Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-08-2018, 09:20 PM   #1

This is how bad Jayco is

I have fought with the kitchen slide on my NorthPoint since I bought it in August of ‘15
After the floor supports bent ...a common problem on early NorthPoints ...the slide has never worked right after. I have brought it to the dealer about 4 times. I kept telling them what I thought was wrong with it (created by the bent floor supports), but they know better. <eye roll>
The last time it was sent back to me unfixed, on the service order the tech wrote “slide works better than most I’ve seen. No action necessary”.
I was still in warranty when I brought it in. Three months later, when I got it back, I wasn’t in warranty.
AGAIN I took it home. On the same day as picked it up I worked the slide...this time it jammed and grinded to a stop.
I took a video of how it works for 6” worth of travel and sent it to the dealer.
Long story short...I need a whole new Schwintek ...Jayco won’t cover it.

To top it all off, while I was still in warranty, the secret button on my furnace kept popping. Anyone who knows, knows what a PITA it is to turn that back on.
Dealer fixed that with warranty (new circuit board put in) ...but I didn’t get the unit back until last spring, and never used the furnace again until last December (out of warranty)
Long story short...it still kept popping the switch...turns out the furnace wasn’t ducted properly and over heating the unit. (I TOLD THEM THAT WAS THE PROBLEM WHEN I BROUGHT IT THE FIRST TIME)...Jayco denied warranty and I have to pay $475
2017 F-350 Platinum CC SRW
klassic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 09:28 PM   #2

Man I’m sorry for you Klassic. Hope you can get your rig back together so you can enjoy it again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Magnolia Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 09:41 PM   #3

Have you contacted Jayco personally about this matter. I would not trust that your so called dealer even contacted Jayco about your slide problem after the warranty. I have heard so many stories where Jayco stepped up and took care of problems well after the warranty was up. I would call, have your VIN handy so they can pull up your file.
Sundancer330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 09:52 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundancer330 View Post
snip.... I would call, have your VIN handy so they can pull up your file.
X2

...... and have all the warranty service related documentation on hand with a timeline.

Bob

2016 GM 2500HD 6.0L/4.10
2018 Jay Flight 24RBS
2002 GM 2500HD 6.0L/4:10 (retired)
2005 Jayco Eagle 278FBS (retired)
1999 Jayco Eagle 246FB (retired)
Reese HP Dual Cam (Strait-Line)
Rustic Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 09:55 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundancer330 View Post
Have you contacted Jayco personally about this matter. I would not trust that your so called dealer even contacted Jayco about your slide problem after the warranty. I have heard so many stories where Jayco stepped up and took care of problems well after the warranty was up. I would call, have your VIN handy so they can pull up your file.
You could be right, but I had a open case with Lippert on the slide issue too.
Lippert denied warranty as well.
This all stems from the floor supports. Jayco only authorized the supports that were BENT to be fixed.
The very first one under the slide that the residential fridge sits on wasn’t bent at that time.
It’s to complicated to explain on here but I have built custom houses for 31 years...I know how to build stuff and can see stuff that isn’t built right. The whole support system under that slide was not built right. There is almost 2’ of cantilevered 1x2 Square tube hanging off the last support and I could see it bowing down. I am the only person who can see it I guess. And that’s why the slide is broken now.
2017 F-350 Platinum CC SRW
klassic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 10:07 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by klassic View Post
You could be right, but I had a open case with Lippert on the slide issue too.
Lippert denied warranty as well.
This all stems from the slide supports. Jayco only authorized the supports that were BENT to be fixed.
The very first one under the slide that the residential fridge sits on wasn’t bent at that time.
It’s to complicated to explain on here but I have built custom houses for 31 years...I know how to build stuff and can see stuff that isn’t built right. The whole support system under that slide was not built right. There is almost 2’ of cantilevered 1x2 Square tube hanging off the last support and I could see it bowing down. I am the only person who can see it I guess. And that’s why the slide is broken now.
Well first off your warranty is through Jayco, no need to talk with Lippert. I hear where your coming from as far as the quality/design of construction goes. I have been a Civil Engineer/Land Developer/Home Builder for over 35 years and I am just amazed what this industry gets away with. If the building industry worked from codes like RIVA puts out we would all be in big trouble. I am on my first TT and it will be my last, I will never invest another dime in the junk produced by this industry.
Sundancer330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 05:41 AM   #7

People have good luck getting things repaired using the action line of trailer life magazine.

I would contact lippert directly about the slide if you have not.

Most warranty issues are due by dealerships. Submitting the wrong info or not enough. Or not bothering to back you. I've even heard of dealers not submitting the claim as they didn't want to do the job. My point, you need to find a good dealer that works with you. A lot of bad dealerships out there. I had to go 3 hours away to get a good Jayco dealer.

Earl
Line-X premium
Mopar wheel to wheel steps
Mopar_Earl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 06:37 AM   #8

Klassic I agree that you should get all your information together and call Jayco now. Have ALL your service records in front of you and tell Jayco you will send them copies if they want.

There have been a lot of post where customers were told by their dealer that Jayco would not take care of something, then find out later dealer never even contacted Jayco.

Good Luck man..........I hope they take care of you.
jasum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 07:04 AM   #9
Site Team

I know you are frustrated. As others have stated, gather your vin and any correspondence you have had with your dealer and call Jayco customer service.

Use a restrained , I know it's hard to do, voice until you find someone who will listen. I have had them fix things on my rig even though out of warranty but clearly a problem from the git go.
They also coordinated with the supplier to get the replacements to me at no charge after I was out of warranty.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 07:18 AM   #10

I'm not clear if you contacted Jayco or not. But when it comes gutters mounted upside down, Heaters improperly installed, too long of screws through vacuum boxes etc., seems like Jayco should jump right on that kind of stuff and correct it. I've heard over and over about those braces and the chronic problems with the 377 slide. Plus they have tried fixing yours mulitple times, I would think Jayco would want to get to the bottom of the problem causing your issue at the very least. As for many service advisors out there, I think many come from fast food joints. When they can't tell me what was has been submitted, what has been done, what is pending, etc. and have no clue that's a big red flag. When I contacted Jayco and nothing was submitted that about summed it up for me.

2014 Ram Dually 6.7 Diesel
2016 North Point 375BHFS
shadester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 07:21 AM   #11

Quote:
Dealer fixed that with warranty (new circuit board put in) ...but I didn’t get the unit back until last spring, and never used the furnace again until last December (out of warranty)
Long story short...it still kept popping the switch...turns out the furnace wasn’t ducted properly and over heating the unit. (I TOLD THEM THAT WAS THE PROBLEM WHEN I BROUGHT IT THE FIRST TIME)...Jayco denied warranty and I have to pay $475
Dealer owes you $475 for bad diagnosis. JAYCO can only cover items based on what the dealer tells them. They do not cover "Dealer stupidity" under the warranty.
Grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 08:20 AM   #12

I also think you need to contact Jayco. Make sure everything you told the dealer, and that they told you is documented. The issue was not fixed from the first time you took made the dealer aware of it. Be clear, but be polite. And don't be afraid to escalate within Jayco if you do not get the answer you are looking for.
DocBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 10:05 AM   #13

Would not waste much time with phone calls.Jayco plays the good cop bad cop routine between dealers and manufactures all the time.We are sending a certified letter to the President of Jayco this week.Sent a letter off to Trailer Life about two weeks ago.Some 15 pages of documentation.Titled letter Jayco 2 Year Warrant Good Luck.We are 29 months into ownership of a 16 Eagle.Suspension bushings are trashed, need two axles and about a half a dozen other items. Hang in there! If you have a video post it on U Tube that seems to get Jayco's attention.
Attached Thumbnails
Cactus 011.jpg  
bdreinv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 10:43 AM   #14

Quote:
I have fought with the kitchen slide on my NorthPoint since I bought it in August of ‘15
After the floor supports bent ...a common problem on early NorthPoints ...the slide has never worked right after. I have brought it to the dealer about 4 times. I kept telling them what I thought was wrong with it (created by the bent floor supports), but they know better. <eye roll>
The last time it was sent back to me unfixed, on the service order the tech wrote “slide works better than most I’ve seen. No action necessary”.
I was still in warranty when I brought it in. Three months later, when I got it back, I wasn’t in warranty.
AGAIN I took it home. On the same day as picked it up I worked the slide...this time it jammed and grinded to a stop.
I took a video of how it works for 6” worth of travel and sent it to the dealer.
Long story short...I need a whole new Schwintek ...Jayco won’t cover it.

To top it all off, while I was still in warranty, the secret button on my furnace kept popping. Anyone who knows, knows what a PITA it is to turn that back on.
Welcome to the CLUB! I concur contacting Jayco directly, we got our leveling system replaced out of warranty for the 4 th time in 2.5 years. Got the same junk again however. As for your slide.....
Attached Thumbnails
20160520_205455480_iOS.jpg  
2015 Jayco Sesimic 4212 Extreme Weather Package, Dual Pane Windows, Side and rear Patios, 480 watt Zamp Solar Pkg, 6 - 6 volt AGM batteries, Residential Fridge, custom Dishwasher, 5500 watt Onan and lot of problems.
https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/m...albums843.html Check this out.
https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f...s-34672-3.html
Loboclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 11:15 AM   #15

First thing, this is here say but, I was told by an former very disgruntled service tech who had quit Camping World that they are all required to do a mandatory amount of warranty work and the do not get paid while doing so. IF this is true and IF this is all or most dealers policies I can imagine bad apples ignoring real problems to push them out of warranty. I'm not hijacking your thread but does anyone know if this is true? This does not sound like a good business practice, and good luck with your fight!
"Gonna buy a home on wheels see
how it feels going mobile"
mothernaturesson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 11:18 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdreinv View Post
Would not waste much time with phone calls.Jayco plays the good cop bad cop routine between dealers and manufactures all the time..
As I've said before I have to totally disagree. In over 16 yrs of owning JAYCO units I have never had an issue with warranty repairs. With our 2015 PINNACLE JAYCO covered 2 mobile air cond repairs, one was a total replacement, while were on the road without any hesitation. Dealers are usually the weak link.
Grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 11:36 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by mothernaturesson View Post
First thing, this is here say but, I was told by an former very disgruntled service tech who had quit Camping World that they are all required to do a mandatory amount of warranty work and the do not get paid while doing so. IF this is true and IF this is all or most dealers policies I can imagine bad apples ignoring real problems to push them out of warranty. I'm not hijacking your thread but does anyone know if this is true? This does not sound like a good business practice, and good luck with your fight!
Not true, Camping World charges the published shop labor rate for all warranty work submitted to Jayco. I retired from Camping World sales and as exited bought the biggest Jayco lemon ever to come down the line.
2015 Jayco Sesimic 4212 Extreme Weather Package, Dual Pane Windows, Side and rear Patios, 480 watt Zamp Solar Pkg, 6 - 6 volt AGM batteries, Residential Fridge, custom Dishwasher, 5500 watt Onan and lot of problems.
https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/m...albums843.html Check this out.
https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f...s-34672-3.html
Loboclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 11:37 AM   #18

Grumpy believe me I wish we had your good experience!Two new fivers since 2006 Holiday Rambler and now 2016 Eagle. Nothing has changed for us, same garbage!
Attached Thumbnails
Sunset Mtn..jpg  
Old 03-09-2018, 12:12 PM   #19

My final thought: I remember talking to Jayco prior to my warranty expiration. They said make sure everything has been documented and is in our system prior to your warranty expiration. So I made sure of that. I took it as after the fact your on your own. With that being said, I think your in a much better position with them if a issue was worked and not corrected properly. I will be dealing directly with Jayco next month. Hopefully, I will praising them instead of crying the blues. Either way, I'll have first and experience.

2014 Ram Dually 6.7 Diesel
2016 North Point 375BHFS
shadester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 03:15 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadester View Post
My final thought: I remember talking to Jayco prior to my warranty expiration. They said make sure everything has been documented and is in our system prior to your warranty expiration. So I made sure of that. I took it as after the fact your on your own. With that being said, I think your in a much better position with them if a issue was worked and not corrected properly. I will be dealing directly with Jayco next month. Hopefully, I will praising them instead of crying the blues. Either way, I'll have first and experience.
Shadester the Jayco loop hole is this.If you count on the dealer to document all your stuff.May be the did may be they did not.Caught two dealers in Arizona only documenting they items they wanted to repair.Example nearly two years for a complete roof replacement.dealers were not informing Jayco.I would double check with Jayco to make sure they have everything.Email works great!Let us know how you are progressing!
Attached Thumbnails
100_0357.1584.jpg