Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-01-2019, 01:18 AM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by NASAGUY View Post
I am endlessly curious, so purchased both the combo (vented) Splendide and then after 6 months the stacked Splendide. The Stacked is better in every way than the combo unit. It works more like a home unit, and everything about it is less complex to do. Also, the clothes come out perfect without having to mess with the controls to prevent wrinkles. I got the vented combo to work well, but there truly is no comparison between the two. I put the pan at the bottom in case of a leak. I always had to wash and dry separately with the combo unit to get it to work well, but the stacked works so much better. Not sure about weight etc., but does not appear to be an issue at all in my 5th wheel. After owning both, I would stick with the stackable given a choice.

Yeah, I don't think that I have room for the Stack washer and dryer, the bottom will fit good in the space but looking at the top it might not be doable I would have to see when I go out to my rv.
Big1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2019, 01:27 AM   #42

Now this was about three years ago but is this for real or should I just blow it off?https://youtu.be/2BE9R2crN0Y
Old 10-01-2019, 03:10 AM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big1 View Post
Now this was about three years ago but is this for real or should I just blow it off?https://youtu.be/2BE9R2crN0Y
He sounds like he really doesn't like a w/d in an RV. I full time and would not be without my Splendide 2100XC. Yes it does smaller loads, yes it isn't fast, but I'm retired and have all the time I need. You do have to learn how to use it, but it sure beats going to the laundromat and spending your cash every week and wasting the time sitting around waiting. I had rather load it up and let it do it's thing however long it takes.

2006 GMC 2500HD CCSB 4x4 Duramax/Allison, Titan 52 gallon fuel tank, Prodigy Controller, B&W Companion Hitch
2010 Jayco Designer 35RLTS, Cummins/Onan RV QG 5500 EVAP, Progressive Industries EMS-PT50X, TST Systems 507 TPMS, RV Flex Armor Roof
edatlanta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2019, 04:17 AM   #44

Quote:
I've seen his videos before. Typical clueless salesman that likes to hear himself talk.

Earl
Mopar_Earl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2019, 04:21 AM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by edatlanta View Post
He sounds like he really doesn't like a w/d in an RV. I full time and would not be without my Splendide 2100XC. Yes it does smaller loads, yes it isn't fast, but I'm retired and have all the time I need. You do have to learn how to use it, but it sure beats going to the laundromat and spending your cash every week and wasting the time sitting around waiting. I had rather load it up and let it do it's thing however long it takes.
Yep, we load it in the morning and then do our thing. Later that day or before bed we unload it. We are part-time and use it anytime we have full hooks. Next week we will use it everyday for 7 days.

Earl
Old 10-01-2019, 05:19 AM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mopar_Earl View Post
I've seen his videos before. Typical clueless salesman that likes to hear himself talk.

Earl

Well interesting posts around this topic. I am looking to a w/d combo unit in my NP 377. I am experiencing an issue he states in this video which is the bedroom door way is to small to fit any unit I have found. Currently looking at the LG WM3488HW ventless unit and the prep is in the master closet. The bedroom door way measures 22 7/8” wide inside the door frame and the LG unit is 24” wide. I then started looking at the Splendide 7100XC and that measure 23 1/2” wide. As of now it looks like to get anyone of them in through that doorway, I am going to have to remove the entire door frame and see how much more room I gain.
MadJoker TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2019, 05:23 AM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadJoker TX View Post
Well interesting posts around this topic. I am looking to a w/d combo unit in my NP 377. I am experiencing an issue he states in this video which is the bedroom door way is to small to fit any unit I have found. Currently looking at the LG WM3488HW ventless unit and the prep is in the master closet. The bedroom door way measures 22 7/8” wide inside the door frame and the LG unit is 24” wide. I then started looking at the Splendide 7100XC and that measure 23 1/2” wide. As of now it looks like to get anyone of them in through that doorway, I am going to have to remove the entire door frame and see how much more room I gain.
Good old RV manufacturers lol mine fit, barely through the bedroom door. It had to come through a certain way. Wait till those with residential fridges need to replace them! Those don't come through the entry door. Word on the street is they have to remove the slide out. Lol

Earl
Old 10-01-2019, 05:43 AM   #48

Quote:
Good old RV manufacturers lol mine fit, barely through the bedroom door. It had to come through a certain way. Wait till those with residential fridges need to replace them! Those don't come through the entry door. Word on the street is they have to remove the slide out. Lol

Earl

I got the residential fridge also. Have not checked the depth of the fridge yet to see how wide it is, but the front door is 27 3/4” wide. I do fully imagine the doors will need to come off the fridge to get it out. If the slide needs to come out will be using a cooler! It will also be an “I told you so” moment with the wife as I wanted to standard electric/propane fridge that has worked for so many years in the RV world.
MadJoker TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 10:44 AM   #49

Quote:
I got the residential fridge also. Have not checked the depth of the fridge yet to see how wide it is, but the front door is 27 3/4” wide. I do fully imagine the doors will need to come off the fridge to get it out. If the slide needs to come out will be using a cooler! It will also be an “I told you so” moment with the wife as I wanted to standard electric/propane fridge that has worked for so many years in the RV world.
I have the Norcold 18cuft Polar Max 2118SS electric/propane and was told up front if it needed replaced the slide has to come out. If that ever happens it will be done by an RV repair shop even though I do most of my own repairs.
2000 F250SD SRW 7.3 LB Extended Cab Air Bags
2002 Western Star 4900EX 500 Detroit 13sp.
2014 Eagle 30.5BHLT (sold)
Edd505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 04:50 PM   #50

I absolutely love my Splendide because A) it's so very handy and practical and B) it's not made by Furrion.
Elinem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 01:42 AM   #51

Okay guys, now I feel confident that I can do this myself though I am still looking for a good use one for now but might have to spent the money to get a new on.

So those that have the same unit that I have is the sticker for drilling the 4' hole in the right place?

Thank you guys for all of your helpful comments, really appreciated it.
Old 10-10-2019, 02:58 AM   #52

Good luck and do let us know how the install goes.

If you do put the 4” hole in the wrong place, just put another outdoor speaker in it and call it an upgrade.
2019 F350 DRW Lariat CC Long Bed Diesel "Sheila"
3 Chihuahuas and 4 cats
We don't camp, we don't glamp, we LIVE.
Joan617 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 02:47 PM   #53

We have the Splendide stack washer and dryer. The wife loves them. We spend on average 5 - 6 months a year in the 5er.
As for the fridge, we have the counter depth Whirlpool residential in our unit. I have measured the fridge and am confident that once the doors are removed it can be pulled out of the slide and removed through the exterior door.
Old 10-10-2019, 05:43 PM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joan617 View Post
Good luck and do let us know how the install goes.

If you do put the 4” hole in the wrong place, just put another outdoor speaker in it and call it an upgrade.

Thank you, you know I hope that it want come to this but in case it should happen that is a good idea, finder cross.
Old 10-11-2019, 02:35 PM   #55

Quote:

Remove the door frame and it will go thru......

2016 Pinnacle 36 KPTS
2016 F350 Lariat CC LB dually 6.7
jasum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 02:40 PM   #56

Quote:

Earl
Earl the residential refrigerator will go thru the entry door. Refrigerator doors have to come off, then it goes thru.

2016 Pinnacle 36 KPTS
2016 F350 Lariat CC LB dually 6.7
jasum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 03:14 PM   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasum View Post
Earl the residential refrigerator will go thru the entry door. Refrigerator doors have to come off, then it goes thru.
No worries, I have an RV fridge.

Earl
Old 10-15-2019, 04:48 PM   #58

Okay guys, I ran across a washer and dryer combo by LG are they good washer and dryer?
Old 10-15-2019, 04:51 PM   #59

Quote:
Okay guys, I ran across a washer and dryer combo by LG are they good washer and dryer?
Is it for RV's? If not, I'd be concerned if it would hold up to the movement going down the road.

Be sure it will fit in the entry door, bedroom door, and washer compartment.

Earl
Old 10-15-2019, 05:07 PM   #60

Quote:
I have the Kenmore version (ventless) in our toy hauler. Be sure to check the size cause ours is a full 24 x 26. It works for us because it's in the garage. We've had it 2 years with no problems so far. We've had splendides in the past (both stacked and combo vented), and the Kenmore is a better unit hands down. Better cleaning and faster drying. It does help that it's bigger, so we don't over load it.

Camping nights: 2019 - Too many to count, 2020 - 3
BeachRetreat is offline   Reply With Quote