Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-30-2015, 10:52 AM   #1

This is my story and, ...........

On October 6th, wife and I took delivery of our new 2015 Pinnacle 36FBTS. All has been really good with warranty repairs by the dealer and Jayco Customer Service. All minor things except for an issue I found while cleaning the roof this last Wednesday.
I found good sized voids in the self leveling caulk in the rear cap transition at the roof.

On Thursday morning, I took several pictures of those voids and sent those to Jayco as instructed by the rep. The rep said that I will get a call back as soon as they had studied the pictures and arrived at a solution.

I then took the unit to a repair facility in Lagrange, IN I use for non warranty repair and maintenance work. The place is called Indiana Interstate Enterprises. I was purchasing Dometic slide room toppers for the unit and asked them to take a look at the situation and report back. By the end of the day yesterday and, after using one complete tube of self leveling.....the issue was repaired.

This morning, not 24 hours after I sent the pictures to Jayco, I get a call from a service rep. He apologized for not doing the job that should have been done on the production line back in April when it was built. After a brief discussion, he advised me that when I pay and receive a copy of the invoice from Indiana Interstate Enterprises, he wanted a copy scanned and emailed to his attention. He would then follow thru with procedures to reimburse me for that cost.

After our last experience with the 2015 SOB we traded in for this Pinnacle, the RV gods are once again smiling upon wife and I!!!

........I'm stickin' to it!
dalengail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 12:28 PM   #2

Great outcome - exactly what we expect when the evidence is clear.
2017 RZR for the rainy days n muddy roads
Stingray75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 01:52 PM   #3

Glad you are having a great outcome
fielro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 02:18 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stingray75 View Post
Great outcome - exactly what we expect when the evidence is clear.
Which probably happens more often than is posted here.

That has always been my experience as well.
Grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 02:45 PM   #5

I need to add that, when we was doing the walk thru at delivery, the tech and I both inspected the roof. We found one very small void where we could see it stretching thin just enough to start splitting. That was approximately 6 months after construction thru the summer, he applied more self leveling to that area.

The voids I took pictures of developed since delivery due to the very skimpy amount originally installed at the factory. Thank God, we didn't have much rain during the first 2 or 3 weeks of ownership because, it appears that very little, if any internal damage had occurred.

If it turns out later there is internal damage, Jayco has pictures in my file of our unit that may help us get repairs made, perhaps at a much reduced cost to us.

So, to all of you who has a late model unit and you have not been up on the roof yet, may want to consider doing so just for better piece of mind.
Old 10-30-2015, 03:08 PM   #6
Lost in the Woods

When I was trained as an RV inspector, the front end cap seams were high on our list to be inspected as this tends to be a problematical item for 5th wheels, across mfgs.

Recently, I inspected a one year old class A and it had problems with its seams on its front cap. However, it was unclear if this was due to a mfg problem or if the motorhome had an accident where the owner went to a low end body shop for a cheap repair that he didn't want to disclose. The buy was unaware of this until I pointed it out to him as he missed he before he picked up the Class A gas from a dealer. This is the second Class A I have seen with those problems.

Note: I have been asked to do some RV claims inspections, so things are getting interesting for me.
RodgerS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 03:27 PM   #7

RogerS, I understand your predicament! Because, I retired from one of the industries largest manufacturers as a service and warranty rep. Been around the block once. Working on the second lap, now!! ��