Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-06-2018, 09:21 PM   #61

I think the problem is with the dealer and not the warranty. I have replaced multiple schwintek systems through warranty at our shop. Some were even damaged from customer.

Sounds like your dealer’s warranty person is not doing their job.

As a customer you can not just tell your dealer you want parts replaced under warranty. We see this alot!! Awnings come to mind. Not saying you did that. Just posting for others.

At our dealer we get about 90% of warranty claims covered. Small stuff we just do per customer service. All our customers purchased their RV from us. Some stuff we deny the claim without even sending it to Jayco. Had a customer want a waterheater because it froze and broke. Why waist Jaycos time.

A major slide issue like you were having should of had a claim sent to Jayco.

Just one other thing,

Because it happens for you does not mean it happens at the dealer. I absolutly hate this! Just last week a Northpoint came in saying their schwintelk slide gets stuck 1/2 out. They were driving through so I told them I would look at it. I open/closed it 10 times and it worked perfect. Measured all gaps and was in tolerance. Hard to fix if not broken. I showed customer how to sync it if it gets out of sync and gave them my number. Of course they called that night and now only one side moves. (Why couldnt that happen for me at our shop!!) Powe wire to motor was kinked in the slide rail. Customer found it after I explained where to look. Problem was it was the wire that went into motor so he needed a new motor. He drove all the way back for me to replace it. Other Jayco dealers around were scheduling months out. Poor guy drove over 200 miles back just to get it fixed! Licky we had one in stock.

Water leaks are another one we get that customers see but we cant find. I know they seen water under sink but being pressuized for hours trying to make it leak and find nothing sucks! Hate writing; Found no leak. Now they think I am telling them they are lying.

Craftmanship in RVs is non existent. You need to know how to work on an RV if you own one. Sad but true. Even after all the crap I see on the service side, I still purchased a new whithawk.

Bottom line- Dealer is what makes your warranty good or bad. That is why you see so many mixed feelings on Jayco warranty. Guys on this fourm that have good dealers have no probs with warranty issues. Guys with crap dealers have problems with warranty.

For the love of god.... Please empty your RV basements before bringing to dealer. Something customers dont think of. If we are working on water station, your basement panels are comming off. You dont want all your supplies on ground because we had to empty your basement to get panels off. I gurantee they wont be going back in the way they came out. In fact I ask my customers to clean them out before dropping them off, if I know we will be in there.
mia389 is offline   Reply With Quote