Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-09-2019, 09:45 AM   #1

Thetford’s Sani-Con System

Thinking of adding this Thetford’s Sani-Con System to my fifth wheel. Does anyone have one and what is your opinion? Does it work better than the regular hose in freezing weather?
Mr. Pbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2019, 09:54 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Pbody View Post
Thinking of adding this Thetford’s Sani-Con System to my fifth wheel. Does anyone have one and what is your opinion? Does it work better than the regular hose in freezing weather?
I wouldn't leave home without mine!! So much more easier AND cleaner to deal with. If you have to winterize, just pour RV antifreeze into the hose so it gets down to the macerator pump and you're set. The only time I had to use my regular hose was at a campground that the sewer connection was too far for it to reach. Since then I bought another length of hose ($75) which comes with a coupler and clamps. Both hoses fit perfectly in the box.
2017 RAM 3500 DRW DIESEL/AISIN 4.10 AIR BAGS
B&W COMPANION TURN OVER BALL HITCH
Formerly from Sequim, WA
AKRUEBBE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2019, 10:16 AM   #3

I have one, and use it part of the time. The only drawback I've found (and perhaps it's unique to my trailer) is that when I'm flushing the system, there isn't enough water flow for the Sanicon pump. This causes the breaker to trip. For traveling, it works great. It's amazing the number of parks I've stayed in where it seems as though the dump train is uphill from where the trailer is parked. The pump is the ticket.

Jim
Old 02-09-2019, 11:14 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKRUEBBE View Post
I wouldn't leave home without mine!! So much more easier AND cleaner to deal with. If you have to winterize, just pour RV antifreeze into the hose so it gets down to the macerator pump and you're set. The only time I had to use my regular hose was at a campground that the sewer connection was too far for it to reach. Since then I bought another length of hose ($75) which comes with a coupler and clamps. Both hoses fit perfectly in the box.
I just bought a 2019 Northpoint 383fkws. How do you like yours? Have you ever used it in the winter?
Mr. Pbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2019, 12:08 PM   #5

Thetford Sani-Con System looks like a great idea. Will have to put it on the wish list. I have heard about these before, but never paid much attention to them.

Hmmmmmmm
Duke4857 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2019, 12:57 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Pbody View Post
I just bought a 2019 Northpoint 383fkws. How do you like yours? Have you ever used it in the winter?
Love our North Point.....had only one issue. They had to replace the fireplace. We are trading it in on a 2019 Pinnacle 37 RLWS that we ordered last month. Going full time and wanted one larger than our NP.
Formerly from Sequim, WA
Old 02-09-2019, 01:00 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtdawg View Post
I have one, and use it part of the time. The only drawback I've found (and perhaps it's unique to my trailer) is that when I'm flushing the system, there isn't enough water flow for the Sanicon pump. This causes the breaker to trip. For traveling, it works great. It's amazing the number of parks I've stayed in where it seems as though the dump train is uphill from where the trailer is parked. The pump is the ticket.

Jim
I use it intermittently when flushing the black tank and I've never had it trip a breaker. It has a built in over heating protection but don't know if that protection is merely a circuit breaker.
Formerly from Sequim, WA
Old 02-09-2019, 10:28 PM   #8

We bought a “Sewer Solution” a day after we picked up our first TT. 6-ish years later I still use it and have no complaints other than it is slower than a slinky. I have 3 10’ sections that gives me a 30’ dump range. I can even dump up hill. Google SewerSolution and check them out.

2013 F-350 CC SB 2WD 6.7PS
2013 Eagle Premier 351 RLTS
-SOLD- 2012 X23B
-SOLD- 2003 Ford Expedition 5.4, Bilstein shocks
RedHorse1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 07:14 AM   #9

Instead of having a macerator "on board" all the time, I just bought a FloJet portable macerator setup and use it when I need to either pump out at home or to a portable tote. I can see the value for some in having one built in but for me the portable one works just as well.
Old 02-10-2019, 07:25 AM   #10

We just ordered an Eagle HT with the Sanicon. Wasn't all that much cash relative to the overall cost of the HT and it looks like it may come in handy. What I am wondering is where is it? Our unit only has four storage compartments: the pass through, the front where the batteries go, the propane, and the extra propane. I assume the first three are untouchable so does it go in the extra propane compartment? Also does it take up the entire space?
KillerIsMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 08:18 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerIsMe View Post
We just ordered an Eagle HT with the Sanicon. Wasn't all that much cash relative to the overall cost of the HT and it looks like it may come in handy. What I am wondering is where is it? Our unit only has four storage compartments: the pass through, the front where the batteries go, the propane, and the extra propane. I assume the first three are untouchable so does it go in the extra propane compartment? Also does it take up the entire space?
It is usually located behind it's own locked door in the skirting near the tank valves and main sewer outlet.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=...49894834756535
Old 02-10-2019, 08:59 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by blujay40 View Post
It is usually located behind it's own locked door in the skirting near the tank valves and main sewer outlet.

[/URL]

You know, I looked at every stinking video I could find that mentioned Sanicon but I never checked the Jayco videos Thank you so much for slapping me awake . That's good news - I may never carry a third propane tank but I want that storage space.
KillerIsMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 10:18 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerIsMe View Post
You know, I looked at every stinking video I could find that mentioned Sanicon but I never checked the Jayco videos Thank you so much for slapping me awake . That's good news - I may never carry a third propane tank but I want that storage space.
On my North Point it's in about an 8X8 door just aft of the water heater and just above the sewer outlet. After thinking about it, it will always be located by the main sewer outlet. It's a black door. The compartment it's in is big enough to hold two lengths of the 2 inch hose.
Formerly from Sequim, WA
Old 02-11-2019, 01:34 PM   #14

On my North Point 377, the hose and storage compartment is all the way in the back. The actual pump is at the main sewer connection, then a couple feet of flex hose connects to a long section of black ABS pipe, then back to a flex hose, then to the Sanicon hose.

Tow Rig: 2015 Ford F-450 Platinum, airbags, B&W Companion hitch for factory puck system.
prm99v6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 04:05 PM   #15

So I was looking at the video but do you just dump black tank so what about cleaning the hose out with your gray water, do you just do the black water and put it back and not clean it out or what?
Big1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 04:28 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big1 View Post
So I was looking at the video but do you just dump black tank so what about cleaning the hose out with your gray water, do you just do the black water and put it back and not clean it out or what?
Big1, I pump the black tank first then pump both grey tanks right afterwards. Really cleans out the hose. That website states the hose is 1 1/2 inches in diameter.............on my North Point it's 2 inches in diameter! When I bought an extension for it I ordered the 1 1/2 inch not realizing it is in fact 2 inches.
Formerly from Sequim, WA
Old 02-11-2019, 10:17 PM   #17

Oh okay so you can do everything through the Sani-Con system and not use the other hos, you know your black, and your gray water? Is it worth looking into getting something like this and since ours don't have this can I get it install through the dealer?
Old 02-12-2019, 09:59 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big1 View Post
Oh okay so you can do everything through the Sani-Con system and not use the other hos, you know your black, and your gray water? Is it worth looking into getting something like this and since ours don't have this can I get it install through the dealer?
I would definitely have one installed. The ease and cleanliness of dumping far outweighs the extra cost. From the factory it's $592.00. Probably a couple hundred more from the dealer but I bet Valley would give you a good deal. I'm so very impressed with them so far. They've contacted me about 3 times since I ordered my Pinnacle with updates and have gone above and behind to meet our timeline for delivery.
Formerly from Sequim, WA
Old 02-12-2019, 06:58 PM   #19

Awesome, this is good to know to find good dealer is far and few, I'm having them to install a Maxxair fan so now I will ask them about the sanicon system, thank you sir.