Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-18-2016, 02:24 PM   #1

Third Propane Tank for North Point 377RLBH

I know there is a space for a third tank in a separate outside compartment. Does anyone know what size tank will fit in there?
car007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2016, 02:29 PM   #2

30lb ... I have my 20lb BBQ tank in there
2017 F-350 Platinum CC SRW
klassic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2016, 02:51 PM   #3

Thank you, does that tank just power the outside grill or is it connected to the other two tanks as a backup?
car007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2016, 04:00 PM   #4

Third Propane Tank for North Point 377RLBH

It's not connected to anything. It's really just a storage area for an extra tank. You could plumb it to the others so that you have a greater capacity.
The outside grill is connected to the quick connect under it via the hose that comes with the trailer.

Magnolia Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2016, 05:29 AM   #5

Tom, not to hijack the thread, but I assume you mean the 2 burner setup as part of the kitchenette. How does the "Exterior Gas Grill" hookup? Same hose? Would you need a Y? to have both hooked up? Wife really liked how the included grill and burners on our previous rig fully connected to the propane system.

Also Tom, I'd be interested in your experiences towing the 377 as we have almost literally the same truck and the new rig should show up sometime in late Spring.
jnamadison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2016, 07:20 AM   #6

The exterior cooktop is hooked up using a gas hose with quick connect ends that come with the trailer. The supplied hose has nothing to do with the third tank.
The way they designed the outside kitchen, and where the gas line is, kind of prevents having the cooktop connected to the gas line all the time. That's why they included the hose--to hook it up as you need it. The hose is also used for the grill, if you got that option. (Not sure if you get a second hose with the grill or not, since I don't have the grill option).

My truck tows the trailer just fine. Mines a 2wd with 4.10 gears. The 377 is a big trailer but my previous trailer was the same size so I was already used to pulling something that big. In fact, I pulled it with an 05 F250 with 3.73 gears and it was fine. I just wanted some extra safety and stability. I have air bags on the truck to level out the ride. I've also done a couple of mods to the truck, which help my towing experience. If you've owned a 6.0 for any length of time, you probably know you need some type of gauges to monitor your engines health, a free flowing exhaust (cat delete, straight pipe, or upgrade exhaust system), and handle the egr systems weakness by either deletion or upgrade to a bullet proof unit. Also, get a coolant filter.

Good luck with your new camper. Feel free to ask any questions

Magnolia Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 01:12 PM   #7

jnamadison My Northpoint 351RSTS has two seperate quick connects. One for the stove and one for the grill. I hope the 377 has the same setup for you
metromike is offline   Reply With Quote