheel reciever is rated for 350Ilbs tongue weight and 3500 Ilbs towing. Also has a 4 way pin connector wired in. We use the E-bike specific Overdrive rack.
Do you have a link for that one?
madmaxmutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2020, 06:27 PM   #45
Senior Member
 
Mikayles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: H.B.
Posts: 203
Well...don't take my word for it but I do know my hitch is different than the 2019's we were looking at. Mine has the 4 pin harness and loops for safety chains. I saw a video on their website about what had changed for the 2020 models.. the BmPro along with the reciever hitch and a couple other things was mentioned. I went back and for the life of me can't find it. I'll call Jayco and verify and post up what they say.
Mikayles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2020, 07:13 PM   #46
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: Colorado Springs
Posts: 1,012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikayles View Post
Well...don't take my word for it but I do know my hitch is different than the 2019's we were looking at. Mine has the 4 pin harness and loops for safety chains. I saw a video on their website about what had changed for the 2020 models.. the BmPro along with the reciever hitch and a couple other things was mentioned. I went back and for the life of me can't find it. I'll call Jayco and verify and post up what they say.
LOL Sorry, I was talking about the bike rack you chose.
madmaxmutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2020, 07:33 PM   #47
Senior Member
 
Mikayles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: H.B.
Posts: 203
Ohh..lol. Sure.

https://www.amazon.com/Overdrive-Spo...xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==
Mikayles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2020, 08:01 PM   #48
Senior Member
 
Duke4857's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: South/Eastern Oregon
Posts: 1,579
I found the receivers that clamp/bolt on the square tube bumper on many trailers. My question, if you put say 200 pounds of weight on the back bumper of the TT, should you also do something to the tongue weight to balance it out? Just my thinking.

https://www.etrailer.com/dept-pg-RV_...per_Hitch.aspx
Duke4857 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2020, 09:10 PM   #49
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: Colorado Springs
Posts: 1,012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke4857 View Post
I found the receivers that clamp/bolt on the square tube bumper on many trailers. My question, if you put say 200 pounds of weight on the back bumper of the TT, should you also do something to the tongue weight to balance it out? Just my thinking.

https://www.etrailer.com/dept-pg-RV_...per_Hitch.aspx
I believe you would still need to counteract that weight to some extent, but the bigger issue I have with those is the weight rating. They list a weight rating for the add-on, but not what that add-on is attached to. The bumper might be the weak link in the chain, there.
madmaxmutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2020, 11:30 AM   #50
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: Colorado Springs
Posts: 1,012
Anyone ever install a Lippert tray/rack on an Eagle HT?

Has anyone ever installed a (Cougaresque) Lippert rack on a Jayco Eagle HT?



or



While, I am still leaning towards a Swagman, they have remained mostly out of stock since February. I am looking at the rack options, for flexibility of items like the sewage tote along with the bikes. I know Cougars have come with these for years, but the rear structure looks different.
madmaxmutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2020, 11:42 AM   #51
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Beaverton
Posts: 25
I have an Eagle HT 26.5BHs. The bike rack used is an Allen Sports 3-Bike Hitch Racks for 1 1/4 in. and 2 in. hitch from Amazon. Never had any issues.
cgalutera1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2020, 06:26 PM   #52
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: Colorado Springs
Posts: 1,012
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgalutera1 View Post
I have an Eagle HT 26.5BHs. The bike rack used is an Allen Sports 3-Bike Hitch Racks for 1 1/4 in. and 2 in. hitch from Amazon. Never had any issues.
Is that RV fifth wheel rated and do you have a link to it?


PS nm. I see it, but it is only rated at 105lbs. Not enough for the e-bikes.
madmaxmutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2020, 04:49 AM   #53
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: Clute
Posts: 145
Quote:
Originally Posted by TxLoser View Post
Fantastic thread title......

Love the electric bike idea, but curious to hear how others carry them as they are becoming more popular.
We have two rad rider E Bikes. We bought a 4x6 covered Wagon Trailer and I built racks on the floor to hold the wheels of the two bikes. I then added cabinet drawer pulls in certain places on the walls and the floor, which I use to ratchet the bikes down for carry. They ride very well back there and I am able to keep an eye on my little trailer using the back up camera..
1SGPETE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2020, 04:50 PM   #54
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: Colorado Springs
Posts: 1,012
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1SGPETE View Post
We have two rad rider E Bikes. We bought a 4x6 covered Wagon Trailer and I built racks on the floor to hold the wheels of the two bikes. I then added cabinet drawer pulls in certain places on the walls and the floor, which I use to ratchet the bikes down for carry. They ride very well back there and I am able to keep an eye on my little trailer using the back up camera..
What is a "Wagon Trailer"? Pictures?
madmaxmutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2020, 06:20 AM   #55
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2020
Location: Rochester
Posts: 6
RV Rated Bike Rack

We have been using a 1-Up bike rack on the back of our 2020 321 RSTS mounted into the receiver hitch that came on the rig. The manufacturer rates it for RV usage with 2 bikes at less than 50 lbs each. I've towed about 6k miles this year with two full suspension mountain bikes and am very pleased with the rack. No issues whatsoever.
Scott01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2020, 07:30 AM   #56
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: Colorado Springs
Posts: 1,012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott01 View Post
We have been using a 1-Up bike rack on the back of our 2020 321 RSTS mounted into the receiver hitch that came on the rig. The manufacturer rates it for RV usage with 2 bikes at less than 50 lbs each. I've towed about 6k miles this year with two full suspension mountain bikes and am very pleased with the rack. No issues whatsoever.
Link or pics?
madmaxmutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2020, 08:30 AM   #57
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2020
Location: Rochester
Posts: 6
Hopefully this works. This is the rack I am using.



https://www.1up-usa.com/product/2in-...ble-bike-rack/
Scott01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2020, 10:24 AM   #58
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: Colorado Springs
Posts: 1,012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott01 View Post
Hopefully this works. This is the rack I am using.



https://www.1up-usa.com/product/2in-...ble-bike-rack/
Thanks! Any chance you have a picture of that one installed? Trying to figure out the size of the tire loops and distance from the trailer.
madmaxmutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2020, 10:57 PM   #59
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Buffalo
Posts: 21
Swagman...

Swagman E-Spec rated at 70 lbs per bike (only a 2 place rack) and "RV Approved" when you remove the fold lock clevis and replace with a supplied bolt/nut. Used for 2 Ecotric Tornado full suspension mountain bikes @ 55+ lbs each. Nice rack, decent price.
__________________


weezer (retired - yippeeee - engineer)
Wife (Lisa) and 3 great dogs!!!
2018 Ford F350 Lariat diesel 4X4 DRW CC LB with all options and air overloads
2018 Jayco Pinnacle 36KPTS - loaded with options
Ford (Reese) puck mounted 18k hitch
weezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2020, 08:34 AM   #60
Senior Member
 
Northern Wis.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Northwestern Wisconsin
Posts: 153
I use the swagman two bike carrier on the back of the trailer in my sig. mounted in a Reese hitch that was factory installed. The only problem I have is that the handle bars on the bike nearest the trailer are way to close to the trailer rear window. I just loosen the handle bars and turn them parallel to the bike frame.
I've used the swagman for over 20K miles, No problems!
__________________
2008 F250 V10 TorqShift
2014 Eagle HT 26.5RLS
Northern Wis. is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Jayco, Inc. or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:11 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2002-2016 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.