Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-15-2019, 10:43 PM   #1

This is very disappointing...

Almost two years to the day of picking up our 377 I identified what I believe to be beginning of the infamous master slide crack. I would appreciate anyone's experience in how they went about getting this resolved. I've emailed the dealer and waiting to hear back. It also seems like the master section is sagging causing the trim to sag on both sides? I tried to push up on the trim to see if its just loose but its solid and won't budge. See pics.

Appreciate your experiences and tips...
Attached Thumbnails
20191013_143300.jpg   20191014_151243.jpg   20191014_151303.jpg  
Slurugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 04:46 AM   #2

Sorry to hear you have joined the club. There is a thread "Sidewall crack study-what’s your setup?" that has a lot of good information. If your dealer is not responding, call Jayco customer service direct (800-283-8267). They should open a case, take your photos, and get you scheduled assuming they honor this as warranty. I would make sure you also tell them you sent emails to your dealer and be ready to provide a copy if needed.

I believe scheduling is already into next year.
2018 North Point 377RLBH, Roadmaster Comfort Ride, Dexter E-Z Flex Suspension, Flexair 21k Pinbox, Victron MultiPlus II 2x120v 12v, power distribution, solar controller, smart shunt, 1000w of solar panels, 4 Lifepo4 200ah batteries
2017 Ford F350 Lariat CC DRW LB 6.7, Air Lift 7500XL with Air Lift dual channel wireless
bill3kirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 06:04 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slurugger View Post
Almost two years to the day of picking up our 377 I identified what I believe to be beginning of the infamous master slide crack. I would appreciate anyone's experience in how they went about getting this resolved. I've emailed the dealer and waiting to hear back. It also seems like the master section is sagging causing the trim to sag on both sides? I tried to push up on the trim to see if its just loose but its solid and won't budge. See pics.

Appreciate your experiences and tips...
Contact Jayco, but do it with email so you have documentation. Make sure you have a picture that will show the crack. Jayco offered to sen an expediter to pickup our unit and take it to the factory for repair.
Ram Laramie 3500, asin, 4x4, DRW 4:10.
2018 NORTH POINT 315, 8K Axles,disk brakes and 17.5"
WayneTaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 08:28 AM   #4

Ensure you keep a log on who you talk to at Jayco. They normally assign to investigate. Warranty number is very important as well as the name of the investigator. I had my dealer stall on action based on parts. Their statement is "Our parts is validating with Jayco parts. WRONG. The "parts" are from Lippert/Gerrard, so not a Jayco parts issue.

Two years into my 5r I have had to caulk in the same areas your pointing to. Although I don't see any cracks as of yet. I have been told from the dealer to keep it caulked and caulking is not a warranty issue, it's standard maintenance. This is terrible but not picking this fight yet. Just keeping the log fresh...

E-9 Anchor Clanker
Full timers since 2010
2017 North Point 381 DLQS
2015 F-250 6.7 w/Timbrens
DonaandDon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 08:34 AM   #5

Your trim caulking is classified as a routine maintenance issue since some flex and expansion cobtraction is normal.

Definitely contact them about the crack..
Old 10-23-2019, 10:37 PM   #6

For sure contact Jayco about the crack before your 2 years is up. Jayco was awesome and actually picked mine up and fixed back at the mother ship and delivered it back to me, been almost a year now and going strong!
MadJoker TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2019, 11:39 AM   #7

Our dealer refused the crack repair job. At the suggestion of Jayco, we've made an appointment for the repair at Vogt RV in Ft. Worth, TX. Jayco was booked through July 2020 and Vogt could do it as early as this December.
2019 F350 DRW Lariat CC Long Bed Diesel "Sheila"
3 Chihuahuas and 4 cats
We don't camp, we don't glamp, we LIVE.
Joan617 is offline   Reply With Quote